ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Moorhead moves to #1 on the hotseat; Lovie Smith moves to #15

I told you dopey Moorhead's seat was red hot almost a month ago as I posted on many threads! Was laughed at and chided by dozens of his fan boys on this board, oh well...no chance he's a candidate at RU and I don't believe he really ever was! Lousy head coach! That said, he could finally get a win vs. Arkansas this week as they are just as bad of a train wreck as Miss St. right now.

Last edited:
I told you dopey Moorhead's seat was red hot almost a month ago as I posted on many threads! Was laughed at and chided by dozens of his fan boys on this board, oh well...no chance he's a candidate at RU and I don't believe he really ever was!
I don't think Moorhead wold be a good choice either.

Reactions: shields and SCILS02
I think I'd prefer Leach. I've been wanting Moorhead, but... Now I'm not so sure.

I am also not sure I want Moorhead. Really not sold on him. Easy to have an amazing college offense with Saquon Barkley. How is he recruiting down there?

would be foolish to hire him in our division.

if he cant win games in the sec west hes not winning games in the big ten east.

i think miss st gives him 1 more season anyway.

He fits the B1G Not a coaching fit for the SEC

Reactions: tuffer76
I was sniffing the Hugh Freeze ether until late Sat pm when we dropped 44 on his defense.

He will get a P5 HC job very soon but should not be short listed at RU imo.

Right now it appears to be Greg vs the Field for our next HC.

Who knows who might be available after the 11/30 games? I’d like to see Hobbs play his cards close and look for that late season draw card. If a Les Miles type candidate becomes available then I’m all in.

How in the world are some of these names determined? Kirby Smart being listed is laughable.

It isn't just the Kirby Smart is listed, but he's listed before Justin Fuente and Matt Luke. While I don't think either of the three will get fired this year, Fuente is 5-2 with 2 wins against FCS opponents (Furman and Rhose Island), 1-7 Old Dominion, 4-4 Miami and 4-4 North Carolina with two ranked teams in the next two weeks (at Notre Dame, vs Wake). VT hasn't defeated a winning team this year and four of their last five games are against teams that currently have a winning record. A 6-6 finish is possible.

Moorhead might be doomed in crazy SEC land.

But I think that boosters and Rutgers has cooled on him, unless Schiano really doesn't want to come back and we can get him for cheap after he gets fired.

Many takeaways

1. The guy people actually wanted here is on the hot seat?
2. There will be many job openings AND we aren’t going to be at the top of the attractive destinations list.

Reactions: ScarletNYC
the NFL has no patience and fires coaches in 2 years now. It seems that college is moving to a similar direction.

Difference is for college it takes 4-5 years to changeover a roster where the NFL can do it in 2 years.

If you're looking for someone to turn it around, look for someone who has done it and might be interested. Schianno is obvious. Next in line should be Al Golden. Lots of "U" folks down here in Fla are saying, "..you know, he wasn't so bad"

If you're looking for someone to turn it around, look for someone who has done it and might be interested. Schianno is obvious. Next in line should be Al Golden. Lots of "U" folks down here in Fla are saying, "..you know, he wasn't so bad"

He got them past the sanctions was winning had a one year dip and got booted.

I know we sound provincial when we talk about needing a "Jersey Guy". No sure Finebaum and his listeners realize it when they talk about Moorhead not being a "fit" in Starkville.

Saturdays Down South
Paul Finebaum questions Joe Moorhead's fit at Mississippi State, jokes Rutgers may not want him anymore
The fit argument is so pathetic and asinine. I'm sick of all these Ped St. and RU zombies defending lousy Moorhead. Have you watched this Moorhead this year? Fit has nothing to do with having an undisciplined team with zero offense. He's been an absolute DISASTER. Nice little coordinator NOT a head coach. There is a huge difference! Remember Ash as a co-coordinator vs. head coach???? On top of his awful coaching he has a dull personality! If you're a good head coach you can coach in any conference!

Last edited:
GS can hire him as OC.
Greg willpositively allow whomever he brings in as OC ,DC to independently do their jobs. He MUST do this or else we will be back to square one where he is trying to do it all. Didn't work last time and wont work this time.SO,HIRE Greg ASAP. PUT AN ELECTRONIC COLOR ON HIM AND GIVE THE REMOTE CONTROL TO..............FILL IN THE NAME OF SOMEONE YOU TRUST TO USE IT WISELY.[cheers]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT