ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s what a Joe Moorhead pursuit would cost

If Sarge is writing this, then there's substance.

And it pretty much coincides with the whispers about how much money we have to spend.

Meyer isn’t coming for any amount of Money
Hardin isn’t coming and I’d bet good money that as long as you are putting yourself in a kids shoes they don’t know who he is. They don’t care about Boise. EVERY NJ kid knows Moorhead and PSU
Lol! Every NJ kid knows about Moorhead? Please, they know about Saquon Barkley, not Moorhead. You could have coached that offense loaded with pros. Don't fall for this Moorhead stuff like you did when Ash was hired.

And where's his great offense been all this year with his handpicked qb transfer from Ped St? Nobody seems to be able to answer that on this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: opie22
Meyer isn’t coming for any amount of Money
Hardin isn’t coming and I’d bet good money that as long as you are putting yourself in a kids shoes they don’t know who he is. They don’t care about Boise. EVERY NJ kid knows Moorhead and PSU
I never said Meyer was likely. OTOH, you don’t know what Meyer might do.

The others, as I pointed out, simply have better looking resumes than Moorehead. And while any senior or maybe junior who was recruited by Moorehead knows who he is, younger kids do not. Why would they? Most watch the NFL, chase girls or play video games way more than watch college football. And those that do watch are focused on the players, not on who the assistant coaches are.

Most kids will look him up online like they’ll do with any coach.

Reactions: SCILS02
I never said Meyer was likely. OTOH, you don’t know what Meyer might do.

The others, as I pointed out, simply have better looking resumes than Moorehead. And while any senior or maybe junior who was recruited by Moorehead knows who he is, younger kids do not. Why would they? Most watch the NFL, chase girls or play video games way more than watch college football. And those that do watch are focused on the players, not on who the assistant coaches are.

Most kids will look him up online like they’ll do with any coach.
Sorry but as someone who deals with and knows “recruits” all the way down to middle school, this simply isn’t true. I go to HS games almost every week and the kids are always taking about what coaches are on the sidelines or visited the school.

Barkley didn't become all world until he got there. His production exploded once Moorhead became OC.
Would like you to explain why his offense has been horrific this year since he is an offense "guru."He's got a qb he hand-picked and hasn't even played the toughest teams in the SEC yet. Let me answer it for you: because he is a bad head coach who will end the year with a really bad record.

Reactions: ru1869
Sorry but as someone who deals with and knows “recruits” all the way down to middle school, this simply isn’t true. I go to HS games almost every week and the kids are always taking about what coaches are on the sidelines or visited the school.
I just said that those he’s been recruiting will know who he is. But that’s true of all the coaches in question. And for the vast majority of kids out there, who he hasn’t recruited, or schools he hasn’t visited in years, he’s not some big name coach.

Would like you to explain why his offense has been horrific this year since he is an offense "guru."He's got a qb he hand-picked and hasn't even played the toughest teams in the SEC yet. Let me answer it for you: because he is a bad head coach who will end the year with a really bad record.
The fact that he wanted tommy Stevens to be his qb is a really bad sign. Stevens is horrendous

Reactions: SCILS02
During James Franklin's first two years as head coach (and prior to Moorhead's arrival), the Penn State offense averaged 335.3 yards per game in 2014 and 348.4 yards per game in 2015. While learning Moorhead's offensive system during 2016, offensive output at Penn State improved to 432.6 yards per game
Penn State:
2016: 432 yards/game
2017: 460 yards/game
Post-Moorhead
2018: 423 yards/game
2019: 465 yards/game (not into heat of B1G schedule yet)

Mississippi State:
Pre-Moorhead:
2016: 440 yards/game // 30.4 pts/game
2017: 418 yards/game// 32 pts/game
Moorhead
2018: 397 yards/game // 28.5 /pts/game
2019: 376 yards/game // 26.8 pts/game

Don't really see a compelling case either way for Moorhead at PSU or MSU.
Try looking at points on the board:

2015 pre Moorhead: 23 ppg 9 games under 30
2016 Moorhead Y1: 34 ppg 3 games under 30
2017 Moorhead Y2: 41 ppg 2 games under 30
2018 post Moorhead: 37 ppg 6 games under 30

Reactions: Knight Shift

2015 Hackenberg
2016 mcsorley
2018 no Barkley no Hamilton no gesicki.

2015 Hackenberg
2016 mcsorley
2018 no Barkley no Hamilton no gesicki.
Hackenberg was a second round NFL pick, fourth QB picked in the draft. Is there something bad about that?
And Trace McSorley? Went from great seasons under Moorhead to mediocre season when Moorhead left.
They returned a bunch of starters in 2018, basically the whole starting line.
They went from weak in 2015 to very good in 2016, to great in 2017, and then regressed in 2018. Simplest explanation: Moorhead.

Hackenberg was a second round NFL pick, fourth QB picked in the draft. Is there something bad about that?
And Trace McSorley? Went from great seasons under Moorhead to mediocre season when Moorhead left.
They returned a bunch of starters in 2018, basically the whole starting line.
They went from weak in 2015 to very good in 2016, to great in 2017, and then regressed in 2018. Simplest explanation: Moorhead.
You’re clueless

moorhead thinks Taking a L is bad in SEC?
Makes you Soul Search?
Wait until he plays a B10 East schedule IF he became HC.
He would be crying all weekend.
https://www.al.com/sports/2019/10/coaching-in-the-sec-is-soul-crushing-just-ask-joe-moorhead.html

“Coaching in the SEC for about a year-and-a-half now in a lot of ways has been a humbling experience,” Moorhead said. “I don’t think you get to this point where I am without a certain level of success, and of confidence, but this game and the SEC, it has a way of keeping you honest.”

Nineteen games.

That’s all it took for Moorhead to sound like a man in over his head and a fanbase to want to turn to the page to someone new. It’s not like Moorhead had never coached big-time football before arriving at Mississippi State, either. He was a very successful offensive coordinator under James Franklin at Penn State, rejuvenating a program to back-to-back 11 win seasons in the competitive Big Ten. He was a hot name after that 2017 season and could have been a player in multiple job openings before taking the Mississippi State job

That quote really gave me pause when I first read it, and if Hobbs is considering Moorehead, it should give him pause too.

Reactions: ATIOH
moorhead thinks Taking a L is bad in SEC?
Makes you Soul Search?
Wait until he plays a B10 East schedule IF he became HC.
He would be crying all weekend.
https://www.al.com/sports/2019/10/coaching-in-the-sec-is-soul-crushing-just-ask-joe-moorhead.html

“Coaching in the SEC for about a year-and-a-half now in a lot of ways has been a humbling experience,” Moorhead said. “I don’t think you get to this point where I am without a certain level of success, and of confidence, but this game and the SEC, it has a way of keeping you honest.”

Nineteen games.

That’s all it took for Moorhead to sound like a man in over his head and a fanbase to want to turn to the page to someone new. It’s not like Moorhead had never coached big-time football before arriving at Mississippi State, either. He was a very successful offensive coordinator under James Franklin at Penn State, rejuvenating a program to back-to-back 11 win seasons in the competitive Big Ten. He was a hot name after that 2017 season and could have been a player in multiple job openings before taking the Mississippi State job

That humbling experience quote by Moorhead may not sit too well with MSU boosters and fans. If he goes 5-7 this season with a loss at home to Ole Miss he could get canned. But that doesn’t mean he’d want to come to RU.

Cmon man, please. Saquon was a generational rb. Had zero to do with Moorhead. Now please answer my question - WHERE IS HIS OFFENSE THIS YEAR!?

Funny. I found that quote refreshing.
Refreshing? What about his quote the prior week when he said he had to do a better job of not paying attention to what fans say? Guy is a complete little league head coach. Unreal.

Is his offensive performance refreshing this year too?

Last edited:
The fact that he wanted tommy Stevens to be his qb is a really bad sign. Stevens is horrendous
What am I missing here? He's used two QB's all year. One of those is a 4 star #7 ranked dual threat true freshman. That;s obviously his guy but he's probably not up to speed yet.

What am I missing here? He's used two QB's all year. One of those is a 4 star #7 ranked dual threat true freshman. That;s obviously his guy but he's probably not up to speed yet.
Hahaha you know how to spin for him huh? It's 100% obvious you haven't watched a second of them play this year with that comment. What's your spin for his soft defense and undisciplined team? What's your spin for him losing vs. Tenn with no offense? What's your spin for him not making a bowl this year?

think horrific might be a bit if a stretch? He is playing a freshman QB about 50% of the time and he's still averaging almost 380 yards a game and 27 points. Team is also averaging almost 200 yards a game on the ground.

Reactions: Tararua and ruronny
think horrific might be a bit if a stretch? He is playing a freshman QB about 50% of the time and he's still averaging almost 380 yards a game and 27 points. Team is also averaging almost 200 yards a game on the ground.
He's been playing the frosh qb because Stevens cannot move the ball and he's been yanked out of a few games because the fans have boo'd him off the field. This is really showing you have no clue what is going on with Moorhead down there. The Moorhead offense is ranked in the bottom 30% of all of FBS!

Why is Moorhead not working out at MSU?

I've read some things, but I'd like to hear the perspectives of his backers.

(He's not at the top of my list, but he's in the top 5.)
because 25th recruiting class is like 8th in the conference.

Mississippi State recruiting was ranked #24 by both Rivals and 247 in 2019 and both had them 11th in the SEC. The current 2020 rankings have Mississippi State at 19th and 20th and 7th and 8th in the SEC.

Mississippi State recruiting was ranked #24 by both Rivals and 247 in 2019 and both had them 11th in the SEC. The current 2020 rankings have Mississippi State at 19th and 20th and 7th and 8th in the SEC.

Terrible recruiter...wait ... erm... :eek:

I think most here would kill for those classes.:Pray: :Praying:

Hahaha you know how to spin for him huh? It's 100% obvious you haven't watched a second of them play this year with that comment. What's your spin for his soft defense and undisciplined team? What's your spin for him losing vs. Tenn with no offense? What's your spin for him not making a bowl this year?
It's not spin, yes, I have watched them.
Undisciplined? they are averaging 5 penalties a game. One less than they did last year when they won 8 games
As to losing tennessee? Shit happens. It's year two, most of the players aren't his, maybe they have checked out. Maybe they just played crappy. You have a spin for Schiano losing to Tulane in year 10? Here's what I can tell you after speaking to a number of HS coaches. All the assistants people are discussing would gladly work for him. He's an excellent recruiter. They all respect him and think he has a great offensive mind. IMHO, his floor is no worse than Schiano but his ceiling is much higher.

IMHO, his floor is no worse than Schiano but his ceiling is much higher.
I agree with that. It seems clear the guy can coach and win games.

But I worry about his ability to recruit to RU specifically, just like I worry about Schiano's ability to do so these days. Recruiting to RU, with the well-publicized tremendously negative national perception RU FB has right now, is going to be extremely difficult.

It seems to me the national perception of RU when Schiano first arrived was "who"? But now the perception is "ha ha ha ha ha ha" because RU FB has been nationally televised a lot more in recent years and our massive blow-out losses were highly visible.

But I worry about his ability to recruit to RU specifically, just like I worry about Schiano's ability to do so these days. Recruiting to RU, with the well-publicized tremendously negative national perception RU FB has right now, is going to be extremely difficult.

It seems to me the national perception of RU when Schiano first arrived was "who"? But now the perception is "ha ha ha ha ha ha" because RU FB has been nationally televised a lot more in recent years and our massive blow-out losses were highly visible.
Clear the guy can coach and win games??? Are you aware he's having an awful season and just got pounded by one of the worst teams in the country. Somebody wake this guy up! Lol.

Clear the guy can coach and win games??? Are you aware he's having an awful season and just got pounded by one of the worst teams in the country. Somebody wake this guy up! Lol.
people would take your posts more seriously if you weren't so overly dramatic.
Awful season = 3-3
Pounded = 10 point loss
worst teams in the country = 2-4
come on man

Was you THIS demanding when Schiano lost to New Hampshire, UConn, Cincinnati at the most WTF times?

Honestly, I think you are over thinking this. Nobody is coming to come in here day 1 and get the top recruits out of the gate. Whoever we hire is going to have to win at first with less. Moorehead has done this. Plus, I really think Moorehead has kids following him one day. Whether it be MSU commits, or transfers from both PSU and MSU

Reactions: Knightmoves
people would take your posts more seriously if you weren't so overly dramatic.
Awful season = 3-3
Pounded = 10 point loss
worst teams in the country = 2-4
come on man

Awful season - An entire fanbase that wants him gone after only 1.5 years. No quality wins and won't make a bowl. Already pulling qbs and having breakdowns during pressers. Watch and enjoy.

Pounded - Did you watch the game? It wasn't close and they were physically destroyed. Did you listen to what HE said after the game?

Worst teams in country - Yes, Tenn is one of the worst teams in the country....until they beat lowly Miss St - which I predicted weeks ago after everyone was telling me Miss St was good. Tenn hadn't won an sec game in a year. They already lost to GEORGIA ST. at home week one! They have been one of the laughingstocks in college football the last couple of years.

I have plenty of credibility on this site including stating Ash was a horrendous hire the second it was announced. Also gave detail about the circus that was going on during the Ash tenure years ago when people like you were still riding his jock. No problem, I can handle it...

Awful season - An entire fanbase that wants him gone after only 1.5 years. No quality wins and won't make a bowl. Already pulling qbs and having breakdowns during pressers. Watch and enjoy.

Pounded - Did you watch the game? It wasn't close and they were physically destroyed. Did you listen to what HE said after the game?

Worst teams in country - Yes, Tenn is one of the worst teams in the country....until they beat lowly Miss St - which I predicted weeks ago after everyone was telling me Miss St was good. Tenn hadn't won an sec game in a year. They already lost to GEORGIA ST. at home week one! They have been one of the laughingstocks in college football the last couple of years.

I have plenty of credibility on this site including stating Ash was a horrendous hire the second it was announced. Also gave detail about the circus that was going on during the Ash tenure years ago when people like you were still riding his jock. No problem, I can handle it...
lol. and I was never on Ash's jock. I said from the get go we shouldn't have hired a first time head coach and it's well documented here.

Serious question - did Moorhead bang your GF?

I'm not crazy about Moorehead too, but your attacks on Moorhead are funny.

Call em how I see him. Sadly, I watch way more college football than a human should and have watched his Miss St. team closely. Nice little coordinator NOT a head coach. But folks can actually watch him themselves the rest of this season and decide if I'm right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT