ADVERTISEMENT

James Kratch says Art likely starts

All.you need to know about Sitowski is from his stats against Maryland: 2-16 with 4 picks.

Artur Had zero help that game from his supporting cast. Our ol was garbage and our WRs were garbage. I was there.

If you do t want to bash him try saying this. Art had a tough year but has all the tools and obviously the most upside of any QB since Nova. When he had time to throw last year he made some passes I have not seen since Nova. He has a lot of work to do but he can get it done just like Teel did after struggling his RS freshman year. Prove me right Arthur!

I’m all in behind whoever wins the job at every position.
Nova!!! If that's our gold standard we are in worse trouble than I thought.

Reactions: RUaMoose
It appears that you are simply making things up to support your position. Your are entitled to your opinion but not to your unsubstantiated facts.
Did you learn that non sequitur on the internet?

Reality:
t3ZpD.gif

OMG :Shocked
I'm defending RUScrew [roll]
( my take)
If you read his reply :
"Well if he wants fans in the seats and his program to be successful you're wrong."
it wasn't about referring Sit succeeding as a player for teammates and coaches as much as
the need for Sit to succeed in the eyes of RU FB fans to make RU fill the stands.
Hey!

I thought we were getting along the last couple of years lol.:Heart

But yeah. That was my point.

Artur Had zero help that game from his supporting cast. Our ol was garbage and our WRs were garbage. I was there.
Please don't call our student athletes "garbage," it is about as classless as you can get, just awful. These are young men who are putting their health on the line 12 Saturdays in the fall for your entertainment and you have the gall to call them "garbage." Who the hell are you to judge anyone? Grow up and get a life!!

Reactions: hiwater
The issue with him in high school was he played at Old Bridge. Their offense is not suited to what he could do. They did not have the kids to run a spread passing offense. I thought he played well down in Florida but had to split time on an elite level team.

He has all the tools to be an elite QB. Our issue last year was inexperience at QB and inexperience at WR. No one could make a big play because they were all still learning everything.

I think this year is going to be a big tell on how they all develop.

He didn't play well at IMG. OMG, please make it stop. All these excuses for Sitkowski.

Please don't call our student athletes "garbage," it is about as classless as you can get, just awful. These are young men who are putting their health on the line 12 Saturdays in the fall for your entertainment and you have the gall to call them "garbage." Who the hell are you to judge anyone? Grow up and get a life!!

Our student athletes are not garbage but their performance was garbage. Hope that clears things up.

Maybe Art has a really bad ragweed allergy. Explains how he looks good early in camp but when it really kicks in around September maybe he's sneezing all the time and his eyes are watery and itchy and he can't see his targets as well. He got better last year later in the season when pollen counts came down.

All.you need to know about Sitowski is from his stats against Maryland: 2-16 with 4 picks.

If anyone had the 'pleasure' of witnessing that in person, let me just say it was akin to watching....well, hard to compare to most anything but a multi-car wreck on the highway. I'm hoping that was the bottom and he only goes up from there. We'll see.

Reactions: Steve91562
Just guessing but I suspect his worst was better than you’re best.
Of course these kids are a hundred times better players then we fans are. But that is not the point.

Good Gary/Bad Gary was a real thing. Overall Gary? As a senior he was decent. 1,000,000 times a better football player then myself, but as a D-1 college QB? Decent.

I don’t know if game you are referring to, but there was a game where just before the half Art ran a masterful drive culminating in a touchdown in left corner of end zone. It was a more hurry up and quick drop offense. Art looked comfortable in it - he did not have time to overthink. McNulty abandoned it in second half and Art struggled again as he overthought offense.

Had a string of consecutive completions too. 9 or so?

Carter needs to play. They should be able to design rollouts and use some run-pass option stuff with him. If Art was on Ohio State right now he might put up decent numbers...being able to sit back there all day to throw to open 5 star receivers.

I root for Art but I can't figure out why the guy who threw bomb after bomb to Bo Melton that Spring Scrimmage not only can't complete long passes but seems almost afraid to let it fly. Based on game tape and the scrimmage Carter may not have Art's arm talent but he seems to have a good feel for the deep ball. Kind of reminds me of Chad Pennington. Didn't have a cannon but consistently was at or near the top of the NFL on long balls.
If McNulty's offense is run heavy and take deep shots, Carter may be the better fit.
I hope someone grabs the job and its not a case of one is less bad than the other.

I root for Art but I can't figure out why the guy who threw bomb after bomb to Bo Melton that Spring Scrimmage not only can't complete long passes but seems almost afraid to let it fly. Based on game tape and the scrimmage Carter may not have Art's arm talent but he seems to have a good feel for the deep ball. Kind of reminds me of Chad Pennington. Didn't have a cannon but consistently was at or near the top of the NFL on long balls.
If McNulty's offense is run heavy and take deep shots, Carter may be the better fit.
I hope someone grabs the job and its not a case of one is less bad than the other.

From one I’ve seen, it’s definitely going to be the case of one less bad than the other, but either should give us a punchers chance against non elite competition.

Had a string of consecutive completions too. 9 or so?
I think so, but admittedly cannot fully recall. Art showed talent, but also showed me he was pressing and overthinking matters. This is where I thought McNulty shouldered some blame as he needed to simplify more for Art. In addition, I keep harping on the receivers, who did not step up. I don't think we won any 50/50 balls all season.

I can. He had a throw, through traffic in a tiny window, for a TD in the back of the endzone. Can not remember what game.

There was a nice throw to Washington in the first game for a TD that was called back. After that I can’t think of any other impressive throw. Everything else was dink and dunk or interceptions.

Ash is picking his hill to die on, and it's on top of a QB who never lit up anything in HS, but somehow is worth trotting out there every game in a Power 5 Conference, despite having one of the worst statistical seasons possible for a QB.

I mean, he did take OB to a state championship as a sophomore while running an spread option.

I think everyone needs to spend time watching the WRs and O-line as well. This unit was awful as a whole. My friend and I spent the entire Northwestern game watching a WR on each side. We couldn't find one play where a non-slot WR had any separation.

I dont care if this sound harsh. ART would not be a good D3 qb let alone D1. If you cant see the field arm strength, character, nice kid, hard worker etc is all irrelevant. I was at the open practice. He simply locks in on one reciever or one side of the field. It is impossible to succeed if you cant sit back in the pocket and see the whole field. It is why he constantly has to check down and cant make plays.

If cratch is looking for rhymes I.E, Art and Start. He has to look no farther than Carter and Starter .

That was me rhymmin' not Kratch, lol. But he's welcome to borrow it, I'm not trademarking it like Ohio St is doing w the word 'The', lol.

Reactions: beaced
Kratch is using false logic.
He thinks that Art must falter to allow someone else to take the starting role.
Problem is that Art never really solidified his position as starter.
Just the opposite, really.
He is currently the No. 1 QB out of courtesy, since he is the lone returning QB from last year.
Carter should start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT