ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Susan Steps Down as Bucknell Head Coach

Joe Vasile @JoeVasilePBP

There’s very, very, very, very little chance it happens, BUT...Greg Schiano is a Bucknell graduate.

He’s not at that point but I’d think coaching your alma mater in a low stress job would be a cool swan song.

It Greg goes to Bucknell as HC he will literally strip mine NJ of our future recruits. Let’s just hope it doesnt happen.

Bucknell gave him 8 seasons.

It would only be fair for us to give Ash 8 years too to see where things go.

Reactions: beaced
Susan coaching the Oline here would be a solid move.
Then again hes not a "friend of Chris" traveling mid west coaches club.

Reactions: tico brown
?
Neither is John McNulty, Nunzio Campanile, Lester Erb, or Henry Baker.
What's your point?
point is obvious ,since its hard for you and the 2 total Ashfanboys to follow, Ill break it down in simple terms,
Ash is more concerned with hiring someone he once coached with or is connected to someone he once coached with,then hiring the best candidate.He formed the first staff with that mindset and never changed to fit the Rutgers demographics in recruiting ,staff wise.
The results are what you have now,possibly the worst power 5 program in football.
Only exception has been McNulty and Camp ,and now Baker has come back...

point is obvious ,since its hard for you and the 2 total Ashfanboys to follow, Ill break it down in simple terms,
Ash is more concerned with hiring someone he once coached with or is connected to someone he once coached with,then hiring the best candidate.He formed the first staff with that mindset and never changed to fit the Rutgers demographics in recruiting ,staff wise.
The results are what you have now,possibly the worst power 5 program in football.
Only exception has been McNulty and Camp ,and now Baker has come back...
Jerry Kill, Aaron Henry. . . . . I don't have time to look up the others. If you are going to whine and complain, at least be right about what you are whining about.

Jerry Kill, Aaron Henry. . . . . I don't have time to look up the others. If you are going to whine and complain, at least be right about what you are whining about.
the majority of coaches are OSU connections,wisconsin..Iowa State or Wisky
stop cherry picking.

the majority of coaches are OSU connections,wisconsin..Iowa State or Wisky
stop cherry picking.
Every single coach in the country leans towards guys they have worked with or guys who have worked with guys they’ve worked with. This isn’t an Ash thing it’s a hiring thing.
If you started a company would you hire all strangers or lean on people you know and trust?

Reactions: MADHAT1 and TRU2RU
Every single coach in the country leans towards guys they have worked with or guys who have worked with guys they’ve worked with. This isn’t an Ash thing it’s a hiring thing.
If you started a company would you hire all strangers or lean on people you know and trust?
I wouldnt hire them based upon my personal relationship. I would hire them based upon ability,how they relate to "market "Im trying to be successful in.
I get the trust thing,but not if they dont 'fit' or haven't produced prior at same level at that job level.

I wouldnt hire them based upon my personal relationship. I would hire them based upon ability,how they relate to "market "Im trying to be successful in.
I get the trust thing,but not if they dont 'fit' or haven't produced prior at same level at that job level.
The market is the B1G. Most of his coaches have extensive B1G connections. He also has coaches with NJ connections. He should have had NJ-connected coaches in the beginning, which was a bad move on his part. Do you believe I just wrote that?

Reactions: vkj91
I am not a Ash fan, but it really doesn't matter what he does, they will some that will declare it the worst thing ever!

Hires an OC to run the Spread: The Spread will Never work at Rutgers! NEVER! That coach is far too young! See I told you so!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Hires an OC to run the pound and ground: Rutgers should be running the Spread! Not this old crap! That coach is far too old! See I told you so!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Hire an OC that was the OC at Rutgers peak: Rutgers can't run the Pro-Set anymore! This isn't the NFL! See I told you so!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Reactions: tico brown
I am not a Ash fan, but it really doesn't matter what he does, they will some that will declare it the worst thing ever!

Hires an OC to run the Spread: The Spread will Never work at Rutgers! NEVER! That coach is far too young! See I told you so!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Hires an OC to run the pound and ground: Rutgers should be running the Spread! Not this old crap! That coach is far too old! See I told you so!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Hire an OC that was the OC at Rutgers peak: Rutgers can't run the Pro-Set anymore! This isn't the NFL! See I told you so!!! HAHAHAHAHA
You sound alike an Ash Fan. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I bet you have the plant on your right in your yard. The other guy has the SHAMEl Ash.
ash-trees-good-discussion-on-the-difference-between-fan-and-tex-tree-roots.jpg

Another member of that crowded South River High School football hall of fame.

Reactions: G- RUnit
Majority is greater than 50%. That's just not true. Show your work in detail. I'll send you some cheese to go with that whine.
but but the Chris Ash Error is working out so well..
You defended Flood at the disastrous end of his chaos..
Now the same with Asherror.
Good thing you are not involved with determining Coach talent!!
You are not Pat Hobbs posting here..are you?

but but the Chris Ash Error is working out so well..
You defended Flood at the disastrous end of his chaos..
Now the same with Asherror.
Good thing you are not involved with determining Coach talent!!
You are not Pat Hobbs posting here..are you?
Keep moving the goal posts, pal. You can't seem to distinguish supporting the program from defending the head coach. Nobody is defending Ash. Thought this was a "discussion" about where the coaches are from, not the overall merits of Ash's coaching, which most everyone here agrees has been very bad.

Turning to Flood. Guy was given a crap salary and a crappier budget for assistants, and he got nothing in the way of upgraded facilities. He had a circus sides show for a boss who tried to fire him and failed. He felt compelled to cut corners and skirt rules. Not what I would have done, but it is no wonder he did not succeed. But he was still better than Ash, and the Falcons and perhaps Alabama think well enough to hire him.

There is talent, lesser talent and low talent. A low talent coach could succeed if given facilities, support and a budget to hire competent assistants. Look what happened with Flood had Fridge here for a year. You see, things are not as simple as you make them out to be. But on that point, Ash has been pretty much given everything he has asked for, and the results are bad. There is no defending him. But he is the head coach for now, and I support the program.

Always liked Joe Susan. And I believe he was somehow related to my HS coach at St.Peter' s New Brunswick, Ed Susan. Because of age difference either son or nephew

Joe Susan had a long career and was a credit to Rutgers University while he was a Scarlet Knight assistant , I wish him all the success in the world in his new position at Bucknell
Joe Susan is a class act, and he did a great job when he was here.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Joe is a nice guy. When I coached at Edison High School he was in our coaches office several times to recruit a few of our players. He was always a very pleasant man to talk to.

Reactions: TRU2RU
As a master interviewee, Ash would be a harsh evaluator of one's skills in this area.

Perhaps he only hires people whom he has interviewed before, gave an interview on a par with his acumen or displayed the raw interviewing talent that he could develop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT