ADVERTISEMENT

Help me feel better about our dline

scrltnite1

Redshirt
Gold Member
May 29, 2004
Coming out of this weekend, the position group that has me most concerned is the dline -- more than even our injury-riddled linebacker group. When I look at that unit I see nothing, not swiss-cheese terrible, but literally nothing positive -- no upfield push/disruption from the interior line, no collapsing the pocket on pass plays, no pass rush from the ends, (almost) no sacks, no contain when the QB rolls out, no turnovers -- just four guys dancing with the other team's olinemen. As for the interior guys, it looks like they're each carrying a 50lb bag of sand in the seat of their pants -- and I assume that body type is by design. And I don't think it's going to make any difference whether/when the injured guys return since I saw the same from them last year. And despite the score, my observation is that RU castoff Camron Stewart was far more active and productive at d-end for Temple against Oklahoma, than any of our d-ends were against Howard. So help me understand, is our dline only supposed to hold their ground and occupy blockers so that the linebackers can roam free and make all the tackles, or do we have a problem?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.