ADVERTISEMENT

James Kratch says Art likely starts

The issue with him in high school was he played at Old Bridge. Their offense is not suited to what he could do. They did not have the kids to run a spread passing offense. I thought he played well down in Florida but had to split time on an elite level team.

He has all the tools to be an elite QB. Our issue last year was inexperience at QB and inexperience at WR. No one could make a big play because they were all still learning everything.

I think this year is going to be a big tell on how they all develop.
I agree, in general with what you're saying. Sitkowski has potential to be very good.

I think the problems last season, in addition to what you mentioned (underlined above) include that the O line was non-functional against good competition and very inconsistent even against bad competition. Combine a porous O line with WRs that struggled to get separation and it's a going to be a rough day for any QB, no matter how good.

I don't really know what to expect from the O line this season. I have low expectations for our WRs because, from what I've seen around the NCAA, truly great WRs are usually pretty good right from the start and just get better over time. I didn't see much "pretty good" from our WRs last season. Maybe it was coaching?

I agree, in general with what you're saying. Sitkowski has potential to be very good.

I think the problems last season, in addition to what you mentioned (underlined above) include that the O line was non-functional against good competition and very inconsistent even against bad competition. Combine a porous O line with WRs that struggled to get separation and it's a going to be a rough day for any QB, no matter how good.

I don't really know what to expect from the O line this season. I have low expectations for our WRs because, from what I've seen around the NCAA, truly great WRs are usually pretty good right from the start and just get better over time. I didn't see much "pretty good" from our WRs last season. Maybe it was coaching?
This is pure BS. Art cant see the field. It's not line play or receivers. He would struggle on any team . If you cant see the field you cant succeed.

Reactions: hiwater and Scangg
I mean, he did take OB to a state championship as a sophomore while running an spread option.

I think everyone needs to spend time watching the WRs and O-line as well. This unit was awful as a whole. My friend and I spent the entire Northwestern game watching a WR on each side. We couldn't find one play where a non-slot WR had any separation.

And how many times were those WRs put in motion?
Or in a bunch formation out wide?

There are ways to scheme separation.
McN needs to coach much better and game plan to put the players in better situations.

Or look at 2017 where Kill's idea of passing was "everyone run straight down the field 7 yards and turn around..

If Carter is better,play him and start looking for next years 5th year senior. Wildcat anyone?

The Rutgers OL was top 30 in sack rate last year. Also top 25 on running on 3rd and 4th downs with 1 or 2 yards to go. The stats do not support this narrative that they were awful last year. The OL was far from the worst performing aspect of the team.

I don't understand the support for a conclusion that Sitkowski "has the potential to be very good." At best, he is unknown, but the last time this potential was flashed in a game was 2016 when he was 16 years old. That is a long time ago now.

He may or may not actually have the potential to be very good. Many highly rated qbs don't pan out. The good teams/programs move on and don't keep forcing a guy to be what they hoped rather than what he actually is.

Reactions: hiwater
Art was never good. His stats at Old Bridge were bad. Same with IMG until he got benched. He's a big kid with a big arm who is a bad QB. He was a highly rated prospect based on his NFL size and arm not his on field production

And how many times were those WRs put in motion?
Or in a bunch formation out wide?

There are ways to scheme separation.
McN needs to coach much better and game plan to put the players in better situations.

Or look at 2017 where Kill's idea of passing was "everyone run straight down the field 7 yards and turn around..
You make some good points. Especially with Kill's or his predecessors prior year O.

The poster that you responded to should watch other teams WRs. He would see that in most case they don't get the separation that he seems to believe that OUR receivers should get.

Receivers are open on every play. One DB can not surround the receiver so there is a window on most plays. The difference is that our QB's have not been able to lead a receiver if a defender is trailing or he has not been able to put the ball to the side of the receiver that the DB is not at.

Even other average QB's from other teams seem to be able to do that much better than ours with regards to hitting a window on the receiver instead of throwing to an area around the receiver. Sit can put the ball on the receivers hands, but he stares down the receiver so badly that they are usually surrounded when he throws to them. If he could only look off he would have windows with other receivers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT