ADVERTISEMENT

I may actually hate (a good amount of) our fans...

been to college game all across the country over may yrs. been going to ru games 30 + yrs. IMO, RU fans are by far and away the worst i've seen. Their knowledge of the game is laughable and far too many of them show up for the bigger name teams drunk and slobbering. They are an embarrassment!.... Afetr 2006 the quality of the fans nose dived...losing brought disinterest and those people left. In the last 5 yrs , the RU fan base has once again fallen off the cliff. Drunks galore....and the nonsense you hear from your seat is astonishing!......Typical RU....typical NJ.....sad!

Ridiculous post. You don’t jack about CFB fans.
I have been to road games at West Virginia, UCONN, Syracuse, Washington, etc,
RU fans are Saints compared to the vile trash in these stadiums.

Abandoning the team and running down kids and yelling at fellow fans isn't the same. I've been to more USC and Rutgers games than I can count over the years. It's night and day. I promise you. I think USC fans go to cheer for their team. At Rutgers, you get a sense they are more interested in jeering the other team. Or their own, depending on the score. NJ has a lot more guys that like to act tough. It ain't for everyone.

Never mind somewhere like Iowa or Nebraska. Fan bases are very different across the board from my experience.
Cali I go to about 4 SC games a year and most folks are cheering but there are those negative fans out there as well when things go wrong. However they don’t seem as vocal as RU fans when things do go bad.

been to college game all across the country over may yrs. been going to ru games 30 + yrs. IMO, RU fans are by far and away the worst i've seen. Their knowledge of the game is laughable and far too many of them show up for the bigger name teams drunk and slobbering. They are an embarrassment!.... Afetr 2006 the quality of the fans nose dived...losing brought disinterest and those people left. In the last 5 yrs , the RU fan base has once again fallen off the cliff. Drunks galore....and the nonsense you hear from your seat is astonishing!......Typical RU....typical NJ.....sad!
Silliest post I’ve ever read on this board...by far’

Reactions: 1873 and Loyal-Son
This is you:

U-Conn fans set the gold standard for jag-off fans.
Agree. Drunk, loud, obnoxious, ignorant, and ugly. They got it all going up there, plus I hate that stadium, no character, ugh. In the Northeast, Army fans I have found are the most respectful, it is always a pleasure to attend a game at West Point and I have had the fortune to be invited to quite a few. No use for BC or Syracuse. I do like to visit Boston,, but not to watch a BC football game, and I hate going to Syracuse, that is one boring road trip.

I’m not surprised by any of the arguments regarding our fan base. I’ve sat all around the stadium in every situation. Blowouts, cakewalks, etc., the experience can vary so wildly, it’s ridiculous. One game we can be getting blown out and still have a classy experience with chats with our neighbors. Other times I can question why I even come to games because some fans just are super cranky, salty Debby-downers, and even start initiating confrontation with other fans. It frustrates me really. Choose your seats wisely. That’s all I’ve got to say.

Agree. Drunk, loud, obnoxious, ignorant, and ugly. They got it all going up there, plus I hate that stadium, no character, ugh. In the Northeast, Army fans I have found are the most respectful, it is always a pleasure to attend a game at West Point and I have had the fortune to be invited to quite a few. No use for BC or Syracuse. I do like to visit Boston,, but not to watch a BC football game, and I hate going to Syracuse, that is one boring road trip.
agree! Army fans are the best.....syr ...although a pretty drive up in the fall, is a real sheet hole ...bc ahh.....but the things that have been staggering into High Point Stadium these past few years are a disgrace. Where are the "felony" facial recognition cams when you need them?

Last edited:
Kyle Flood had quite a bit of help-- or maybe it was the lack of help that was provided to him. Still, most of it was on him.
True while much of the blame can be placed on Flood...let's not underestimate the damage caused by the whole lot of them. What has happened at RU these last few years is nothing short of a classic case study of what NOT to do in ANY athletic program at any level. It starts right at the top with all of Barchi's many miscues....( e.g. saying the University needs to cut spending on the fball program right off the bat in his tenure)....boy recruits must have loved that....... To the hiring of Julie H....who was severely unqualified ( esp mentally, emotionally and maturationally) for the position....e.g.....when she declined to give Flood a vote of confidence...that told recruits to stay away because the coach who brought you in is a short timer.Oh and lets not forget the institutional failure by the RU boards to properly vet ol' Julia. Face it folks, this woman was hired because she is a woman and a lesbian.....nothing more!( Thks Barbara B). To the AD Pernetti ...who looked the other way at everything he needed to be putting under the microscope!...I'll never forget 2 spring games in a row when he would stroll out on the field...in tan khakis navy blue Sports jacket and the shades....trying to give the impression that the future is so bright i need shades to dim it down a lil. Truth is....RU had won NOTHING to justify that....he just made a fool of himself!.....I can go on and on about the fans, the felons and the forgettable's but i think you guys get my drift!

True while much of the blame can be placed on Flood...let's not underestimate the damage caused by the whole lot of them. What has happened at RU these last few years is nothing short of a classic case study of what NOT to do in ANY athletic program at any level. It starts right at the top with all of Barchi's many miscues....( e.g. saying the University needs to cut spending on the fball program right off the bat in his tenure)....boy recruits must have loved that....... To the hiring of Julie H....who was severely unqualified ( esp mentally, emotionally and maturationally) for the position....e.g.....when she declined to give Flood a vote of confidence...that told recruits to stay away because the coach who brought you in is a short timer.Oh and lets not forget the institutional failure by the RU boards to properly vet ol' Julia. Face it folks, this woman was hired because she is a woman and a lesbian.....nothing more!( Thks Barbara B). To the AD Pernetti ...who looked the other way at everything he needed to be putting under the microscope!...I'll never forget 2 spring games in a row when he would stroll out on the field...in tan khakis navy blue Sports jacket and the shades....trying to give the impression that the future is so bright i need shades to dim it down a lil. Truth is....RU had won NOTHING to justify that....he just made a fool of himself!.....I can go on and on about the fans, the felons and the forgettable's but i think you guys get my drift!
In all seriousness, why are you even a fan of this school? There must be something you like. However, you clearly dislike every aspect of it from the fans to the ADs straight to the administration itself. I know it's been bad in the recent past, but obviously in 6 of the 8 posts you've written, you've shown nothing but disdain for Rutgers and all aspects it encompasses. The two you didn't had nothing to do with Rutgers. Why even join a board you knew going in talked about something you despise so much? Is life really that bad that you just needed a place to vent? Or are you a douchebag fan of another team trying to get a rise out of us?

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
cubuff....this is brilliant! Did you come up with this gem by yourself or did your dog help you?
No, your mom helped me. What a way to introduce yourself by attacking Rutgers fans with a BS post. People would respect you more if you just came out and stated your team. At least it gives Rutgers fans a chance to counter your BS. Btw, how many screen names do you have?

No, your mom helped me. What a way to introduce yourself by attacking Rutgers fans with a BS post. People would respect you more if you just came out and stated your team. At least it gives Rutgers fans a chance to counter your BS. Btw, how many screen names do you have?
davvvy20=Ash Heap. Put money on it.

Well, this certainly isn't true. I have traveled to multiple powerhouse programs throughout the years as I love tailgating and seeing different schools. Ole Miss will always be the standard to me. Talk about a fanbase that loves their players, win or lose (albeit they were winning when I went). Fournette scored a 60+ yard touchdown and instead of booing or critiquing the defenders, those fans understood there is ebb and flow to the game.

This is who I'd love for us to become. They may not always win the game but they always "win the party". Let's be honest...we are never going to be serious national contenders in this league on a perennial basis. Hell, Penn State isn't even and they are freakin Penn State! For those of you asking "what did he just say?" go look at who won the 2016 B1G championship and who actually played it in the college football playoff to know what I'm talking about. We may get our once every 20-30 year shot at the Rose Bowl like Northwestern and Purdue.

So my wish for us is to just be competitive every year and a super tough place to play in our home building 6-7 Saturdays per year. Like Iowa at Kinnick. That way, home games and the tailgating experience will always be fun.

And I still need to get to a game at Ole Miss. The Grove is #1 on my list to go visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT