SMU at Rice | 7:30 p.m. | ESPNU
No. 14 LSU at No. 8 Alabama | 7:45 p.m. | CBS
Miami (Fla.) at NC State | 8 p.m. | ACC Network
Stanford at Washington State | 9 p.m. | Pac-12 Networks
No. 16 Oregon State at Colorado | 10 p.m. | ESPN
Boise State at Fresno State | 10 p.m. | CBSSN
No. 19 UCLA at Arizona | 10:30 p.m. | FS1

Reactions: KT8813
Don't tell @bac2therac or other seat counters, but the Duke stands look mighty empty for a local rivalry televised game.
Duke might have the worst football fans in the country

no joke two weeks ago. I literally saw one Duke fan tailgating the entire time in Tallahasee and she was wearing a basketball jersey

At the game, there was a little sliver, where the visiting fans were, there could not have been more than 50 or 75 total.

I was shocked for a team that was top 15 and has a legit coach and a solid defense, but they would bring that few people and Care that little

Reactions: Knight Shift
Duke might have the worst football fans in the country

no joke two weeks ago. I literally saw one Duke fan tailgating the entire time in Tallahasee and she was wearing a basketball jersey

At the game, there was a little sliver, where the visiting fans were, there could not have been more than 50 or 75 total.

I was shocked for a team that was top 15 and has a legit coach and a solid defense, but they would bring that few people and Care that little
More reason to think Elko would leave to a job like MSU or A&M.

You MACtion hater!!!! Dammit, include the Tuesday/Wednesday games, or I'm going to cry!!! 😂
Damn right. Does no one care about the Wagon Wheel rivalry? Yesterday 1-7 Akron took on 1-7 Kent State. The schools are only about 12 miles apart. Winner leaves with a blue and gold wagon wheel, blue and gold being the colors of both schools.

Akron came from behind to take the Wagon Wheel, followed by a raucous team celebration.

All rivalry games matter.

Damn right. Does no one care about the Wagon Wheel rivalry? Yesterday 1-7 Akron took on 1-7 Kent State. The schools are only about 12 miles apart. Winner leaves with a blue and gold wagon wheel, blue and gold being the colors of both schools.

Akron came from behind to take the Wagon Wheel, followed by a raucous team celebration.

All rivalry games matter.
I will admit, both games were snooze fests early on. Had on the other game, flipped over to the Akron/Kent game, and quickly went to the World Series.

He's no Lance Leipold. Dook looking Dookie.
They both will likely be bowling in consecutive seasons early in their tenures for programs that have been bad. I’d expect them both to get interest in the offseason. It’s just a matter of whether they want to leave or not. I tend to think both would if it’s MSU.

Last edited:
Remember when the resident Deion fanboy(s) was wetting their pants over Colorado beating TCU?

TCU is a good example of what I’ve said before. Just take a season for what it is and don’t read too much into the future. Last year was a great one for TCU and this one is way different, possibly still a bowl team though. Just like us. This will be a solid season and a bowl but I wouldn’t read anything into next year. No way to know for sure what next year brings.

Last edited:
They both will be bowling in consecutive seasons early in their tenures for programs that have been bad. I’d expect them both to get interest in the offseason. It’s just a matter of whether they want to leave or not. I tend to think both would if it’s MSU.
Meh, I'd pump the brakes on Duke and Elko. Duke was not THAT bad, and it IS the ACC. They have beat a crappy Clemson, Lafayette, Northwestern, UConn and NC State. Eve you have said 1 or 2 seasons is not a resume. But to your point, I could see stupid decisions being made and Elko getting offers. Leipold has a resume.

And Dykes looking like a one hit wonder for now, going to 4-5.

WF penalties on this drive going to kill them and possibly lose them the game.

Meh, I'd pump the brakes on Duke and Elko. Duke was not THAT bad, and it IS the ACC. They have beat a crappy Clemson, Lafayette, Northwestern, UConn and NC State. Eve you have said 1 or 2 seasons is not a resume. But to your point, I could see stupid decisions being made and Elko getting offers. Leipold has a resume.

And Dykes looking like a one hit wonder for now, going to 4-5.
They were neck and neck with ND and played FSU close for awhile until Leonard got hurt again.

It’s hard to win without your starting qb who is good and not just a game manager. Both Leipold and Elko have had to win without their capable starters out for parts or a lot of the season.

Elko is two seasons as HC but he’s done good things as DC too including when he was at undermanned schools like WF. I think he’s a good coach and will get offers and deserves them.

He’s also making the good call here which Leipold messed up. He’s taking a knee and kicking the chip shot FG and leaving no chance for WF in regulation.

Well there you go, Duke bowl eligible in Elko’s first two years there. True freshman qb. Good job. 9 wins in year 1 and at least 6 wins in year 2.

They were neck and neck with ND and played FSU close for awhile until Leonard got hurt again.

It’s hard to win without your starting qb who is good and not just a game manager. Both Leipold and Elko have had to win without their capable starters out for parts or a lot of the season.

Elko is two seasons as HC but he’s done good things as DC too including when he was at undermanned schools like WF. I think he’s a good coach and will get offers and deserves them.

He’s also making the good call here which Leipold messed up. He’s taking a knee and kicking the chip shot FG and leaving no chance for WF in regulation.
I've made it clear about losing starting QB--tough sheet. Our coaching staff got no slack whatsoever last year. Same rule applies. Have a capable backup and backup plan. Hope Elko takes care of himself. He's morbidly obese.

That PI was blatant.
Agree on the PI. The second tackle was rough, but AFAIK, whistle had not been blown and he was bringing the WR down to the ground. I don't see how he could have adjusted to make the tackle differently. If the whistle had been blown, well then OK.

I've made it clear about losing starting QB--tough sheet. Our coaching staff got no slack whatsoever last year. Same rule applies. Have a capable backup and backup plan. Hope Elko takes care of himself. He's morbidly obese.
I don’t see it the same way. It’s not particularly about the position getting hurt but more about how much of a contributor the player at said position is. Leonard and Daniels are big contributors to their offenses. I don’t see NV the same. The analogous thing would be something like KM getting hurt. That would be a big loss because he’s a big cog in the offense. That’s how I’d judge how much an injury matters. How big a cog is this person. Like Powell to the defense now, also a big cog.

I don’t see it the same way. It’s not particularly about the position getting hurt but more about how much of a contributor the player at said position is. Leonard and Daniels are big contributors to their offenses. I don’t see NV the same. The analogous thing would be something like KM getting hurt. That would be a big loss because he’s a big cog in the offense. That’s how I’d judge how much an injury matters. How big a cog is this person. Like Powell to the defense now, also a big cog.
C'mon, let's be real here. We are talking about the pillow soft ACC vs. playing a juggernaut last year. The season was planned around Vedral and ball control. Gavin and Simon were not ready, and the best option (maybe last year) got hurt. We were down to option 3. Cry me a river for Duke. Their backup was pretty bad tonight.

C'mon, let's be real here. We are talking about the pillow soft ACC vs. playing a juggernaut last year. The season was planned around Vedral and ball control. Gavin and Simon were not ready, and the best option (maybe last year) got hurt. We were down to option 3. Cry me a river for Duke. Their backup was pretty bad tonight.
I didn’t see most of the game but saw the end. I’ll assume he played about the way you’d expect a true freshman to play.

I did see good parts of the ND and FSU games and they played well against them while Leonard was healthy. They got shellacked by Louisville last week. IIRC this is a team that won 1 ACC game in the last two years of Cutcliffe. To win 9 and then at least 6 the next two years is a good accomplishment

I didn’t see most of the game but saw the end. I’ll assume he played about the way you’d expect a true freshman to play.

I did see good parts of the ND and FSU games and they played well against them while Leonard was healthy. They got shellacked by Louisville last week. IIRC this is a team that won 1 ACC game in the last two years of Cutcliffe. To win 9 and then at least 6 the next two years is a good accomplishment
And who recruited Riley Leonard? David Cutcliffe. He played in 2021. More apples and oranges with Duke and Rutgers. They had a QB under development when Elko took over. Rutgers had to scramble to get Vedral in and shambles for an OL.
And in 2021, Duke may have been 3-9, but the 2022 ACC was garbage compared to 2021, with Virginia, Ga Tech, Miami, BC, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest being hot garbage. They lost to the only teams in the league that had a pulse- Pitt and UNC (as well as Ga Tech).
We can keep going back and forth, but don't think we are going to convince each other.

I said when he got hired I think how well Sean Lewis does there will be crucial to how well they do. Looks like Deion is jumping ship before the season is out. Wonder what Lewis thinks now about leaving his HC spot for this. Also will it make any replacements wary of coming on board if the trigger finger is too itchy.

There's a balance there between taking lumps on the way to becoming better and making a change because it's needed. We'll see how well Deion walks that line.

Last edited:
I said when he got hired I think how well Sean Lewis does there will be crucial to how well they do. Looks like Deion is jumping ship before the season is out. Wonder what Lewis thinks now about leaving his HC spot for this. Also will it make any replacements wary of coming on board if the trigger finger is too itchy.

There's a balance there between taking lumps on the way to becoming better and making a change because it's needed. We'll see how well Deion walks that line.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT