ADVERTISEMENT

Hyatt and Mag

Westcoast

Heisman Winner
Nov 14, 2001
Portland Oregon
I routinely see lots of hate directed at these guys but they are both valuable pieces. Tonight they contributed 20 pts 15 rebounds and a few assists and steals. Yes shooting wasnt great, they had some bad turnovers and they both missed what turned out to be critical open lay ups. But they are also first time starters who are probably rushing things around the basket. I think that will fix itself as the season goes along. They both just need to understand their roles. Mag is very good posting up his defender and getting close shots. Hyatt is strong and can make outside shots and get rebounds in traffic. And lets face it, on a team lacking high powered offensive threats and Spencer playing tight again against quality opponents, without these guys who the hell is going to score some points? Do we expect MocConnell and Cliff to score 40?

Compare their shooting to Cam. Now if they are parked on the bench as role players as you say, who are you playing in their places?
one has to start when Paul comes back. They are not players that you can count on to score nor should you, its damning for Pikes recruiting IMO, ron left and yet no replacement. Yes Cam is an issue as well

It’s simple, let us not forget how good Ron was. To expect Ron replacement would come from the Mag/Reiber/Hyatt combo just isn’t realistic. These guys can all be valuable role players but Harp was a three level scorer. We haven’t come close to replacing his game. Sadly, this may not turn out to be the year we expected.

Reactions: bac2therac
Its about context. During crunch time they hurt the team last night.

The press defense has looked really strong in every game so far. The only consistency. Will we have enough pieces to use it more regularly when we get Paul back? That’s a big question because that’s the defense when Mag and Hyatt can thrive playing big minutes. Mag is a good transition scorer. The press defense masks Hyatt’s issues on rotations. He’s athletic and good with the trapping too.

It’s simple, let us not forget how good Ron was. To expect Ron replacement would come from the Mag/Reiber/Hyatt combo just isn’t realistic. These guys can all be valuable role players but Harp was a three level scorer. We haven’t come close to replacing his game. Sadly, this may not turn out to be the year we expected.
And yet, with Harper, we lost to DePaul, Lafayette (at home), and UMass during the same week or so last year.

I’m adding to the injury to Mulcahy, It’s still mostly about Pike’s teams not being as ready, prepared, and tested as early in the season as other teams.

Reactions: BillyC80
one has to start when Paul comes back. They are not players that you can count on to score nor should you, its damning for Pikes recruiting IMO, ron left and yet no replacement. Yes Cam is an issue as well
Cam has had 1 bad game. I’ll wait before calling him an issue.

I routinely see lots of hate directed at these guys but they are both valuable pieces. Tonight they contributed 20 pts 15 rebounds and a few assists and steals. Yes shooting wasnt great, they had some bad turnovers and they both missed what turned out to be critical open lay ups. But they are also first time starters who are probably rushing things around the basket. I think that will fix itself as the season goes along. They both just need to understand their roles. Mag is very good posting up his defender and getting close shots. Hyatt is strong and can make outside shots and get rebounds in traffic. And lets face it, on a team lacking high powered offensive threats and Spencer playing tight again against quality opponents, without these guys who the hell is going to score some points? Do we expect MocConnell and Cliff to score 40?
Hyatt completely disappeared in the 2nd half

There is nothing valuable about Hyatt, massive liability
This is why fan board’s like this aren’t taken seriously. Because of joker posts like this .
Hyatt is a solid power 5 role player and has the resume to prove it. He’s not a star , and he’s not a guy you should go to down 2 with under a minute to go . But he’s a solid contributing guy on a winning team. He’s hit big shots here and at another place to prove this

I guess we all can’t be great visionary fans and tell you ash will get us smashed.
But Hyatt is solid hotel and player

2 bad shooting games against the only 2 teams we played this year that were not ranked in the 300’s. You don’t think it’s a concern at all?
Could just as easily be due to shooting in a different venue outside of the RAC.

May have less to do with the level of competition than you think. As Geo mentioned, he got good looks, he just missed them.

My guess is he’ll have plenty of good scoring nights for us, especially at the RAC going forward, even as the competition heats up.

Could just as easily be due to shooting in a different venue outside of the RAC.

May have less to do with the level of competition than you think. As Geo mentioned, he got good looks, he just missed them.

My guess is he’ll have plenty of good scoring nights for us, especially at the RAC going forward, even as the competition heats up.
I think he just choked. He had some wide open threes and bricked them.

Reactions: BillyC80
I think the inability or lack of recognizing to get an experienced wing via transfer portal is glaring. This along with injuries to 2 of our top 3 players is contributing to more being asked of other players that are ready or capable to do.

This is why fan board’s like this aren’t taken seriously. Because of joker posts like this .
Hyatt is a solid power 5 role player and has the resume to prove it. He’s not a star , and he’s not a guy you should go to down 2 with under a minute to go . But he’s a solid contributing guy on a winning team. He’s hit big shots here and at another place to prove this

I guess we all can’t be great visionary fans and tell you ash will get us smashed.
But Hyatt is solid hotel and player
What's his role, losing the ball and losing us games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT