ADVERTISEMENT

How are Pinstripe Bowl ticket sales?

Hey bitnez not sure who you know, but every season ticket holder I know, including our group will be there so FU!!

Good to see fans are going. Just about every fan (almost all season ticket holders) that I know, are not going.

We will definitely draw more than this poultry crowd that showed up for the 2019 Pinstripe Bowl.
Utterly ridiculous no shows from Michigan St. and WF. 37,000 fans per Pinstripe. Yeah right. LMAO

Hey bitnez not sure who you know, but every season ticket holder I know, including our group will be there so FU!!

Oh I know enough but I sit in a better section than you so we probably don’t cross paths. I don’t make it down by the 20s too much except when I’m walking out. But all good, you enjoy the game, guy. I wasn’t discouraging anyone from going. I was simply reporting that in my circle, fans aren’t going.

Oh I know enough but I sit in a better section than you so we probably don’t cross paths. I don’t make it down by the 20s too much except when I’m walking out. But all good, you enjoy the game, guy. I wasn’t discouraging anyone from going. I was simply reporting that in my circle, fans aren’t going.
In my many decades on this planet one thing I’ve learned is that most people who feel the need to brag about what they have usually have very little. You maybe the exception but somehow I think I’m right

In my many decades on this planet one thing I’ve learned is that most people who feel the need to brag about what they have usually have very little. You maybe the exception but somehow I think I’m right

Not really. I’m generally positive fan and don’t say much to anyone. Feel free to look at my posts. I honestly was posting that it was good to see fans were going because the fans I had talked to were not going. This other guy decided to throw an “FU” my way. And in fairness, I’d hardly say that was a brag. It was a good spirited dig.

Not really. I’m generally positive fan and don’t say much to anyone. Feel free to look at my posts. I honestly was posting that it was good to see fans were going because the fans I had talked to were not going. This other guy decided to throw an “FU” my way. And in fairness, I’d hardly say that was a brag. It was a good spirited dig.
Understood.

Reactions: bitnez
FYI:

Based on a few updated (from both friends and posters here, alike, on the RT) comments/text/calls/posts it looks like The Yankees/Ticketmaster are releasing RU ticket orders in "bunches." Essentially what they're doing is seeing which seats sell through TM, first, THEN assigning requested RU ticket "pricing level" seats based on what is remaining. That's why some have received their tickets and others haven't. This should help explain a couple of things, IMHO, and should show some big movements of the seating char diagram, on TM, when each "(ticket) release" occurs. Apparently there's another one later today. so we'll see.

Hope this helps!

yes.. we need to make up for the Miami fans MIA
Weak ACC fanbases are the norm.

The B1G was affiliated with the Holiday Bowl up to a couple of years ago. My son and I saw Wisconsin beat USC there in 2016. Even this game gets played in a baseball stadium now - Petco Park.

Petco for the Chargers? Designed with football in mind?

Thats as ill informed and wrong a post as I have seen. There was never ever an inkling or thought that NFL Chargers could play in Petco. It was not DESIGNED with football in mind. it was never even floated a new downtown stadium was the discussion Never Petco. it serves a reduced capacity bowl game baseball stadium one off like yankee wrigley etc
Snapdragon Stadium where San Diego State plays now would be a nice alternative to Petro IMO for the Holiday Bowl. 35K easily expanded to a higher number.

An_aerial_view_of_Snapdragon_Stadium_%282022-08-26%29.jpg

It’s built right next door to the old Murph/Qualcomm.

Turns out a lot more needed to be done at Petco to make it football ready…

Last edited:
Snapdragon Stadium where San Diego State plays now would be a nice alternative to Petro IMO for the Holiday Bowl. 35K easily expanded to a higher number.
Yep correct

Much more fun downtown, but stadium much better re Snapdragon

Is waiting to see if prices end up lower on Stubhub a stupid idea?
they will, not even sure why that is a question. If you look, lots of seats available so I'd imagine it's not selling well (or could be later decision for those in the area and we see late surge) but yeah, you'll get cheaper if that's what you're looking for

they will, not even sure why that is a question. If you look, lots of seats available so I'd imagine it's not selling well (or could be later decision for those in the area and we see late surge) but yeah, you'll get cheaper if that's what you're looking for
There are not "lots of seats available" "if you look." The 100's and 200's have less than 1,000 total seats still available, Ticketmaster (you can literally "enlarge" the seating chart diagram and see EXACTLY what is/isn't available) and add up the seats on SH (the same seats are available on "Seat Geek," as well, so don't double-count). The 5 RU sections in the 300's are selling quickly as well. Bleachers? Sold out. Audi Club? Sold out. Delta Club? Sold out.

Venue absolutely sucks. There’s no way getting around that.

But as these lower tier games continue to lose their relevance with playoff expansion, it’s fine. Especially when everyone not in the playoffs will just transfer or sit these glorified exhibitions out.

There will be less justification to fly out to destination bowls to watch 2nd and 3rd stringers duke it out in a non-playoff game.

Venue absolutely sucks. There’s no way getting around that.

But as these lower tier games continue to lose their relevance with playoff expansion, it’s fine. Especially when everyone not in the playoffs will just transfer or sit these glorified exhibitions out.

There will be less justification to fly out to destination bowls to watch 2nd and 3rd stringers duke it out in a non-playoff game.
For some, sure.

But a decent destination and date will still keep a few in business.

Just went section-by-section on Ticketmaster:

100's/200s - 271 tickets left (bigger #'s per section on the 1B side of the stadium....IIRC the 100's and 200's combine for about 30,000 seats)

300's - 266 tickets left (1 of 5 sections completely sold out)

(not gonna count the "aftermarket" but there's not that many available and most are duplicates....)

.....so, yeah, we know who is full of shit and, as usual, that 95 is talking out of his ass.

Last edited:
You've been proven correct, @RUTGERS95. Rutgers officially failed to sell out its ticket allotment yesterday; back in 2013 it was sold out more than two weeks before the game. CLEARLY sales are slower this time around (and also slower than 2011). This is now a fact and no longer up for debate.
not something I wanted to be right on I can assure you but not surprised

I have tried to tell people on this board that outside of this 'rabid base' most people have a different view of many things we discuss

There's a lot about allotment in this thread, but given that buying in the allotment doesn't allow you to pick your seats, does everyone buy through Rutgers when there are so many other ways to get them? The real question is total attendance and will the game beat the two post-covid crowds of 29,653 and 31,131 and end up in the traditional range of high thirties which is where it seems to be about every year that Penn State and Notre Dame weren't involved?

December 30, 2010 Syracuse 36 Kansas State 34 38,274
December 30, 2011 Rutgers 27 Iowa State 13 38,328
December 29, 2012 Syracuse 38 West Virginia 14 39,098
December 28, 2013 No. 25 Notre Dame 29 Rutgers 16 47,122
December 27, 2014 Penn State 31 Boston College 30 (OT) 49,012
December 26, 2015 Duke 44 Indiana 41 (OT) 37,218
December 28, 2016 Northwestern 31 No. 22 Pittsburgh 24 37,918
December 27, 2017 Iowa 27 Boston College 20 37,667
December 27, 2018 Wisconsin 35 Miami (FL) 3 37,821
December 27, 2019 Michigan State 27 Wake Forest 21 36,895
December 29, 2020 Game canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
December 29, 2021 Maryland 54 Virginia Tech 10 29,653
December 29, 2022 Minnesota 28 Syracuse 20 31,131

These threads are too funny. I’m hoping click click boom will be played at the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT