ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin deleted tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly he is stating the bolded words to be things that don't require talent. They are things everyone can do if they choose to.

The guy is a goof, but this is a non event.

It seems pretty simple..... The high lighted items do not require talent, but are desirable

I think it's a shot at Hackenburgh. Supposedly he did blame Franklin for his regression with NFL teams. Key words in there: being coachable, attitude, work ethic. Just my opinion

Strange - errant -misguided attempts at 'clever' motivational efforts - generally end up seeming like they were unprofessionally slapped together not given sufficient thought & effort ...... and they end up looking amateurish ... . but it also looks like the originator of this stuff is pressing - is soaked with flop-sweat and overly anxious ... all of this matches up with the way Franklin seem to appear more and more every day.

he blocked it because the graphic implies Penn State dosent need talent..this will appear like the crying Jordan every time State Penn posts an "L".
Penn State= No Talent required...LMAO

Last edited:
PENN STATE’S JAMES FRANKLIN BLOCKS ESPN REPORTER ON TWITTER

Posted by Kevin McGuire on Mar 31, 2016 19:20

Penn State head coach James Franklin blocked an ESPN reporter on Twitter today, seemingly because that reporter pointed out the awkwardness and mixed message a graphic shared by the Twitter-savvy coach shared on his feed.

James Franklin, as a number of college football coaches tend to do, shared a promotional graphic on his Twitter feed. These types of promotional art tend to be of the motivational type and convey the message those who choose to be a part of the specific program will develop character and achieve greatness, if they work for it. That had to be the message Franklin was hoping to spread, because the message at the top of the graphic read “No talent required.”

Uhh, no way. That could not have possibly have happened, right? Oh, it most certainly did. Franklin deleted the tweet in question, but nothing ever escapes the vacuum that is Twitter, and ESPN.com reporter Josh Moyer made sure of that.

Well, JF deleted the tweet in question – and apparently blocked me for pointing it out.

Here's the pic he tweeted: pic.twitter.com/0fDTCy9ytr

— Josh Moyer (@ESPNJoshMoyer) March 31, 2016

Yep. There it is, as plain as day. “No talent required.” Sure, the general message was actually supposed to be encouraging, suggesting that even those who lack the ability to score a scholarship can achieve greatness (as Penn State defensive lineman Carl Nassib, a former walk-on turned All-American can prove), but how a graphic like this passes enough eyeballs without raising an eyebrow remains a bit of a mystery. Consider somebody had to come up with the premise for the design, someone else may have designed it, and someone else had to give the image a final approval, we would think, before passing it on to Franklin and the coaching staff, who were then free to use the art as they see fit. This one feels like a big swing and a miss.

But the more interesting tidbit of all of this is the blocking of a reporter for pointing out the mixed message the art conveyed. Was Moyer blocked for making Franklin feel like a fool?

I am pretty sure that was the intention, but others can easy make fun of them with that ill advised graphic.
-----
Who ever put the graphic together should have indicated that, ASIDE from talent, these qualities make the difference between good and great....... Franklin must have liked it because it stresses extra effort, but yes, the graphic was done poorly.

Penn State head coach James Franklin blocked an ESPN reporter on Twitter today, seemingly because that reporter pointed out the awkwardness and mixed message a graphic shared by the Twitter-savvy coach shared on his feed.

James Franklin, as a number of college football coaches tend to do, shared a promotional graphic on his Twitter feed. These types of promotional art tend to be of the motivational type and convey the message those who choose to be a part of the specific program will develop character and achieve greatness, if they work for it. That had to be the message Franklin was hoping to spread, because the message at the top of the graphic read “No talent required.”

Uhh, no way. That could not have possibly have happened, right? Oh, it most certainly did. Franklin deleted the tweet in question, but nothing ever escapes the vacuum that is Twitter, and ESPN.com reporter Josh Moyer made sure of that.

Well, JF deleted the tweet in question – and apparently blocked me for pointing it out.

Yep. There it is, as plain as day. “No talent required.” Sure, the general message was actually supposed to be encouraging, suggesting that even those who lack the ability to score a scholarship can achieve greatness (as Penn State defensive lineman Carl Nassib, a former walk-on turned All-American can prove), but how a graphic like this passes enough eyeballs without raising an eyebrow remains a bit of a mystery. Consider somebody had to come up with the premise for the design, someone else may have designed it, and someone else had to give the image a final approval, we would think, before passing it on to Franklin and the coaching staff, who were then free to use the art as they see fit. This one feels like a big swing and a miss.

But the more interesting tidbit of all of this is the blocking of a reporter for pointing out the mixed message the art conveyed. Was Moyer blocked for making Franklin feel like a fool?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Franklin crumbling under the pressure .... making simplistic & juvenile "unforced errors"

Giving up 10 sacks to Temple "Not Talent Required." This tweet is 1 year too late. But year. This should be fun for when they lose games. I'm sure a lot of people will get creative with it. Maybe even change the highlighted words.

Speaking of PSU, my nephew who goes to PSU but also was the QB for South Brunswick for a few years and played with TJ Taylor among others sent me a video of Barkley breaking the school record for the power clean at 390 pounds. Thats pretty impressive stuff right there.

Wow, That's incredible. I would be surprised if our backs can power clean 350.

There's a lot of reasons to scratch ur head about Franklin, but this isn't one of them. it's obvious that the tweet was meant to be a motivation "Hard Work required" kind of thing but was just poorly worded. Just look at his recruiting classes and obviously talent is required

I'm expecting a big improvement in whatever our backs do this year in the weight room vs last year. If all of them could PC 300, I'd take that and build from there.

Very impressive by Barkley

Yea, I know the guy burned you guys and all that but players like Barkley are just fun for college football. He apparently ran a 4.38 40 in spring drills as well which was the fastest on the team. Hopefully our line can actually start blocking somebody and we can see what Barkley can really do as the established starter

..wouldn't it be even better if the thread could read :

James Franklin deleted .............. tweet... tweet... tweet... tweet

free-tweeting-twitter-bird-icon.gif

That graphic was just one page of a powerpoint presentation. It makes a little bit more sense when it's viewed in the context of the entire presentation. Still pretty awkward.

Michigan really dominated PSU last yr, in their own house, when you consider how many times we were flagged. I believe the line was 13 for 110 yrds or something silly like that. After that, Harbaugh wasn't finished yet, and continued to smack Franklin around like the bitch he is. He didn't take his lunch money; instead he took his recruits.

So what does Franklin do? He thinks it is smart to run some implied smack towards Jim this off season. I think he got the Wolverines mixed up with the Buckeyes and MSU. Those teams both lost a ton of players. Michigan didn't.

As the game is in September this year, and at the Big House no less, I fully expect Coach Harbaugh to run it up vs the Nitts. Perhaps then Franklin will finally learn to keep his yap shut, as I am sure this one wasn't enough. Dude carries on like he is in the rock star world, and yet he is living off the dollar menu at Mickie Ds.

I am hoping you guys & Pitt get in on the humbling of PSU this season. Sept cant get here fast enough.

Reactions: redking
Franklin actually started blocking many members of the local media from his twitter account after this started blowing up, and some local writers had fun with it. One central PA guy named Ben Jones said something along the lines "if only PSU's offensive line could block defenders the way Franklin blocks the media from twitter, the team would have a chance to be good".

BTW, I guess that PSU needs a new saying. "Unrivaled" doesn't seem to mean much anymore when their DC and OL coaches left in parallel moves.
And we know that "Success with Honor" was a joke. How about "Failure with Pedophelia" as a replacement?

BTW, I guess that PSU needs a new saying. "Unrivaled" doesn't seem to mean much anymore when their DC and OL coaches left in parallel moves.
And we know that "Success with Honor" was a joke. How about "Failure with Pedophelia" as a replacement?

So I understand the whole getting side jabs in and all that and that's cool. It's all fun but with all due respect, you do realize that you cheer for Rutgers right? Like the same Rutgers that's responsible for Mike Rice, your secondary last year, Kyle Flood interrogating teachers, etc.

Add in the fact that you guys went a combined 2-24 in conference games this year in the two money sports (Football, MBB) I'd say Rutgers has absolutely zero room to talk.

Now if you're just going to go on the same old Joe knew/Sandusky rant please save it. I've read the same posters yell about it more times than I can count and there's zero reason to go down that road. But if you want to talk about our two teams moving forward I'd love that.

I'd like to know more about who you guys have that's gonna replace Carroo and Lumpkin. What kinda team will you all have next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT