ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Jaden Jones to the NBA Draft

His father thinks he’s a first rounder. I don’t know but if he was that good why wasn’t he averaging 15-20 ppg instead riding the bunch the last month?

His father thinks he’s a first rounder. I don’t know but if he was that good why wasn’t he averaging 15-20 ppg instead riding the bunch the last month?
Someone is in for a big surprise.

Read above responses, he can hire an NCAA approved agent and still return to college and play.
Thanks. I didn't know that. That must be new. Anyway, the kid is dreaming if he thinks he's ready for the NBA.

We aren’t trashing him, it’s the adults around him who think he’s a first rounder.

Why do you need to declare for the NBA draft to find out if your NBA ready? Can you just ask people who evaluate those kind of things. What’s so special about declaring for the draft. Also I thought this was a joke or a parodywhen I first saw the thread

Who the heck is Jaden Jones and what team does he play for? Never heard of him.

Note to kids:

If you can’t get off the bench on a middling high major college basketball team then you aren’t going to get a sniff from the NBA.

Reactions: BossNJ
I would have thought we would hear from RHJ or Caleb before anyone else declaring their pro options.. Truly hope he gets some good advice from NBA scouts in helping him make a very informed decision

This kid has been a known commodity since he was 10

6 games at DasCHE HS in Texas, Sr year Nov and Dec 2020, 29pt 7reb, 17pts 5reb, 29pts 12reb, 26pt 13reb, 37pts 8reb, and 25pts, shot 2pt 58-76 76%, 3 pt range 12-32 38%, averaged 1.5 steals in 6 games before he enrolled early Jan 2021. And that was when he was 6'7 195, he's 6'8 or 6'9 220 now.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickRU714
This kid has been a known commodity since he was 10

6 games at DasCHE HS in Texas, Sr year Nov and Dec 2020, 29pt 7reb, 17pts 5reb, 29pts 12reb, 26pt 13reb, 37pts 8reb, and 25pts, shot 2pt 58-76 76%, 3 pt range 12-32 38%, averaged 1.5 steals in 6 games before he enrolled early Jan 2021. And that was when he was 6'7 195, he's 6'8 or 6'9 220 now.

Players are scouted years before college.
Predictions for the top of the 2023 NBA draft (graduating HS seniors:incoming freshman) are already out.

Jones (and Clif) have the look of an NBA player. As said, he’s 6’8” 220 - that is NBA wing size.
Obviously the skill set matters too.

But how old is he?
This is why freshman get drafted over seniors.
Project Jones in 3 years under full-time NBA coaching and development.
Upperclassmen generally have less projection because they already “wasted” those 3 years in college.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
If he didn’t enroll in classes this Spring or isnt going, it’s going to be hard for him to be eligible.

If that’s true, and I don’t know if it is, he has no choice. He’s out of college sports until at least the next semester. And he will likely need summer school.
Isn’t there a college rule that if he wasn’t enrolled he could not be on the bench?

Reactions: Scangg
Hopefully he just tests the waters and comes back. He's not getting drafted. Earn a starting spot and crush it.

If he does look to transfer, I wonder how much interest he would get and from what level of schools. A lot of potential and great height and length but very minimal production

Reactions: Scarlet83
I do hope he just gets his evaluation and realizes he should return to college ball. I didn't see much opening for an RU return though in his statement. I'd be very happy to be wrong on that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT