ADVERTISEMENT

Last season with Myles?

ouchmyknee

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
I saw on Twitter that Myles has submitted his applications for grad school. Hopefully he’s looking to stay at RU, but it kinda makes me think this might be his last season here.

He's always been a student first and I'm sure he'll make his decision with that as a priority. I hope he sticks around but I hope more that he does what's best for his future.

Certainly possible, but also, it’s possible he applies this year ...and if he gets what we wants this year, he can defer admission for year. Or, if he didn’t get what he wants in the way of grad school this year, he gets another year to apply

Lot of things that aren’t clear ...and I’m sure pike knows so I’ll leave it at that and wish the best whatever Myles wants to do With his future endeavors

one of the All time best embassadors of Rutgers university and Rutgers athletics

Shack, I don’t think that’s how it works. If he graduates he won’t be able to play unless he is enrolled as a grad student at RU. I could be wrong but I think it’s how it works.

I saw on Twitter that Myles has submitted his applications for grad school. Hopefully he’s looking to stay at RU, but it kinda makes me think this might be his last season here.

still early but I agree with you.

One thing is for sure he would be able to play at any school. Hopefully we have the Masters program he wants to earn. He can go play a year at Stanford Princeton Yale or other ultra high achiever school.

Shack, I don’t think that’s how it works. If he graduates he won’t be able to play unless he is enrolled as a grad student at RU. I could be wrong but I think it’s how it works.

that’s true ...but again, there are options and other ways too. Which is why I said let it play oit, Pike know what is going on ...and I wish nothing but the best for Myles for what he wants to do ...

Reactions: schemingup23
Ya think Myles would choose an engineering career over a professional Basketball one?

I was told 2 years ago that Myles would stick with RU even if he graduated from engineering in 4 years and only played three. I hope and believe that is still accurate.

Rutgers does have a good post grad engineering program but someone with Myles' credentials could easily get into an elite program.

Stanford would probably be the competition as he wants to work in Silicon Valley. No matter what, he’s headed to great things in life.

Reactions: shields

Reactions: KevH
This kid can be a senator one day; he should follow his head and his heart

Perfect situation for him. This year is a free yr. Looks like grad school could be free as well. Hes done very well for himself and really has taken advantage of
His education with hoops schollie. Every story should start and end this way

Well.. what does he plan to study in grad school? If we offer it.. he has to stay here to play.. right? Otherwise he can transfer and be eligible if the other school offers something that we do not... ohhhhh.... maybe the whole CoVid thing changes that up a bit.

In any case, Myles has earned happiness in whatever he wants to do. We should do whatever we can to facilitate him following his dreams.

Someone said he planned on getting graduate degree at Rutgers. Though I’m not quite sure based on something he said a few weeks ago. Guess we’ll see.

The kid is a true student athlete, and if he transfers for grad school, it will be for academics not for different basketball opportunities. For that reason, very few would fault him or think it's a betrayal.

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
He has said he wants to work in Silicon Valley. You certainly couldn’t fault him if he went to Stanford or Berkeley. He is truly the pride of Rutgers though.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT