ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT RECAP / POSTGAME VIDEO: Rutgers beats Drexel

On Ron Harper Jr.: “Well, I think as his coach, he did a great job. I really liked his defense today, certainly the last two games he’s really stepped it up in that area. I think we had 4 guys with double figures, and we had one with 8, so a lot of balance which I like on the floor. We’re still figuring somethings out too. I like our grit and I like that we kind of roll with our stops at the end of the game.”

On the starting five: “I like all 11 of our guys, I have confidence. You saw today Myles got in foul trouble right away, and had to go right to our bench, but I trust all of the guys. They all are going to play huge rolls in games. Tonight, all of these guys chipped in. The other night, we had a couple different guys out there. I think we’re figuring it out, but all 11 are really, really important.”

On the challenges they faced against Drexel: “I mean they have the best point guard in the CAA, the rookie of the year last year. You know you have to have screen coverage against that team. They shoot threes and multiple guys, so whenever you play a team that has multiple guys shooting threes, with a precision point guard, and Butler is the best big guy in that league. They pose many problems; they have big size and good coaches. I felt we weathered the storm and had a couple of runs. They went on a run and we went on a run to finish it out, but I like that down the stretch in the last four minutes, we sat down and guarded and made some big stops when we had to.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT