ADVERTISEMENT

K J Allen Article

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
K J Allen article on another site says Rutgers is in the mix for Class of 2021 6 6 240 forward from East Los Angeles Junior College. This year he averaged 18.5 points, 67.4 shooting percentage, and 9.4 rebounds. Considered by some to be Top 3 junior college players. NBA scouts already calling his coach. His Coach calls him a Larry Johnson type player. Location is not important to him for school. Other schools interested include TCU, Oregon State, Washington State, LSU, Arizona, Arizona State, SMU, and San Diego State. His coach has been following Rutgers building process and is impressed with development of Myles Johnson, who is also from California.

Very interesting. With Jones. committed we have 2 more openings I believe.

Some very interesting possibilities. I still think we need a PG in the class.

Very interesting. With Jones. committed we have 2 more openings I believe.

Some very interesting possibilities. I still think we need a PG in the class.
Really like Riley as a PG - good size and fits the bill for what Pike likes. And now that we've got a good product to sell I'm not sure Pike waits forever for Patterson, especially with Jones already in the fold.

Reactions: shields
Mamadou Doucure could grad transfer at season's end -- if he chose.. So that's another possible ship

I haven't seen him but one interesting stat. He's a G/F at 6'6", but 0-5 from three in over 800 minutes

In the introductions, it sounds like the announcer introduces three kids he refers to as guards and then introduces Allen as a forward/guard. After watching for a while, seems like a lot more forward to me. Of course what do I know, I thought Eddie Jordan would actually go out and recruit.

Reactions: Kbee3
By the way, seemed like there were kids from all over the place on the squad, not just from Los Angeles. Reminds me of Philly kids who suddenly move in with Aunt Edna and Uncle Frank and end up at southern New Jersey County colleges. Maybe junior colleges are different in other parts of the country. Maybe they don’t charge more if you don’t live in that county/section of state.

To me it sounded like the announcer said fourth guard. But watching his game, he is not a guard.

It would make sense to get someone paired with the Mulcahy class, one of the 4 freshman is redshirting in 2020-21, and bring in 1 more freshman with Jaden Jones in 2021. The classes for 2021-22, would be 5/2/3/3, if Doucoure doesn't grad transfer or RHJ leaves after Jr year.

In the introductions, it sounds like the announcer introduces three kids he refers to as guards and then introduces Allen as a forward/guard. After watching for a while, seems like a lot more forward to me. Of course what do I know, I thought Eddie Jordan would actually go out and recruit.
And teach rebounding.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
With all of the time we have, we've got to do better than this. They are doing a nice job selling this kid. JMO, but doesn't look near a Big 10 player to me.

This is why I stopped posting videos. I broke my rule, now I will stop again.

This is why I stopped posting videos. I broke my rule, now I will stop again.
Actually posting videos of HS talent being talked about here is a good thing.
Many times some of us know very little about HS players being discussed and videos like the one you posted gives us an idea if he might be B1G material or not.

Actually posting videos of HS talent being talked about here is a good thing.
Many times some of us know very little about HS players being discussed and videos like the one you posted gives us an idea if he might be B1G material or not.

I used to think so too. I will stick to watching them on YouTube.

Reactions: MADHAT1
So were recruiting Allen - but have stopped recruiting James Graham iii.. Im curious to why we don't have much interests in Graham anymore

I would get very comfortable with and hearing a lot more about KJ Allen, think his recruitment is going to be very interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT