ADVERTISEMENT

Hmmmm Paul?

What a weird thing to post. We’ll find out when we find out. Today is a good day with Cliff’s news.

I guess the thought from the OP is that Paul would be the first to announce he is returning if he is returning. But I don't think we should read too much into things - guys make their announcements in their own way and on their own schedule these days.

Reactions: darkcheck
The timing seemed strange to me yes, thought Paul would say something first.

It’s the lack of hype. Cliff gets a video and other programs making big deal out of their star’s return for another season. The silence is deafening.

So weird.

Maybe after last season, he's tired of social media & just focusing on himself and basketball.
The internet is brutal, people have been tweet about him announcing his withdrawal. Nasty crap and directly at him. “Professional writers” being the worst. Not sure why media types feel they need to troll someone instead of reporting.

Reactions: DC8690
I can't understand why so many people, hiding behind anonymous internet handles. feel the need to be hyper critical of someone who seems to epitomize the best ideals of being a college athlete. Many of the posters on this board are assholes.
Probably because a bunch of them are putting money down on the games.

At this point is the roster set except for Paul?

Could be that he and Pike are working in concert and that Paul, if an extremely loyal son, is waiting to see if a player becomes available late. That is, will come back if his presence is a significant benefit to team but not come back if a player of need—with two, three, four years of eligibility—becomes available.

At this point is the roster set except for Paul?

Could be that he and Pike are working in concert and that Paul, if an extremely loyal son, is waiting to see if a player becomes available late. That is, will come back if his presence is a significant benefit to team but not come back if a player of need—with two, three, four years of eligibility—becomes available.
The portal is closed and has already been picked over. The only difference making players that could become available are grad transfers. And we have several open scholarships as it now stands, so even if Paul comes back, as I expect, we still need to add a couple players.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Could be Paul is wondering if he even wants to play competitive basketball anymore and looking at other options that he might want to pursue in the business world or look into coaching after grad school

Reactions: DC8690
I’d like to think I was one of Paul’s earliest critics last year. Dude struggled badly towards the end and I called for someone like Derek to step in. But in all honesty, I’d still like to have Paul back. There’s no denying that when he is ACTUALLY trying to score, he can make a huge impact ala two years ago. Who in the world knows what was going on with him late last year.

That being said, where is Paul’s role next year? In the ideal version of our roster, we currently have the speed guard (Noah, Derek), the shooter (Gavin), the big (Cliff), the scrappy, all-around player (Mag).

Paul needs to fine tune his post game and ACTUALLY look to shoot. Everyone knew he wasn’t going to shoot when he got down there in the post, including us, but he is probably better than anyone on the roster in the old man post game. When he is a midrange or post threat, he’d be like a mini Chris Webber. Looking to score, but great passer when he’s getting attention. If he’s serious about trying to play pro, scoring (not facilitating) is going to get him there.

Reactions: RUBlackout7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT