ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Crowd: Number & Atmosphere

Will Iowa travel? The corners of the upper deck are away game seating, I think the B1G demands 3,000. That may keep the number below 50,000 but hopefully not by much

He might be coming by ....right @RutgersRaRa ?
Sounds about right. I’ll find out tomorrow if my buddy John (Iowa fan, you met him at a Bball game) will be joining me. He hates his HC and OC so much that he wants RU to win. He’s in from Belize for a week so I hope he can join me and stop by the tailgate.

Reactions: MrsScrew
There will be a good number of Hawkeyes there on Saturday; they're known to travel well. Their lack of offense will limit their numbers, somewhat, though. There are also plenty of available hotel rooms in Middlesex and Somerset Counties. I had no trouble finding one.

They always inflate but im thinking in the 40k to maybe 43K tops range. Thats not bad for a program who has lost 18 straight league home games

Night game with students rocking and buzzing atmosphere nonetheless but that can go away quickly if we look like Iowa will bulldoze us. Hopefully we may it to halftime with hope

Will Iowa travel? The corners of the upper deck are away game seating, I think the B1G demands 3,000. That may keep the number below 50,000 but hopefully not by much
Howdy RU fans. There should be a notable Iowa fan presence Saturday. As a season approaches, there’s usually one road game that our fan base will gravitate toward for a trip. Judging by our Rivals crew, this game appears to be it. If I had to guess, 3k would be about right. We made it to your place the last time we played you (wife grew up in Middlesex). Great environment. Good luck Saturday.

Rutgers has lost 19 straight home games in Big Ten. How have other programs traveled to there?

I suspect many do travel. Chicago is a popular venue for games with Northwestern. Make a weekend trip out of it and maybe catch other activities.

The Maryland and Rutgers venues are great additions to Big Ten for alums in the D/M/V and New York City area.

No different than basketball games scheduled in New York City at The Garden.

In addition to Big Ten Network expansion for the conference, It also was to help with alum networking and such.

I know the Maryland game last year was a positive, in that regard. A lot of the fans attending drove and were not coming necessarily from Iowa.

Isn’t the face value of Section 124 $80 + $4 ticket fee?

Not $80 as a season ticket holder. All in, it was $64 a ticket, so similar to current stubhub price, but cheaper due to no fees.

Last edited:
Rutgers has lost 19 straight home games in Big Ten. How have other programs traveled to there?

I suspect many do travel. Chicago is a popular venue for games with Northwestern. Make a weekend trip out of it and maybe catch other activities.

The Maryland and Rutgers venues are great additions to Big Ten for alums in the D/M/V and New York City area.

No different than basketball games scheduled in New York City at The Garden.

In addition to Big Ten Network expansion for the conference, It also was to help with alum networking and such.

I know the Maryland game last year was a positive, in that regard. A lot of the fans attending drove and were not coming necessarily from Iowa.
Very well recently I would say. The fanbase here can be passionate but they’ve been beaten up so badly it will take a while to get the mojo back. If we are good it will be harder on opposing fanbase. For example our first year in the big opposing turnout was not as noticeable because our fans turned out. Lately not so much. Better than a northwestern for sure and the ones that do come are really loud if they have something to cheer for

Attendance 45k, atmosphere out of this world, and If we win the students will storm the field.

Quick review of SK.com shows maybe a few hundred left Tuesday at 3pm. The lower bowl has maybe a few dozen that are not singles.

this will surely be an announced sellout.

I’m sure there may be some empty seats as not all
On the secondary market will sell, but tickets are moving for this game.

Quick review of SK.com shows maybe a few hundred left Tuesday at 3pm. The lower bowl has maybe a few dozen that are not singles.

this will surely be an announced sellout.

I’m sure there may be some empty seats as not all
On the secondary market will sell, but tickets are moving for this game.
They’ll probably announce a sellout but no one should trust the seat map. Why would row 18 in an upper deck section sell before, for example, row 10. Not the first time Rutgers is full of crap, won’t be the last.

They’ll probably announce a sellout but no one should trust the seat map. Why would row 18 in an upper deck section sell before, for example, row 10. Not the first time Rutgers is full of crap, won’t be the last.
Stop it. The school isn't "full of crap.” If the tickets are in the hands of the secondary market, StubHub, for example, then they are officially out of RU’s hands so those tickets are no longer marked as being available for sale through the University. What’s so hard to understand about that?

Last edited:
"Full of crap" ? Most schools sell tickets in sections. The idea is that if there is less availability shown, it'll hopefully motivate people to buy tickets now versus waiting for the tickets to possibly be gone and this would have a snowball effect of building up sales.

• Haha
Reactions: CantShoutMeDown

There could a logical reason for this. For example, a group of 4 might get four tickets together in Row 18, but not in Row 10.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about how many fans will be in the stands Saturday night, this is surely the biggest game that RU has had in a number of years. When has RU last hosted a home game in-conference, at-night, and less than a double-digit underdog? I'll be watching from TV 3,000 miles away, but I think there will be a great crowd for Iowa.

Row 18 selling before row 10 makes sense in certain scenarios -- you hold back the better seats for potential season tickets, maybe partials, flex, mini plans and so the row 18's end up getting bought through group sales or single game sales and then row 10 opens up closer to the game once you release some of your season/flex/mini plan holds.

But you're spot on with not trusting a seat map (FWIW, RU is showing about 1,700 tickets available for Saturday on the seat map) -- people who paid attention saw the games you can play with a seat map during the Temple game last week.

They always inflate but im thinking in the 40k to maybe 43K tops range. Thats not bad for a program who has lost 18 straight league home games

Night game with students rocking and buzzing atmosphere nonetheless but that can go away quickly if we look like Iowa will bulldoze us. Hopefully we may it to halftime with hope
Losers of 18 straight Home Conference games dating back nearly 5 years.
Rutgers is damn lucky to have anywhere near 42,000 actual people at the Stadium on Saturday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT