ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathan Mitchell Interview

LiteKnight

Redshirt
May 16, 2006
Host Bryan DeNovellis is joined by former Rutgers great and current Stetson assistant coach, Jonathan Mitchell. "J-Mitch" discusses Stetson's upsets over Florida State and South Florida this season. And he relives his memories of the Rutgers-Seton Hall rivalry, and his infamous 4-point play to upset No. 10 Villanova in 2011.

I will take abuse for this but in that this board is devoted to the sports teams of an educational institution I need to point out that infamous means “well known for some bad quality or deed”. So Mitchell’s shot is infamous only if you are a Villanova fan. Let the name calling begin.

EDIT: Nvm thought he was at UCF for some reason. It's Stetson.

Last edited:
I will take abuse for this but in that this board is devoted to the sports teams of an educational institution I need to point out that infamous means “well known for some bad quality or deed”. So Mitchell’s shot is infamous only if you are a Villanova fan. Let the name calling begin.
We're talking connotative, not denotative...but point taken....

Had the pleasure of sitting with JMitch and one of his beautiful daughters at the Miami game last week. It's always great to catch up with our guys!

Nice work on the podcast. Give it a listen if you can!

I was there. Amazing shot & memory

Reactions: wheezer
Solid point and it reminds me of one of the most commonly misused terms - - using "notoriety" to mean fame in a positive sense - in fact it means fame for a bad quality because it comes from the word "notorious".

I have watched the last three minutes or so of that game many times
Great game great finish

Wright was a class act that day
He seemed to admire our play at the end

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT