ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Young

Then around the end of January/February, you watched a handful of games, and suddenly he's going to be a 30 min a game guy, team captain, etc, etc.
Correct. My initial analysis of him was based on people i spoke to who were texas fans. After i popped the tape in I saw what i needed to see.

With that said, I take corey over him all day. You guys dont realize how good corey was

Reactions: AD888
Also, really almost zero chance that Young averages 30 minutes per game with Geo, Mulcahy, Mathis, McConnell and Harper also at the 1-3, and that's even if you believe Kiss gets zero minutes, which is highly unlikely, and that Harper spends time at the 4, which will probably happen.

With the depth on the team, theres no reason anyone should play more than 25 minutes a game next year unless we're shortening the rotation at the end of the year for a tourney run. Geo would have been immensely better at the end of the season if he didnt average 33 minutes per game.

I hope you are totally wrong about the fact that no one should play more than 25 minutes a game. That means we probably will not be very good. I want our best players playing at least 28-30 minutes a game.

I have asked this many times when people bring the minutes thing up. Every other top 25 team can have their stars play 30-32 minutes a game, if not more, why can't WE? Maybe our strength and conditioning coaches over the years really aren't any good in getting our players to have more stamina?

Best of Luck,
Groz

I don't know why some of you keep ripping some of our players. I think it is wrong to say Kiss or any of our players suck. That in my opinion is totally out of line. I doubt Young will play 30 minutes but I believe he will play a lot. He is by far the fastest guy on our team. I have attended 14 practices this season and he is very good on defense, steals the ball a lot and can hit the outside shot. When he was at Texas he was behind a McDonald's All American. Why can't some of you just support our guys that want to be here and just support our team? I think some of you get your jollies by criticizing our guys and I doubt very few of you ever played D-1 basketball.

I don't know why some of you keep ripping some of our players. I think it is wrong to say Kiss or any of our players suck. That in my opinion is totally out of line. I doubt Young will play 30 minutes but I believe he will play a lot. He is by far the fastest guy on our team. I have attended 14 practices this season and he is very good on defense, steals the ball a lot and can hit the outside shot. When he was at Texas he was behind a McDonald's All American. Why can't some of you just support our guys that want to be here and just support our team? I think some of you get your jollies by criticizing our guys and I doubt very few of you ever played D-1 basketball.
A) count me in as a big jacob young fan
B) everyone has the right to an opinion to criticize thats what boards like this are for. You dont have to be a d1 hooper to have an opinion

Reactions: Scangg

Tough to pass the eye test from our board experts. I’m also excited about what Young and Mulcahy bring to the table for this team next season.

I didnt rip the kid, I think he's great. I said people were projecting unreasonable expectations given the numbers he put up at Texas if they expect him to play 30 minutes a game, be the best defender on the team, etc. His per 40 minute advanced stats bear out what I'm saying whether he played behind a McDonald's all American or not.

Reactions: RUChoppin

What does having played or not played D1 ball have to do with anything? This board is to discuss RU sports. It's ok to criticize or praise the players and the program.

Correct. My initial analysis of him was based on people i spoke to who were texas fans. After i popped the tape in I saw what i needed to see.

With that said, I take corey over him all day. You guys dont realize how good corey was
Oh God I hope Young is better than Corey, or at least is a better team-ball player than Corey was. And I do realize how good Corey was...good, but not that good. And not the type of player that plays a brand of ball that wins

Reactions: Knightmoves
Oh God I hope Young is better than Corey, or at least is a better team-ball player than Corey was. And I do realize how good Corey was...good, but not that good. And not the type of player that plays a brand of ball that wins
Coreys our best guard since mike rosario imo. Im not sure its even close either

Reactions: AD888
Well, someone has finally made the traditional "transfer guy is actually best player on the team." The Nigel Johnson Memorial Plaque, maybe?

Unfortunately for Jacob Young this prediction likely dooms him.
Yeah..basically every mod on every site. And there's probably a reason for that.

You dumped on Doucoure earlier this thread because despite being a starter you said it was on a 3-15 team in conference. Jacob Young didnt even start as a freshman or sophomore for a bad Texas team that went 4-14 his freshman year.

So I guess everything between the two is your eye test and personal opinion. So there's really no use in debating it
I would not take Jacob Young's time in Texas as an indicator of everything. He just had an entire offseason under 3 of the best guard coaches we have had in a very long time that had, at times, freshman McConnell playing like a superstar. Young is a far different player now than when he arrived.

Reactions: Scangg
It will be interesting to see how much leeway the coaches give him to play his let-it-fly game. Does Pikiell pull him after taking an ill-advised shot early in the shot clock or leave him in?

It will be interesting to see how much leeway the coaches give him to play his let-it-fly game. Does Pikiell pull him after taking an ill-advised shot early in the shot clock or leave him in?

Did Young make the ill-advised shot?

Amen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT