ADVERTISEMENT

I feel bad for

Except...there IS attendance at baseball games. Parents can attend. Again, if you just read the link you will see you were wrong.

After having to change the argument about how COVID will affect the fall...we're now on spring attendance..for baseball...
God damn you are dumb. Yes parents can attend. They could attend football and basketball games as well. That doesn’t help the fans.

God damn you are dumb. Yes parents can attend. They could attend football and basketball games as well. That doesn’t help the fans.

Yeah so many fans.

Just like all the posters here who were so desperate to get to a match for men's lax- which is a great team and having a great season- did even one poster who complained get a ticket?

Of course not. The people who were all "open back up"- some mysterious reason now since January- are now doomcasting and claiming RU will be closed in the fall with no evidence. Wonder why...

Yeah so many fans.

Just like all the posters here who were so desperate to get to a match for men's lax- which is a great team and having a great season- did even one poster who complained get a ticket?

Of course not. The people who were all "open back up"- some mysterious reason now since January- are now doomcasting and claiming RU will be closed in the fall with no evidence. Wonder why...
Keep moving the goal posts and focus find your argument. It’s what you do. Baseball no fans. You were wrong.

Lax —-> you can go

Baseball——> still can’t go

One of the mods on here “did the math” by even counting family/guardians and showed how this could work for Baseball having people there since the players, staff, officials, Rutgers employees don’t count for the #s.

Keep moving the goal posts and focus find your argument. It’s what you do. Baseball no fans. You were wrong.

Except there are fans. And you were wrong. And not like you were attending- you just were ranting after lying about Holloway.

But you know what they say about Holloway...he's still your President!

Reactions: Greg2020
Lax —-> you can go

Baseball——> still can’t go

One of the mods on here “did the math” by even counting family/guardians and showed how this could work for Baseball having people there since the players, staff, officials, Rutgers employees don’t count for the #s.

I'm still waiting for one of the people demanding lax be allowed to have fans to tell us how it was attending a game.

It's almost as if the people complaining about no attendance had no intention of attending and only wanted to wishcast problems to troll. Oh right- no almost about it.

It doesn’t matter that we lost both games of the doubleheader vs Iowa yesterday. I still would have loved to have the chance to watch every pitch of a Rutgers game .

I'm still waiting for one of the people demanding lax be allowed to have fans to tell us how it was attending a game.

It's almost as if the people complaining about no attendance had no intention of attending and only wanted to wishcast problems to troll. Oh right- no almost about it.
Can you or I go to a Rutgers Baseball game?

Reactions: vkj91
Except there are fans. And you were wrong. And not like you were attending- you just were ranting after lying about Holloway.

But you know what they say about Holloway...he's still your President!
No fans. Sorry parents don’t count. No fans. No fans no fans. You were wrong, AGAIN. Should have tour handle to NOTeverright.

No fans. Sorry parents don’t count. No fans. No fans no fans. You were wrong, AGAIN. Should have tour handle to NOTeverright.

LOL. Of anyone who should know repeating lies doesn't make them true, it should be you. Like you learned on the TSA Pre Check at passport control in Europe, lol.

Very Krappy Judge of facts. Sad.

Glad you admitted though that you're not only a liar but also have no intention of going to any games, but just to cry.

It's funny to watch you hate on RU and the fact it's reopening because it hurts everything you lied about in the last year.

LOL. Of anyone who should know repeating lies doesn't make them true, it should be you. Like you learned on the TSA Pre Check at passport control in Europe, lol.

Glad you admitted though that you're not only a liar but also have no intention of going to any games, but just to cry.

It's funny to watch you hate on RU and the fact it's reopening because it hurts everything you lied about in the last year.
Can you, I, @vkj91 or anyone else in this thread (not related to a player) go to a Rutgers baseball game or not?

Can you or I go to a Rutgers Baseball game?

Sure looks like it depending on the venue where its held.

While I did see one person in a Facebook group posted video from a lacrosse game, the 5-10 posters on this board who insisted they'd be going to games have not. Wonder why that is.

Almost like they're more interested in their political arguments winning than taking in the fact that we have yet another top 25 program to enjoy.

Personally I've only attended football and bball games, but I wish all RU sports well. I'm not about to cry about something that literally no effect on me. It seems like a good lesson for that group.

Oh well, at least they have UFC attendance to hone in on.

Can you, I, @vkj91 or anyone else in this thread (not related to a player) go to a Rutgers baseball game or not?

You can read what the link says. They actually could hold the game in the stadium or another higher capacity venue.

Alas. I am sure someone from the AD reads this board and realizes that the people who claim they are desperate to attend have zero interest in doing so.

Let's be honest; given the choice of attending the game or engaging in political rhetoric on this board, 100% of the people who claim to be upset about the attendance policies for non-football and basketball sports would 100% choose the rhetoric.

Which is sad, because many of those teams are having nice seasons. It'd be nice to have even one poster who shrieked about lacrosse attendance get a ticket for a game and go. But that'd require the courage of their conviction, which in 2021 is mostly about talking down and picking up the phone and ranting.

Sure looks like it depending on the venue where its held.

While I did see one person in a Facebook group posted video from a lacrosse game, the 5-10 posters on this board who insisted they'd be going to games have not. Wonder why that is.

Almost like they're more interested in their political arguments winning than taking in the fact that we have yet another top 25 program to enjoy.

Personally I've only attended football and bball games, but I wish all RU sports well. I'm not about to cry about something that literally no effect on me. It seems like a good lesson for that group.

Oh well, at least they have UFC attendance to hone in on.
I’ll make it simpler for you...

Can any of us not related to a player go to a HOME Rutgers Baseball game at Bainton Field?

That’s the question being asked.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.

Can any of us not related to a player go to a HOME Rutgers Baseball game?

Yes.

Shall I repost the link?

I know that link is troublesome, as it destroys literally every negative comment about Holloway, and we know what the issue some have with him is, and it certainly ain't sports. Or academics.

But anyway, glad you admit that literally NO ONE complaining about attendance policies has any intent of attending games.

Oh and also, I was glad to debunk the lie that Holloway planned to keep the school closed for the fall.

On the bright side, people perpetuating this argument don't want to send their kids to Rutgers anyway, so that's another win.

Can any of us not related to a player go to a HOME Rutgers Baseball game at Bainton Field?

He simply doesn’t live in reality.

More wrong. More lies. Everyone is wrong but you. Even the guy who covers baseball for this site is wrong. Lol

I would have gone to every pitch of Saturday’s doubleheader . We are running out of home games and still the general public has not been allowed at Rutgers Baseball.

I know kids who were planning on going to schools in the northeast who are now headed south. Kids want to be at schools that are open. You only do college once

This is a factor. My daughter will start at Clemson in August. She has no interest in college football. She just wants to go away for college. In fact, I have wanted all of my kids to go out of state for college. Not a knock on RU, but I would like my kids to see other parts of the country, get away from home and grow on their own. My youngest ended up at TCNJ over Colorado (my preference) and Syracuse and loves it. My second went to VT last Fall and had a bad experience given the lock-downs, remote classes, etc., and he also had Covid. I think my third saw that experience and opted for a school that is wide open (over Bucknell, which was my preference). Let's face it, NJ has an excellent high school system, and many NJ high schoolers have many options for college--many with prettier campuses, better college towns and, yes, better sports programs. Yes--a student can get an excellent education at RU, but many kids just want to try another part of the country.

It’s all about sex appeal when bringing in 16-18 year olds for this type of decision.

- athletic succes means that school is being talked about and there’s excitement around that - prospective student is on board
- said school plays the US News Rankings systems well and shows up as a “highly” rated school - now parents are on board

so you schedule a tour

- you get there and the campus is beautifully maintained, has all the bells & whistles , shiny new buildings - student is sold
- then this out of state school or private reduces their already jacked up cost with a “well earned scholarship” - parents are sold

Now both students and parents have a ton to brag about to their peers. They’re all beyond excited and proud.

That’s how it plays out .

Reactions: vkj91
Mad Dog and I drove down to see a school that will remain nameless but we took the Cape May Ferry to make the trip shorter.

It was snowing pretty good, but we got to the campus, before the Coaches were expecting us for the meeting.

We drove around, Mad Dog hated it. "I don't want to meet the Coaches, i refuse to go here ! Let's go home !"

So I called Mary Anne and had her call the Coaches and tell them we had had a MV accident because of the snow storm and wouldn't be able to make it that day.

We never returned and Mad Dog wound up at UCINN and we had to drive over 600 miles one way to see him play.

Irish, I haven’t given up hope for RU, but my youngest nephew is leaning heavily towards Clemson. Were you able to go on any official tours before corona? What did she like about CU and if she has any relatives/friends do they like it? My nephew and his family had a friends sister walk them around the campus. Thanks for any comments.

Irish, I haven’t given up hope for RU, but my youngest nephew is leaning heavily towards Clemson. Were you able to go on any official tours before corona? What did she like about CU and if she has any relatives/friends do they like it? My nephew and his family had a friends sister walk them around the campus. Thanks for any comments.

My daughter saw Clemson a couple of years ago when my older son visited the campus. She fell in love with it. She doesn’t know anyone who has gone to school there.

I don’t really understand why she chose Clemson other than it’s a pretty campus, it’s an open campus, and it’s far from home. I have reservations about her going, but it’s her choice.

My daughter saw Clemson a couple of years ago when my older son visited the campus. She fell in love with it. She doesn’t know anyone who has gone to school there.

I don’t really understand why she chose Clemson other than it’s a pretty campus, it’s an open campus, and it’s far from home. I have reservations about her going, but it’s her choice.
Another big factor is time of year you visit. Ive always been told Clemson is such a nice campus. We visited two December’s ago and left unimpressed. Giving it another chance in May.

Irish, if she is interested in Business, did all the new Business School buildings and new dorms factor into her decision?

Vkj,after living in South Carolina, I can tell you that the Northwest part of the state in the 4,000 foot mountains which is the general region Clemson is in can get pretty cold, gray, and rainy in the Winter months. The other nine months up there is really nice. If you get a chance, visit Caesars Head State Park. There is a place called Symms(sp)Chapel/Pretty Place. It is the most beautiful place I have ever hiked. Weather can really affect how somebody views a campus. I actually give a slight edge to Virginia Tech over Clemson, but when my nephew was at VT, it was raining, gray, and not warm. At Clemson, it was a perfect day.

Vkj,after living in South Carolina, I can tell you that the Northwest part of the state in the 4,000 foot mountains which is the general region Clemson is in can get pretty cold, gray, and rainy in the Winter months. The other nine months up there is really nice. If you get a chance, visit Caesars Head State Park. There is a place called Symms(sp)Chapel/Pretty Place. It is the most beautiful place I have ever hiked. Weather can really affect how somebody views a campus. I actually give a slight edge to Virginia Tech over Clemson, but when my nephew was at VT, it was raining, gray, and not warm. At Clemson, it was a perfect day.
Interesting. I consider VaTech to be one of the nicest campuses I’ve ever visited. Weather is huge. Few weeks ago we did a swing of Virginia. Went to JMU first, it was cold grey, rainy and empty. Drove just an hour about to see UVA, sun was out and cherry trees were in blossom. Totally different feel.

More wrong. More lies. Everyone is wrong but you. Even the guy who covers baseball for this site is wrong. Lol

Some people can read the link. But not everyone. And given no one here was actually planning on even being on campus until September, well...

It’s all about sex appeal when bringing in 16-18 year olds for this type of decision.

- athletic succes means that school is being talked about and there’s excitement around that - prospective student is on board
- said school plays the US News Rankings systems well and shows up as a “highly” rated school - now parents are on board

so you schedule a tour

- you get there and the campus is beautifully maintained, has all the bells & whistles , shiny new buildings - student is sold
- then this out of state school or private reduces their already jacked up cost with a “well earned scholarship” - parents are sold

Now both students and parents have a ton to brag about to their peers. They’re all beyond excited and proud.

That’s how it plays out .

Maybe it's me, but bragging about Clemson...I wouldn't be impressed. A scholarship to UVA or UNC? I'd be very impressed.

We always hear how our alums don't donate but then they sign up to make a much larger donation to Clemson...it doesn't add up. And the lack of any research by parents or students is just sad in the internet age.

This is a factor. My daughter will start at Clemson in August. She has no interest in college football. She just wants to go away for college. In fact, I have wanted all of my kids to go out of state for college. Not a knock on RU, but I would like my kids to see other parts of the country, get away from home and grow on their own. My youngest ended up at TCNJ over Colorado (my preference) and Syracuse and loves it. My second went to VT last Fall and had a bad experience given the lock-downs, remote classes, etc., and he also had Covid. I think my third saw that experience and opted for a school that is wide open (over Bucknell, which was my preference). Let's face it, NJ has an excellent high school system, and many NJ high schoolers have many options for college--many with prettier campuses, better college towns and, yes, better sports programs. Yes--a student can get an excellent education at RU, but many kids just want to try another part of the country.

Seeking Colorado over TCNJ or Clemson over Bucknell is the most NJ thing I've come across. It's total Shop Rite line material. Even when they leave NJ, it's for the lesser academic school.

Some people can read the link. But not everyone. And given no one here was actually planning on even being on campus until September, well...
Except there are people in this thread who wanted to go to the Iowa games and couldn’t.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
All the regular students that are going out of state for college in the next few years. Going to miss the rebirth of Rutgers football with 200K in debt

Buy stock now!!!!

I wish it was only 200K in debt. My cousins son will be spending $320K to go to Boston College, and then additional monies to goto medical school.

Maybe it's me, but bragging about Clemson...I wouldn't be impressed. A scholarship to UVA or UNC? I'd be very impressed.

We always hear how our alums don't donate but then they sign up to make a much larger donation to Clemson...it doesn't add up. And the lack of any research by parents or students is just sad in the internet age.

... the word scholarship can be very very deceiving and it is CERTAINLY used as a recruiting tool (which RU doesn't seem to engage in anywhere near as much). For a NJ high school student they might get a couple thousand a year in an "academically earned scholarship" but the cost of attending that school, with that scholarship is still higher than attending Rutgers. (because for privates and out-of-staters on publics the cost is significantly jacked up 2-3x what RU charges for in-staters)

BUT the parents get to brag to friends and family that lil Sally got scholarship money at this beautifully maintained southern school. So the parents are now filled with pride. And that even leads to them openly bashing Rutgers because they wouldn't offer Sally scholarship money. (but RU is cheaper and perhaps still the better value)

That is one way that the in-state perception and reputation amongst parents, counselors, and neighbors is sour towards RU.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT