ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Miller FGM

when he’s out there he’s relentless on the guard he’s covering. Not sure how you can’t see that. Pike certainly does. He only plays in short spurts. If he was playing 20 minutes a game it’d be a different story.
He’s relentless with energy but constantly gets beat. That’s not defense

Reactions: kcg88 and Mbash93
His HS highlight tape was him taking the ball to the basket every time. In the Big Ten, that can't work and he'll have to adjust. He played his role but there's a reason that Pike wanted him to redshirt. Luckily, he has all offseason to work on his game and develop a mid-range game where teams will have to defend him and can distribute as he did in his HS tape. Will he ever be a star? Probably not. WIth some work in the gym and weight room, there's no reason he can't become a similar player to Mike Williams. There's one thing you can't teach and that's work ethic and effort which is something he has shown in every game.

This board had so many more better basketball conversations before Bandwagon fans came here.

Some very good basketball discussions.

Reactions: shields
This is what you think of at 9pm on selection Sunday Eve?
How about this question, how many steals has he had in the minutes he’s played versus other first-year freshmen in the Big Ten? You’d be surprised. Future Caleb
Even if he is a future Caleb, he still needs to provide some offense.

If Pike feels Jalen will improve enough over his college career to be an asset, you'll see a better player next year.
If Pike feels Jalen isn't a prime time player type, next year or following one, Miller will be nudged out the door and land at a program better suited for his talents.

Reactions: Mbash93
Apology for being overly harsh.
As for your question I doubt it. Back in the olden days there were guys who played and never even shot the ball.
My curiosity about whether it’s a record stems from my obsession over stats. I remember when Alex Bergman began his baseball career by hitting .031 through his first 8 games. I’ve always wondered if that was the worst career batting average any non-pitcher has had at anytime in their career beyond a .000 average.

I find the 4 vs. 5 thing ridiculous.

There are players on B1G Teams playing 20-25 minutes per game scoring like 4-5 points for the entire game. Which means for the 4 minute stretches that Jalen Miller is out there a guy like Eric Hunter on Purdue is adding ZERO points to their offense....just like Miller, 😂😂. Jamari Wheeler is a career 4.4 ppg scorer. A few years ago he played 31 mpg and scored 3.8 mpg.

4 vs. 5 means a guy is being left wide open and his man is doubling.

Offensive liability means he is turning it over, forcing bad shots, dribbling too much, not moving the ball with passing....None of that is happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyC80

There are players on B1G Teams playing 20-25 minutes per game scoring like 4-5 points for the entire game. Which means for the 4 minute stretches that Jalen Miller is out there a guy like Eric Hunter on Purdue is adding ZERO points to their offense....just like Miller, 😂😂.

Offensive liability means he is turning it over, forcing bad shots, dribbling too much, not moving the ball with passing....None of that is happening.
I would just like to see a little offense. Any offense whatsoever probably opens up a little more space for the other players to operate in.

There are players on B1G Teams playing 20-25 minutes per game scoring like 4-5 points for the entire game. Which means for the 4 minute stretches that Jalen Miller is out there a guy like Eric Hunter on Purdue is adding ZERO points to their offense....just like Miller, 😂😂. Jamari Wheeler is a career 4.4 ppg scorer. A few years ago he played 31 mpg and scored 3.8 mpg.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying here.

Correct, the 4vs5 thing is over blown, as they weren't blatantly leaving him and doubling the ball or doubling someone, but a lot of times team would go zone knowing that they could sag way off on him and collapse the paint or run at shooters.

Jalen doesn't need to become a shooter to be an effective player, if he shoots 28-30% from three that'll be fine, but he needs to actually shoot the ball.

Ideally he develops a floater or something but we will see.

Just watching Jalen’s demeanor and movements on the court you can see he’s an athlete and a competitor. It’s apparent he’s being coached to defer to others on offense. I believe he’ll be contributing on both ends next season, with more substantial minutes off the bench.

That's what his Dad said.He agreed to do so.
I think your wording is wrong.

You said he us playing out of position? That's impossible.

He was going to redshirt and begged to play. That has been documented and is the case.

But he certainly not being played out of position

This might be one of the most non sensical posts on this board. That's a pretty high bar to reach.
Nonsensical is one word. 😁

Also, I agree that the thread is a little silly. But whatever. People get bored and wanna chat about stuff. Ain’t hurting nothing, right?

Reactions: colbert17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT