ADVERTISEMENT

How do you order our schedule from easiest to hardest?

LeapinLou

Heisman Winner
Jul 25, 2001
Sometime in the back half of August nj.com or app.com will have an article where win probability is posted. This is mine from easiest to hardest:

- Howard
- Akron
- UCLA
- Illinois
- Washington
- Minnesota

- @MSU
- @UMD
- @VT
- @Nebraska
- Wisonsin
- @USC

To get to 8-4, we’re going to need to go 5-1 in the first grouping and 3-3 in the 2nd. How would you modify this list?

Howard - c'mon, man

Akron

UCLA (long trip east!)
Illinois

Minnesota
at Michigan State
Washington (long trip, night atmosphere, crowd will be rocking)
at Maryland

at VT
Wisconsin
at Nebraska (road makes this tougher than Wisconsin)

at USC - easily the hardest on paper to start the season

Sometime in the back half of August nj.com or app.com will have an article where win probability is posted. This is mine from easiest to hardest:

- Howard
- Akron
- UCLA
- Illinois
- Washington
- Minnesota

- @MSU
- @UMD
- @VT
- @Nebraska
- Wisonsin
- @USC

To get to 8-4, we’re going to need to go 5-1 in the first grouping and 3-3 in the 2nd. How would you modify this list?
I think Washington is being underestimated. Also, not sure why anybody thinks Michigan State will be even that good. They were horrible last year, from what I saw...

Howard
Akron
Illinois
UCLA
@Michigan State
Minnesota
@Maryland
Wisconsin
@USC
Washington
@Nebraska
@Virginia Tech

So I could make the case for any order for the last 3, UW, UN & VT. I think VT being early in the season and on the road makes it our most difficult game. Nebraska is gonna be tough because they really have 5 easy games coming into ours, UTEP, Colorado, Northern Iowa, Illinois and @Purdue. I expect them to be 5-0 with that schedule. Plus we're going there for their Homecoming Game. Ugh!

Howard
Akron
Illinois
UCLA
@Michigan State
Minnesota
@Maryland
Wisconsin
@USC
Washington
@Nebraska
@Virginia Tech

So I could make the case for any order for the last 3, UW, UN & VT. I think VT being early in the season and on the road makes it our most difficult game. Nebraska is gonna be tough because they really have 5 easy games coming into ours, UTEP, Colorado, Northern Iowa, Illinois and @Purdue. I expect them to be 5-0 with that schedule. Plus we're going there for their Homecoming Game. Ugh!
Good list other than I'd have 3-5 USC, Wisconsin, Washington.

Remember Washington while talented, esp at QB, will have 18-19 new starters and lost over 30 scholarship players overall. They're not the same team that finished 2023.

W - Howard
W - Akron
W - Illinois
W - UCLA
T - @MSU
W - Minnesota
T- Washington
L - @UMD
W - Wisconsin
L - @Nebraska
W - @VT
L - @USC

7 Wins
3 Loses
2 toss-ups

8-4

Finally Win at Wisconsin
Take out V-tech again
We still find a way to lose @Maryland
Still can't beat Nebraska
USC talent is just too much
Let one get away with either MSH or Wash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT