ADVERTISEMENT

Joel Klatt called out Clay Travis on his show today about RU

G-Bake

Freshman
Dec 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Had a nice shout out from Joel Klatt on Travis's radio show this morning. You can get a replay if you have apple podcasts (or another podcast service I'm guessing) and look up his show Outkick the Coverage and get hour 3 and skip to the 29:30 mark.

Gist of the conversation: Was talking about playoff scenarios and how A&M could get in assuming they win this weekend against Tennesee. Klatt laughed when Tennessee was mentioned and goes "I know Pruitt's your guy... hey by the way did Rutgers win this weekend?" Clay said he didn't check and Klatt goes "They did! Did you know that guy [Schiano] is 0.500 in his career at RUTGERS!? They couldn't sniff 0.200 without him! Anyway, I digress, let's move on."

Clay Travis did a horrible job throughout the whole Tennessee/Schiano debacle, but his radio show is a good listen.

it is very football-centric and is a welcome alternative to the rest of the sports media reporting on what Lebron had for breakfast.

Clay Travis did a horrible job throughout the whole Tennessee/Schiano debacle, but his radio show is a good listen.

it is very football-centric and is a welcome alternative to the rest of the sports media reporting on what Lebron had for breakfast.
I actually agree with you. I enjoy his show for the most part but obviously he was a clown for the whole Tennessee/Schiano situation. Klatt is absolutely my favorite national college football broadcaster/personality.

I actually agree with you. I enjoy his show for the most part but obviously he was a clown for the whole Tennessee/Schiano situation. Klatt is absolutely my favorite national college football broadcaster/personality.
Agree . No bs . Just analysis

Clay Travis is an idiot. Late this summer on one of his podcasts, the topic of which schools were going to participate in the Big Ten season was discussed. When Rutgers was brought up, the discussion turned to the COVID outbreak for Rutgers football which meant to Travis that Rutgers is not serious about playing football because they‘re not disciplined enough not to have an outbreak. Here we are and Rutgers was one of the only teams disciplined enough to play all 8 games in the season, along with some luck that our opposition was able to play on the weeks we were scheduled. I repeat, Clay Travis is a moron.

Can never get enough of Clay Travis looking dumber every day. After every win there's always a lot of people rubbing his nose in it. It's great!

Yeah, he really put himself out there on this one. He did his best to take all of the "credit" for avoiding Schiano, in such a fashion that many remember it. Tennessee hired Derek Dooley to become their head coach just a few years prior to when Schiano was being considered, but somehow Schiano's resume was just so beneath them. TN is one place where their people seem to have a really inflated view of themselves in the college football hierarchy.

Beyond that, the same TN people were in full celebration mode of Pruitt's recruiting and winning streak until it all came crashing down when they finally played someone -- though they did just end a six game losing streak by beating Vanderbilt.

As usual in these situations, the worst move probably wasn't even hiring Pruitt, even if he never wins another game, but extending him (in September 2020!!), in order to head off the apparently enormous demand for Pruitt's services elsewhere.

Travis is a clown. I won't link to it to give his site clicks, but someone sent a story to me yesterday where one of his stooges was saying the Rutgers fight song is a dumpster fire. His hatred for Schiano has evolved into Rutgers hate.

Had a nice shout out from Joel Klatt on Travis's radio show this morning. You can get a replay if you have apple podcasts (or another podcast service I'm guessing) and look up his show Outkick the Coverage and get hour 3 and skip to the 29:30 mark.

Gist of the conversation: Was talking about playoff scenarios and how A&M could get in assuming they win this weekend against Tennesee. Klatt laughed when Tennessee was mentioned and goes "I know Pruitt's your guy... hey by the way did Rutgers win this weekend?" Clay said he didn't check and Klatt goes "They did! Did you know that guy [Schiano] is 0.500 in his career at RUTGERS!? They couldn't sniff 0.200 without him! Anyway, I digress, let's move on."

A bit of hyperbole there but yep, Greg get's it done here.

I can't wait for 3 or 4 years from now when he's got the program and recruiting fully up to speed. Playing in the B1G with a "Fully operational Death Star (Rutgers)" should be a blast.

With us being in the Big Ten and the magic of the transfer portal, this is going to happen so much faster. We have a shot a four Big Ten wins and a bowl game THIS year. I was aiming for 2022.

Reactions: RutgersRockies
Travis is a clown. I won't link to it to give his site clicks, but someone sent a story to me yesterday where one of his stooges was saying the Rutgers fight song is a dumpster fire. His hatred for Schiano has evolved into Rutgers hate.
As compared to “Rocky Top” ? LOL

Dueling Banjos from “Deliverance” vs. Born to Run. Sounds about right.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
He is an absolute moron with no talent. I have no idea how he even has a social media following. He likes to stoke fires to get clicks. I don't think he believes anything he talks about or can even debate it. He went on CNN 4 years ago and made a complete fool of himself and then told everyone he was trolling the interviewer. He shit his pants is what he did.

If RU defines itself by the the saying about people who hate us...somehow we come off any better. Is there any RU hater out there that isn't an abject moron?

Was listening to espnu radio on siriusXM this morning and one guy had Schiano as the coach of the year. He also made fun of Clay Travis. Idk what show it was as I hardly every listen to it because it's usually all SEC stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT