ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s what a Joe Moorhead pursuit would cost

Really? Ped St. and Moorhead RAVED about Stevens while he was at Ped St. Then acted like he hit the lottery when Stevens chose to transfer to Miss St. Are you Moorhead's PR agent?
Nope. Just don't like to see people misrepresent someone. Moorhead RAVED about Stevens while he was at PSU? Then why did he start McSorley?

Both Stevens and Schrader are a clear drop down from what they had last year in Fitzgerald. And both are playing hurt.

Reactions: BLewis1968
steven was horrendous at penn state. He’s not a quarterback. Everyone except Moorhead apparently and maybe you could see that.
At PSU:

61% completion rate
4 TDs 1 Int
6.7 yards per carry on 76 rushes
8 TDs rushing

Wasn't used a whole lot, and can understand that with McSorley, but when used, just how are those stats horrible? Oh yeah, because YOU KNOW!

At PSU:

61% completion rate
4 TDs 1 Int
6.7 yards per carry on 76 rushes
8 TDs rushing

Wasn't used a whole lot, and can understand that with McSorley, but when used, just how are those stats horrible? Oh yeah, because YOU KNOW!
Yes I have eyes and watch games. Those stats were almost all mop up duty. He threw about 10 passes last year and 30 the year before. In meaningful minutes last year he completed about 50% not that it matters because it’s not statistically significant. He mostly ran the ball so teams also sold out against the run. In 2017 he completed 50% of his passes (maybe 30). He caught almost as many passes as he threw. He also ran 76 times as you noted. That was run pass ratio of about 2:1. Teams expected him to run so when he pulled it in particularly in Franklin run up the score mode he was able to complete some passes lol. He should have completed a much higher percent but he is inaccurate. Again something you can see with your eyes. Even the average penn state fan was rightly terrified when mcsorley got dinged up because they knew Stevens was not a qb. I guess maybe Moorhead evaluates guys liKe you do looking at statistically insignificant numbers without context. Playing as a full time qb he sucks. What are his #s now in meaningful minutes not playing as a decoy? Again you are totally clueless.

Nope. Just don't like to see people misrepresent someone. Moorhead RAVED about Stevens while he was at PSU? Then why did he start McSorley?

Both Stevens and Schrader are a clear drop down from what they had last year in Fitzgerald. And both are playing hurt.
Wow - Because McSorley was better! Coaches rave about backups all the time. They talked Stevens up like he was Steve Young behind Joe Montana. Sorry reality has hurt your feelings. Moorhead didn't have to take him, there are a million other transfer qbs on the market. He keeps starting him too! Sorry Moorhead is not made to be a P5 head coach. Guy is a deer in the headlights It's a whole different ballgame when you're not a coordinator. Nice excuses, but what about the dozens of teams that do well with transfer or freshman qbs? Enjoy Moorhead's horrible season. Go chat about this on the Miss St board and argue with all of them who think he's a complete joke.

Last edited:
Wow - Because McSorley was better! Coaches rave about backups all the time. They talked Stevens up like he was Steve Young behind Joe Montana. Sorry reality has hurt your feelings. Moorhead didn't have to take him, there are a million other transfer qbs on the market. He keeps starting him too! Sorry Moorhead is not made to be a P5 head coach. Guy is a deer in the headlights It's a whole different ballgame when you're not a coordinator. Nice excuses, but what about the dozens of teams that do well with transfer or freshman qbs? Enjoy Moorhead's horrible season. Go chat about this on the Miss St board and argue with all of them who think he's a complete joke.
I'm simply dealing with reality here. I understand you think Schiano is the second coming and you're panicked over the possibility of a different coach, so you make stuff up. When Moorhead does incredibly well, it's the players, not the coach. When he struggles, it's not the players, it's him.

Moorhead engineered a great turnaround at Fordham. He was a highly successful OC at UConn. He was a highly successful OC at PSU. He's halfway into his second year at MSU, having lost an excellent QB and using two guys who are not nearly as good and playing hurt. That is the reality. He's going to have a tough year in all likelihood.

It is just as easy to trash GS's last 8 years, getting fired at two jobs for not getting the job done and making a wtf move with the Patriots. See, not hard.

I'm simply dealing with reality here. I understand you think Schiano is the second coming and you're panicked over the possibility of a different coach, so you make stuff up. When Moorhead does incredibly well, it's the players, not the coach. When he struggles, it's not the players, it's him.

Moorhead engineered a great turnaround at Fordham. He was a highly successful OC at UConn. He was a highly successful OC at PSU. He's halfway into his second year at MSU, having lost an excellent QB and using two guys who are not nearly as good and playing hurt. That is the reality. He's going to have a tough year in all likelihood.

It is just as easy to trash GS's last 8 years, getting fired at two jobs for not getting the job done and making a wtf move with the Patriots. See, not hard.

I've posted my list of preferred candidates many times on this board the past couple of weeks. Schiano is not at the top of my list. Nice try.

Hate to encourage SCILS, but Morehead's armor is getting pretty dingy with what is looking to be a blowout loss today.
I rest my case. Never meant to come across as a jerk - call em how I see em. Moorhead may be a nice guy. I just want the very best coach at RU we can get and I believe in our potential as a program. We can aim high!

Reactions: bethlehemfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT