ADVERTISEMENT

Is the staff coaching for their jobs next week?

RCTrooper

All American
Apr 9, 2010
Without a win at PSU, it is hard to see this team having a .500 record. Without a signature in in Cult Valley, RU would most likely be looking at an at best 5-7 record. Flood and Company proved many wrong last year with several close wins to get to 8-5 but would a 5-7 record against the off-field backdrop lead to Flood's ouster?

this has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts i have ever read on this board. In a rebuilding year with a new QB Oline and FB... and you are expecting an improvement in the record? Freaking laughable that someone would actually think this. Especially after losing 4 of our top DB's that were expected to be in the two deep since Spring.

On a 'micro' level? No.

On a 'mezzo' and 'macro' level? Absolutely. In light of the past few weeks and with the specter of 2013 not fully shaken off, i dont think our staff survives a terrible year this year. A loss next week adds about 2 tons of grease to the skid. A win and many of us would forget about the WSU game in a heartbeat; a loss and it not only gets magnified, but it will still pale in comparison to the scrutiny and indignity that will follow yet another Rutgers loss to Penn State...and right now it doesn't look good for us.

Joe P.

Reactions: bac2therac
On a 'micro' level? No.

On a 'mezzo' and 'macro' level? Absolutely. In light of the past few weeks and with the specter of 2013 not fully shaken off, i dont think our staff survives a terrible year this year. A loss next week adds about 2 tons of grease to the skid. A win and many of us would forget about the WSU game in a heartbeat; a loss and it not only gets magnified, but it will still pale in comparison to the scrutiny and indignity that will follow yet another Rutgers loss to Penn State...and right now it doesn't look good for us.

Joe P.

spot on. If RU goes 5-7 I think its 50/50 he is retained given the off field nonsense, it would then depend on how much a guy like Greg Brown wants this change and how much line does he have for Julie to spend. Now beating Penn State could end talk like this thread.

Flood gives us the best ROI in CFB outside Nat. Champ. winners like Urban and Saban. You can barely get a coordinator in the SEC for what we pay our head coach. Factor in an inept and spineless administration, AD and PR department and tell me what quality proven coach you are going to get here for less than 3M per year for 5 years fully guaranteed?

Flood gives us the best ROI in CFB outside Nat. Champ. winners like Urban and Saban. You can barely get a coordinator in the SEC for what we pay our head coach. Factor in an inept and spineless administration, AD and PR department and tell me what quality proven coach you are going to get here for less than 3M per year for 5 years fully guaranteed?

Here's what I don't understand. The money is coming so why don't they spend the money and then get the results?

Here's what I don't understand. The money is coming so why don't they spend the money and then get the results?

Politics, the Star Ledger, NJ self loathing, aspineless short-sighted administration ..... should I go on? I grew up in a state in the south where the major state university was encouraged to do the things that would cost people jobs at RU. It's a weird state. No one in NJ understands that major research universities are one of the greatest drivers of wealth in any state and that the AD is the marketing arm of the university.

I'd go so far as to say we now have zero chance at 7 wins.

Best we can do OOC is 3-1.

If you think we're wining 4 big ten games you're off your rocker.

If we go 6-6 by beating Maryland, Indiana, and one huge upset I'd take that in a second.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
Politics, the Star Ledger, NJ self loathing, aspineless short-sighted administration ..... should I go on? I grew up in a state in the south where the major state university was encouraged to do the things that would cost people jobs at RU. It's a weird state. No one in NJ understands that major research universities are one of the greatest drivers of wealth in any state and that the AD is the marketing arm of the university.

By far NJ is a bass awkward state that thinks it has it schtick together. But the way it treats its flagship university is so telling.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
Someone thinks beating Penn State would be a huge upset?
Both these teams have huge weaknesses
I expect another low scoring game that could go either way

And next year we have easier schedule. IF Hamilton does not play this year that should be given consideration also. But can we wait to see how season goes first?

Just hope that email has some smoking gun "change the grade" language so we can make a move with the backing of the entire university and put the last of the TP disaster hires out to pasture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT