ADVERTISEMENT

Hyatt

Corycord1

Junior
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2017
Needs a thread for himself. One of the most under appreciated Rutgers players in the Pike era. He was once an overlooked bench player and is now our most consistent player on the court. I wish that he had more around him, really could have been a special year with him inserted into a lineup with Cam or Paul. He never complained, continued to get better and is now a legitimate big10 wing that is a threat offensively and defensively. Shout out to you, Aundre

He is much improved and I have forgiven him for last year at Minnesota

Reactions: shields
Definitely has the confidence to take a big shot, and he seems to be playing more under control lately and not just looking for "my turn" shots. That's good growth.

What i'm liking about Hyatt this year, and particularly the past 10 or so games is that he knows that his teammates have confidence in him now and are looking to set him up for shots that he can confidently make........past years Hyatt would chuck shots up completely out of the flow of the offense and teammates knowing that wouldn't try to find him. That has totally changed and his confidence and consistency is way better as are the results.

Last edited:
He has been better this year, he also is playing more under control as the season progresses. Seemed like early this year he was forcing and chucking more. He still does a little bit, but to be honest someone has to step up and try and score on this team. His shot selection looks much better in recent games taking more open threes as opposed to gotta get mine, chuck it up threes.

Hyatt has been great. In part because he now lets the game come to him. He is very good catching and shoooting from 3 and making the occasional decisive drive to the hoop. He has eliminated dribbling too much, which was the cause of too many TOs in years past. Kudos to Andre for working hard and improving his game.

Hyatt has taken such a leap forward this year, absolute credit to him. Up to 36% on the year from 3, 77% from the line and I think underrated growth as a defender — his work on Reneau and Mast at times tonight has impressed me.

I think he and Mag are national championship level role players, just needing to do too much on a bad team.

Reactions: BillyC80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT