ADVERTISEMENT

James Kratch says Art likely starts

maybe Ash,Hobbs and Art will all go down together on the good ship SS.Asherror.
Funny thing is Art will still have his Scholie and Hobbs and Ash will be looking for new jobs.
Hobbs can raise all the money in world for infrastructure,BUT he has NEVER run a power five football program,or any football program and he appears beyond clueless as to what the plan is to fix this mess.Maybe time for Hobbs to go also.
New RU president.
New B10 Commish
Hobbs is running out of time to fix this disaster before change happens with new people in charge.

So.. I am thinking ANY sign of progress might be good enough to keep him and get closer to the full Big Ten payouts before making a move.
Any incremental increase in the Big Ten payout will do nothing to help spending. More Big Ten money = less school subsidy.
Full share is not until 2027.

Reactions: RUScrew85
I don’t want this to feel like I am bashing AS. In all accounts I’ve read, AS is a good kid. It’s just that I haven’t seen anything to prove he is a good QB. I can’t even name one play last year where I said, you know, this kid has it. Size and build yes. Between the ears, no. Prove me wrong Artur!

Please,ARTUR.

IF both guys are even....I don't get why you wouldn't start Carter. If he plays well Art gets another year (heck, he can even play in 4 games, right? or only a 1st year thing?).
If Carter struggles you can bring in Art.

Just pure logic suggests start Carter and save a year for Art if you can, no?

-----
I am hoping it is Carter but what I think will happen

Art starts.... if we do not play well and the game is uncomfortably close, Art plays the entire game. Coach, in his mind, stays with his belief that Art will get us the win.

If we go up 4 tds with time left, Carter comes in
"WHEN IT'S MOP UP TIME IN TEXAS,AND THE BLOOM IS ON THE SAGE" No scenario from me. Will wait fot midweek to hear what decision ASH has made.

IF both guys are even....I don't get why you wouldn't start Carter. If he plays well Art gets another year (heck, he can even play in 4 games, right? or only a 1st year thing?).

YES.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
well.. my thought process there is about finances. If they did not replace Ash last year with all the logic that could be mustered to justify that.. what makes this year that much different? A couple million less in buy-out? Did they really not think they would lose so much in season tickets and donations and so on? They could see that coming last year and they still kept him. And this year being the 150th? A new coach and new hope might have done wonders.. and still they did not do it.

So.. I am thinking ANY sign of progress might be good enough to keep him and get closer to the full Big Ten payouts before making a move.
IF,this is their thought process,the I feel real sorry for me.Every one else can do their own feel sorry stuff.

Look guys ...we should be able to beat umass by 14-21 points by running the ball down their throats and only needing to pass 15-20 times

And we could hang with Iowa some of the defense plays hard and slows down their running attack...but there is a 5% chance of winning that game and it would likely be Because we were +3 or +4 on turnovers thar day

Then there is a week off before BC.

The real question is ...who is going to be The QB in 5 weeks, not 2, when we are 1-1, and have BC, Maryland, at Indiana, Minnesota, liberty and at Illinois as 6 of the next 7 games that determined our season before the schedule turns to three likely end of the season losses

I’m considering the first two weeks as the chance to win the job for the rest of the year ....

Let it play out

Look guys ...we should be able to beat umass by 14-21 points by running the ball down their throats and only needing to pass 15-20 times

And we could hang with Iowa some of the defense plays hard and slows down their running attack...but there is a 5% chance of winning that game and it would likely be Because we were +3 or +4 on turnovers thar day

The real question is ...who is going to be The QB in 5 weeks, not 2, when we are 1-1, and have BC, Maryland, at Indiana, Minnesota, liberty and at Illinois as 6 of the next 7 games that determined our season before the schedule turns to three likely end of the season losses

I’m considering the first two weeks as the chance to win the job for the rest of the year ....

Let it play out

understand...but we need the QBs to attempt passes and not have a hand off competition....

Typical nj.com click bait article, to try to get people to click on a controversial article, Kratch has no clue who will start at QB, it is all about the clicks. B.S. articles like this are one of the reasons that reporters have to leave after warm ups.

Amazing how posters can make a claim of what they have seen in AS without seeing him this year. What he is not allowed to improve from one year to the next?...

I'll try to answer this for you: It's that he was so bad last year, historically bad, a deep hole to dig out from, coupled with his most recent live not-so-good performance, all of two weeks ago. Add onto to this a questionable offensive line that lost its' best player. Forget the star rankings. It's who has produced recently? Carter, albeit at a simple scrimmage and a snapshot of playing on a different team (Texas Tech), has the far greater production, and he is supposed to be more mobile. Not even to mention HS careers where Art got benched and Carter won a division IV state championship in Texas. Given all this, people are a bit jaded about Art. Sure he has the physical tools, and can 'throw it over the pond' (paraphrasing McNulty), he wasn't a 4 star recruit for nothing, but he was throwing it over the water last year to the other team. There's a reason he is ranked dead last in college QBs.

I hope Art proves us all wrong, he's a decent guy, thrown to the wolves last year, way too early, but he sure seems like the type of player who needs to sit for a year or two. How often have we seen physically talented QBs rushed onto the field too early? The NFL is a graveyard of them. Times may be different now days, with these guys being ready to play earlier, and by all accounts Art has worked hard all offseason to improve. I hope so, for us and for them.

Finally, over the years, the RU football staff has not proved good evaluators of QB talent, though I realize it's a team sport and we have some different coaches now.

We'll see. I think both will play, and I hope both have a high degree of success.

Well if he wants fans in the seats and his program to be successful you're wrong.
How do you come to the conclusion that AS does not want to win and be successful?
As a 30+ year season ticket holder and honor roll donor, I think they all need to prove something to me this year. If not, it’s good bye to both.
As a 30+ year season ticket holder and honor roll donor, I think they all need to prove something to me this year. If not, it’s good bye to both.
Well if he wants fans in the seats and his program to be successful you're wrong.
Are you really suggesting AS doesn't want to win and be successful? Think before you post!

That only works if the expectation is at least a bow game - at minimum 6 wins.

Playing Carter for 3-4 wins no sense.
Then in 2020 you are back to an expected 3 wins with an underdeveloped AS.

If they are equal, you play AS because then 2020 could be a true breakout season.

(Note - this is all conjecture anyway because Ash is most likely fired after this year and expectations reset for 2020).

All.you need to know about Sitowski is from his stats against Maryland: 2-16 with 4 picks.

Reactions: BlockR

If they are equal, you play AS because then 2020 could be a true breakout season.

(Note - this is all conjecture anyway because Ash is most likely fired after this year and expectations reset for 2020).

With a solid D, and Running game..all I want is a QB who can makes enough throws and stops turning the ball over and keeping drives alive. My expectation is we BETTER be expecting 4 wins and hoping for 2 more. At a minimum something that keeps me in my seats past halftime and actually interested in going to games again. (boy has things gotten bad)...

Rutgers (and ASH!) HAS to play for this year or all tickets (outside the 20's) will be general admission for $10 next year and he indeed will be gone.

we'll see. right now I have 4 tix to UMASS (already traded 2 for Liberty) and going alone.

Are we really going to eat Ash's contract if he wins 4 games? 5 games? We make many penny wise, pound foolish decisions at RU.

Is Ash playing for 2020?

How do you come to the conclusion that AS does not want to win and be successful?

Are you really suggesting AS doesn't want to win and be successful? Think before you post!
Of course he does. No one questioned that. However based on what we have seen, does he give us the best chance to win? If you were Ash and your career was on the line, do you play AS? Based on prior years, I still don’t trust this coaching staff (except Nunz) to make the right decisions.

That's why you are supposed to actually read the linked article. :-P

You're right, but the thread title should still be accurate. Otherwise, the post is just obnoxious clickbait. The OP is usually *much* better than this, as fervently as I often disagree with him. All he had to do is add two words: "against Mass." or at the very least give an explanatory comment in his post in addition to the link.

Are you Art's Mom or Dad?? Because you keep pushing this nonsense. You play the better QB period. You worry about next year after December. If Art can't develop with a whole year as backup than he isn't good enough for D1 football. Based off of last year that is already a fact.

I can. He had a throw, through traffic in a tiny window, for a TD in the back of the endzone. Can not remember what game.
I don’t know if game you are referring to, but there was a game where just before the half Art ran a masterful drive culminating in a touchdown in left corner of end zone. It was a more hurry up and quick drop offense. Art looked comfortable in it - he did not have time to overthink. McNulty abandoned it in second half and Art struggled again as he overthought offense.

Let it play out
Sounds like the OL is struggling again. UMass may be a close game.

All the tools? What kind of bs jargon is that? You can watch him play in any game and know immediately that has simply doesn't have what it takes to be successful at this level. Dazed and Confused sorta sums up. No. He will not save Ash's ass this year. But sadly, Ash is as stubborn as any coach I've ever seen. I can easily see him repeating what he did last year. He will name him to start, and stick with him. Art deserves better, and needs to transfer out of P5. It is cruel of Ash to play him if we have any reasonable alternative.

So what does it mean to you that both QBs are splitting the reps 50/50?

It means the coaches believe Carter has played better up until this time. Quite clearly what it means. Quite simple.

Amazing how posters can make a claim of what they have seen in AS without seeing him this year. What he is not allowed to improve from one year to the next?

Even the best reporters have stated that they have had limited views to open practices

Fair points, but improvement also doesn't happen like an 80's movie montage and I think people are doubting that the improvement will be significant enough to make a noticeable positive impact on the field this year,

Joe P.

Last edited:

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Hey to be fair..since i don't know the future...but if Ash got Carter and he gets a fair shake, wins the job, plays well....then he deserves plenty if credit too.

As I said...we'll see.

Reactions: Steve91562
It appears that you are simply making things up to support your position. Your are entitled to your opinion but not to your unsubstantiated facts.
I'm going to side with @RUScrew85 . I think you may take another read of his posts. If you think he is talking about Sit you better just stay off the board.

Are you Art's Mom or Dad?? Because you keep pushing this nonsense. You play the better QB period. You worry about next year after December. If Art can't develop with a whole year as backup than he isn't good enough for D1 football. Based off of last year that is already a fact.

---
agreed
you play for wins this year, period....end of story

Reactions: BlockR
I can only remember the TD to Blackshear in the first game. And that was nothing special. The rest of the season all I remember is him throwing to the other team.

I trust your expertise so do you really see anything in AS that indicates he will even be serviceable. I’m not a fan of kids that were not productive in high school.

The issue with him in high school was he played at Old Bridge. Their offense is not suited to what he could do. They did not have the kids to run a spread passing offense. I thought he played well down in Florida but had to split time on an elite level team.

He has all the tools to be an elite QB. Our issue last year was inexperience at QB and inexperience at WR. No one could make a big play because they were all still learning everything.

I think this year is going to be a big tell on how they all develop.

Reactions: Section124
I'm going to side with @RUScrew85 . I think you may take another read of his posts. If you think he is talking about Sit you better just stay off the board.
If you read his reply to my post, he certainly was referencing AS. Stop with this false narrative and be responsible with what you post.

If you read his reply to my post, he certainly was referencing AS. Stop with this false narrative and be responsible with what you post.
OMG :Shocked
I'm defending RUScrew [roll]
( my take)
If you read his reply :
"Well if he wants fans in the seats and his program to be successful you're wrong."
it wasn't about referring Sit succeeding as a player for teammates and coaches as much as
the need for Sit to succeed in the eyes of RU FB fans to make RU fill the stands.

OMG :Shocked
I'm defending RUScrew [roll]
( my take)
If you read his reply :
"Well if he wants fans in the seats and his program to be successful you're wrong."
it wasn't about referring Sit succeeding as a player for teammates and coaches as much as
the need for Sit to succeed in the eyes of RU FB fans to make RU fill the stands.
Dude has issues! So out of touch with reality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT