ADVERTISEMENT

Hyatt ReClasses to 2018

I don't put stock in AAU events, you don't know the context of when, where shots are taken or made....that's why it's important to have coaches that, you know, actually watch games in person, project what a player is going to look like in a college uniform.

And while every player isnt a Top 150, more than half or 65% of the players that play the bulk of the minutes are usually top recruits.

Carry on with whatever goal you have, Hyatt is a prospect being recruited....there's much more detail that folks are aware of that impact stats...let me know when you are attending your next weekend AAU tournament so we can get your feedback or details....probably best to rely on the people or ask the people who actually do attend the games....there's plenty of resources and ways to get valuable information on recruits, game videos, etc....the fact remains that you have to earn a spot in EYBL and RU isn't consistently recruiting Top 100-150 kids each and every year that are in this league....

I have no idea why you mention a silly agrument like he was playing against 150 recruits as a defense for his sub-par 3 point shooting. He is still a very good player, ranked 62 with a lot of big offers and he would be a great pickup for Rutgers..........BUT,

He. Did. Not. Shoot. Well. In. Those. Games.

All you had to say was, "his 3 point shooting was off during some games and he shot 28%"...End of story.

Instead, you went searching for excuses and attempted to belittle the other guy who mentioned the shooting percentage.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUJMM78 and Scangg
AAU numbers are with players that are Top 150 in every aspect...those are more than respectable numbers in an elite league...too bad fans are just not aware, but bringing knowledge is the key.....there's not a lot of past RU recruits that have numbers in EYBL in general, you have to actually be good enough to play in the circuit.
There's also a lot less defense played at AAU events. I've been to probably a hundred of them. Sometimes its like watching the NBA All-Star game. Stats get inflated.

I have no idea why you mention a silly agrument like he was playing against 150 recruits as a defense for his sub-par 3 point shooting. He is still a very good player, ranked 62 with a lot of big offers and he would be a great pickup for Rutgers..........BUT,

He. Did. Not. Shoot. Well. In. Those. Games.

All you had to say was, "his 3 point shooting was off during some games and he shot 28%"...End of story.

Instead, you went searching for excuses and attempted to belittle the other guy who mentioned the shooting percentage.

Find where i made an excuse....i didn't...i am saying that i don't put stock in AAU games as a primary determining factor on a player's performance or stats, especially when you have watched enough games to know a good or off performance....what i am saying is you have to be pretty good to be in Nike EYBL...

I thought they didn't play D in AAU? Regardless those shooting numbers a just flat out bad no matter how you spin it. I love Hyatt and want him here. He obviously had a bad run shooting. Doesn't mean he's a bad shooter but I'm not buying the D was so good he shot THAT poorly. What's he going to do against B1G defense then with that logic? Better hope it wasn't the quality of the D and not just him being off shooting

Reactions: RU-Choppin-Ohio
There's a specific reason why i think the numbers are where they are and why it may help RU in his recruiting.....best to let it play out....

Reactions: gigantor1024
I believe there's a cut down list of schools coming for Hyatt....RU is in good shape with a handful of options for this last spot, so while Hyatt would be more than ideal as the last ship, RU isn't in make or break mode at this stage. I would however be surprised if RU wasn't on a list to receive an official visit if the 2018 reclassification is done and a choice would probably make sense in the next month or so.

Reactions: gigantor1024
I believe there's a cut down list of schools coming for Hyatt....RU is in good shape with a handful of options for this last spot, so while Hyatt would be more than ideal as the last ship, RU isn't in make or break mode at this stage. I would however be surprised if RU wasn't on a list to receive an official visit if the 2018 reclassification is done and a choice would probably make sense in the next month or so.

What happens during an official visit when school isn't in session?

Reactions: NewJerseyHawk
What happens during an official visit when school isn't in session?

Good question but some official visits have run from Thursday to Saturday or Friday to Sunday....a school is limited to 48 hours for an "official".....if school is not open or has summer sessions in play, there is still enough to make a full pitch to a school without it being in fall or spring.

Last summer, Harper, McClung and Mathis all committed prior to making their official visits later that fall (it might have been the Purdue or Maryland football game weekend), once practices were officially started prior to the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT