ADVERTISEMENT

Kid from Senegal and more

Big time sports is bad and dirty .
But if we are gonna be in this dirty business I am glad we are in it to win it . There is no middle ground and stinking does us no good . So get players from Africa or attica as long as they can play and help us win. Pay to play etc . Whatever it takes. I am glad everyone here feels same way.
It's sounds like NIL is very limited, or non existent when it comes to a player from this region
If so, one could argue that recruiting him is far less dirty than a recruiting a player from the states

And a coveted NJ player would be in the middle of the slimy NIL offers

It's sounds like NIL is very limited, or non existent when it comes to a player from this region
If so, one could argue that recruiting him is far less dirty than a recruiting a player from the states

And a coveted NJ player would be in the middle of the slimy NIL offers
In general . I am actually happy to see the responses here that people want to win at all costs , save for a sandusky situation . We got a taste of winning the last few years in basketball. Now we want more

In general . I am actually happy to see the responses here that people want to win at all costs , save for a sandusky situation . We got a taste of winning the last few years in basketball. Now we want more
My point was that the recruiting of this player in this situation is cleaner, probably more above board, and thus not a win at all costs
The only difference in this recruitment is distance
Thus, Going against your original post

Recruit out of state players = win at all costs?

Are you doing some kind of gaslighting psychology experiment on us?
It’s much deeper than that. No one wants to talk about the pitfalls or issues big time sports might create . We like sports . We want to win . Simple as that . End of story

It’s much deeper than that. No one wants to talk about the pitfalls or issues big time sports might create . We like sports . We want to win . Simple as that . End of story
Yeah. But China might invade Taiwan. So you know, Senegal, NIL, communism, stuff and things. Makes sense. Good discussion!

Reactions: briccnerff
Recruiting Out of State players? That’s decades old, start to look at the Olympic sports and see how international recruiting has quietly impacted team rosters not just at RU but around the country.

When NJ kids consider Rutgers ahead of ND, PSU, MSU, Georgetown etc., we will recruit an all NJ team. We go after Jersey kids but most of them thumb their noses at us and go out of state. Maybe it changes but maybe it doesn't. I see out of state players at every big name state university. Go down the rosters. You have a death wish for this program if you only want Jersey kids.
Agreed... when people complain about Rutgers recruiting out of state, they usually are saying that Rutgers should take all teh kids that the top-name schools did not want.. NJ kids that cannot get a P5 scholly anywhere else. National and international recruiting is a must. Find and recruit the best.. all else being equal, give Jersey kids the tiebreaker.

Reactions: wheezer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT