ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 11/7-11/11 Tues-Sat

These refs are bad, I didn’t see any holding on Duke there. Nice job though by Duke kicker to make the 49yd FG despite that call.

39 all …OT 2….UNC kicker with 6 FGs

Too bad Duke couldn’t get the 2 points in OT2 and UNC wins. Refs missed and fouled up calls in UNC’s favor at the end of the game.

47-45 UNC

Good job by Matt Campbell. I thought they were done for this year after the losses due to the gambling stuff…starting qb and rb among others lost to it.

AF from 8-0 to 8-2 with losses to Army and Hawaii

Well USC and UCLA are not world beaters. UCLA lost to 3-7 Arizona State
Yup but like I say year to year hard to know what the next year holds. Just take it for what it is, both good and bad. Look how UCLA’s offense and defense have flipped from last year tot his year.

USC loses Williams but Riley has a good history of replacing qbs and they swill have a new DC. Will that defense show improvement or still suck, who knows. Wonder if a current head coach who might get fired like Aranda or Arnett could be a candidate. Both have coached for Leach and on the west coast in their careers.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Yup but like I say year to year hard to know what the next year holds. Just take it for what it is, both good and bad. Look how UCLA’s offense and defense have flipped from last year tot his year.

USC loses Williams but Riley has a good history of replacing qbs and they swill have a new DC. Will that defense show improvement or still suck, who knows. Wonder if a current head coach who might get fired like Aranda or Arnett could be a candidate. Both have coached for Leach and on the west coast in their careers.
I will admit to having bias against Lincoln Riley. Let's review his record. Takes over from perennial ass-kicking legendary Bob Stoops a well-oiled machine. Five two loss seasons. Impressive. But he did slip to second place in year 4 and third place in year 5. Not very Stoopsian of him. 😉

I guess I lost track and PAC-2 teams only play 11 games? WTF?
Anyways, my knock is who has Lincoln beaten this year? That's a familiar refrain we hear in these parts. . . .He has lost to every ranked team he has played with a phenomenal QB. And he got smacked by a mediocre Notre Dame (by their standards), beat by a hobbled Utah (that's a real coach there), and lost BOTH games to Washington and Oregon. One would have expected a win in there somewhere from such a high flyer, no?

And let's review last year. Lost twice to Utah, and then lost to Tulane in a bowl. Is it fair to say overrated and overpaid?

I will admit to having bias against Lincoln Riley. Let's review his record. Takes over from perennial ass-kicking legendary Bob Stoops a well-oiled machine. Five two loss seasons. Impressive. But he did slip to second place in year 4 and third place in year 5. Not very Stoopsian of him. 😉

I guess I lost track and PAC-2 teams only play 11 games? WTF?
Anyways, my knock is who has Lincoln beaten this year? That's a familiar refrain we hear in these parts. . . .He has lost to every ranked team he has played with a phenomenal QB. And he got smacked by a mediocre Notre Dame (by their standards), beat by a hobbled Utah (that's a real coach there), and lost BOTH games to Washington and Oregon. One would have expected a win in there somewhere from such a high flyer, no?

And let's review last year. Lost twice to Utah, and then lost to Tulane in a bowl. Is it fair to say overrated and overpaid?
I'm pretty neutral on just about everyone because it's just football in the end. I do like to root for underdogs though....school and/or coach.

Riley hasn't lived up to it so far. Offense is good enough if he can ever get the defense fixed. The DC hire will be a big one. Brian Kelly might be looking for a new DC too, who knows. What Lanning has done at Oregon this year is what you'd like. A physical solid defense to go along with a productive offense.

Thing is, what seems okay on paper might not be in practice. Never know for sure how some will do until the games are played.

Who didn't think Chip Kelly at UCLA was going to make them a big contender. It's took them awhile to get started and it still hasn't materialized to the high level that people thought he would get them after his tenure at Oregon. He's not been terrible in recent years but just not meeting those lofty expectations coming in and he's not the first and wont be the last like that. I'd be surprised if they let him go though despite the headline above but who knows.

Reactions: Knight Shift

And this is what sucks about the portal and NIL. What could be down years for some of these teams won't be. They'll simply go out and poach other teams who have developed better players. I don't think Riley's a great coach, I just think he's got the most money to spend. With Ferentz probably retiring Riley should have his boosters throw $2 to $3 mil. at Phil Parker.

And this is what sucks about the portal and NIL. What could be down years for some of these teams won't be. They'll simply go out and poach other teams who have developed better players. I don't think Riley's a great coach, I just think he's got the most money to spend. With Ferentz probably retiring Riley should have his boosters throw $2 to $3 mil. at Phil Parker.
Leonhard could be good too and Phil Parker has done awesome at Iowa. Part of me wonders though can those DCs work alongside and be as effective with a spread/tempo coach? I don't know. There was an article in the Athletic about that and being DC for that kind of offense.

Aranda did very well at Wisconsin (tutored Leonhard) and had a solid defense at LSU when Joe Brady/Burrow were passing it all over and running tempo. Can all DCs do that, I don't know.

Found it. It's a paywall article but here's a youtube interview of Feldman discussing the article too.

Will be interesting to see who A & M goes after

If that cult approaches Norvell, I fully expect DeSantis to drop a nuke on College Station

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT