ADVERTISEMENT

I made it to Indy…..

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Drove to Indy from NJ ; went thru a snowstorm in PA this morning and am tired

But made it to Arena with 16 minutes to go in first half for NW / Nebraska.

I walk into arena and am looking for seats and there are the Iowa Hawkeyes seated up behind the basket

I asked for a picture - albeit I am not wearing RU gear tonight ( will wear the RU gear starting tomorrow) and they’re a very pompous bunch. No smiling / very unfriendly bunch of players

Quite easy to root against.

If anyone else will be in Indy, let me know. I ll be at all the games and will be wearing my RU gear starting tomorrow .

BTW, Indy is a beautiful city and arena is a beautiful venue.

Also when driving thru Ohio, I heard Kyle Young of Ohio State Will not play due to concussion and Key is questionable.

Also Wisconsin fans told me Johnny Davis will play.

Cant wait till Friday and the way Nebraska is playing - we may be playing them on Friday.

I walk into arena and am looking for seats and there are the Iowa Hawkeyes seated up behind the basket

I asked for a picture - albeit I am not wearing RU gear tonight ( will wear the RU gear starting tomorrow) and they’re a very pompous bunch. No smiling / very unfriendly bunch of players

If anyone else will be in Indy, let me know. I ll be at all the games and will be wearing my RU gear starting tomorrow .

Also when driving thru Ohio, I heard Kyle Young of Ohio State Will not play due to concussion and Key is questionable.

Cant wait till Friday and the way Nebraska is playing - we may be playing them on Friday.
Nice you lucky sum ma bitch. Have fun and way to represent.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
Did that before our 2nd round gabe last year. Well, the shrimp cocktail anyway, and POW!!! That’s some serious nasal passage-clearing cocktail sauce!!
Ate at St Elmo’s a few years back for the first time. My coworker who had been there before tells me the shrimp cocktail is great but the cocktail sauce was pretty weak so you had to double up to get the taste the place was famous for. I load up a piece of shrimp with a ton of sauce and downed it. Immediately my nose feels like it’s on fire, my eyes start pouring tears, and I’m in agony. Good times.

Ate at St Elmo’s a few years back for the first time. My coworker who had been there before tells me the shrimp cocktail is great but the cocktail sauce was pretty weak so you had to double up to get the taste the place was famous for. I load up a piece of shrimp with a ton of sauce and downed it. Immediately my nose feels like it’s on fire, my eyes start pouring tears, and I’m in agony. Good times.
Sane! Then I dug back in lol!!!

Reactions: William J. Leggett
I know it’s a Chicago place but Giordano’s has some places around Indy, a must-stop for pizza

Enjoy your time in Indy and get us some wins.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Reactions: BigEastPhil
I’ve heard there are lots of bars near the arena , yes?
Tons. Although I prefer the BTT in Chicago purely for Illinois’ advantage, I’ll admit that Indy is a perfect setup and easily the best host. It’s awesome, and it’s one of the nicer/cleaner downtowns I’ve ever been to, and the fact it’s small is actually kind of nice for something like this.

Yes, Jersey Shore represented!

Did Bohannon charge you for an autograph?

Thanks for the update, enjoy a great tournament!

if your cocktail sauce isn't like this... I don't want it

Reactions: G- RUnit
Really?!?!?
They should call it tomato pie, that’s not pizza
After my first trip to NYC this year, I must admit the pizza was elite. However, people should know that true Chicago pizza is “tavern style” - crispy and thin. A lot of people in Chicago seem to actually view deep dish as the slightly more touristy option.

After my first trip to NYC this year, I must admit the pizza was elite. However, people should know that true Chicago pizza is “tavern style” - crispy and thin. A lot of people in Chicago seem to actually view deep dish as the slightly more touristy option.
Not at Pequods

if your cocktail sauce isn't like this... I don't want it
Cocktail sauce is very simple. Ketchup + as much fresh horse radish as you want to make it hot. I never ever eat the pre made cocktail sauce from a restaurant. Easier and much better to roll your own.

Works great with oysters on the half shell as well. But must include the square saltine cracker under the oyster. Learned that in New Orleans many years ago. Enjoy!

Reactions: mikeylew1992
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT