ADVERTISEMENT

Lehigh match

Passe24

Junior
Gold Member
May 9, 2011
If they use the lineup that they just wrestled against army then I see us winning four matches and will need an upset or two If they come with all the regulars I only see three what do you guys think?

Will be very tough to keep it close.

125 0-4 Cruz returning two time AA
133 0-8 Parker having great season- likely will AA
141 3-8 has not beaten Ash since high school -although returning AA
149 6-8 Theo with an upset -
157 6-11If it is Kutler - too fundamental for Johnny
165 6-15 no contest
174 6-18 Preisch will AA
184 10-18 Should be easy for Nick
197 13-18 A healthy Matt beats their 3rd string back up
UNL13-21Vollaro too big & experienced for Gross

Final Lehigh 21 - The Good Guys 13

149 will be very tough. Gardner is a hammer.
On another note. I love how Iowa doesn't want to go to VT. 2nd year in a row they pulled this. So they except Edinbiro.

Love Sanderson throwing shade at Brands on Twitter. What's Iowa's issue with V-Tech? Don't know the history.
The cliff note version.

Brands was the head coach at Va-Tech, Iowa job opened up so he took the job. He had a bunch of blue chip recruits committed to Va-Tech that wanted to come to Iowa with him. VA-Tech wouldn't sign the release so if they went they would lose a year of eligibility. Pretty sure they all left to follow Brands and Co.

Edited to add this article and to say I think I was wrong calling them recruits they may have already been on VaTech redshirting.
http://pilotonline.com/sports/brand...cle_94fb7504-43e5-52dd-9c0b-4c948c45fb9a.html

125 4-0 Lehigh maj
133 4-3 Rut dec
141 6-4 Rut dec
149 9-4 Rut dec
157 12-4 Rut Dec
164 12-8 Lehigh Maj
174 12-11 Lehigh Dec
184 16-11 Rut Maj dec
197 19-11 Rutgers
HWT 19- 14 Leh
19-14 Rutgers

Last edited:
Reactions: HeyHuey
Love Sanderson throwing shade at Brands on Twitter. What's Iowa's issue with V-Tech? Don't know the history.

To me it speaks directly to why Iowa is down, well for them anyway. It's just Brands mentality. His mentality is to stall, play defense, play it safe. Cael on the other hand has the mentality that he doesn't just want to win but he wants to dominate, attack, and then dominate some more.

I'm not exactly sure Goodale (sp?) style but it seemed your kids were fairly aggressive and taking shots against us. If so, I think that serves you well in the long run.

Reactions: demauroj
125 4-0 Lehigh maj
133 4-3 Rut dec
141 6-4 Rut dec
149 9-4 Rut dec
157 12-4 Rut Dec
164 12-8 Lehigh Maj
174 12-11 Lehigh Dec
184 16-11 Rut Maj dec
197 19-11 Rutgers
HWT 19- 14 Leh
19-14 Rutgers
There is nothing wrong with optimism, but predicting Rutgers winning 6 matches at Grace Hall where the matchups don't indicate anything close to that result without at least 2 significant upsets, sorry, not this year.

125 4-0 Lehigh maj
133 4-3 Rut dec
141 6-4 Rut dec
149 9-4 Rut dec
157 12-4 Rut Dec
164 12-8 Lehigh Maj
174 12-11 Lehigh Dec
184 16-11 Rut Maj dec
197 19-11 Rutgers
HWT 19- 14 Leh
19-14 Rutgers
doubt RU gets both 33 & 49

Delvecchio beat Parker 4-3 in 2015 so this is a toss up even though Parker is ranked # 9 in country. He has been out injured so it will be interesting to see how he is. Alike Gardner is ranked 10 and Theo is 14 so they are favored. Gardner can be brilliant or ordinary. Hope the ordinary shows up.

Wrestling at home seems to be a considerable advantage the more I observe College Wrestling over the years, especially when the home crowd is large and loud.

Wrestling at home seems to be a considerable advantage the more I observe College Wrestling over the years, especially when the home crowd is large and loud.
The next step in Goodale's coaching career is to get a signature road win in a hostile environment vs a team like Lehigh. He has come close a few times so far (Minnesota last year, Michigan this year). If we had a healthy Lewis at 157 I would say it would be a complete coin flip, but without him we need to steal a few upsets at weights like 133, 149 and 197 if we want to leave Bethlehem with a win.

To me it speaks directly to why Iowa is down, well for them anyway. It's just Brands mentality. His mentality is to stall, play defense, play it safe. Cael on the other hand has the mentality that he doesn't just want to win but he wants to dominate, attack, and then dominate some more.

I'm not exactly sure Goodale (sp?) style but it seemed your kids were fairly aggressive and taking shots against us. If so, I think that serves you well in the long run.

Concur with the Goodale assessment. You guys qualified 10 for Nationals last year, something we can't brag about and your team comes to wrestle. I have witnessed a lot of teams just fold against us over the last 7 years and you guys aren't one of them. Kudos.

Big Rutgers fan. Just don't see how we win this. If you have watched Lehigh this year, you would be impressed. If their injured guys take the night off, we have a chance. If they wrestle and we win, Goodale should be considered for coach of the year. Our staff really develops the above average guys. We just don't have the horses to compete with the best. Parker is really impressive and much better than he was in his redshirt year. Kutler is ranked # 4 in the country. Minotti is a 2 time All American. Preisch is having a great year and is strong as an ox. Theo has a good chance but it is not a given. If Correnti is healthy, he should win. Vollaro is ranked 15th and probably too skilled for Gross. Little Cruz is a top 4 kid and will probably get a major Ash should win. But, it may not be easy as big Cruz is also an All American. Gravina should coast to victory. Hope I am wrong and we win. Happy to eat crow. Just trying to be objective.

Big Rutgers fan. Just don't see how we win this. If you have watched Lehigh this year, you would be impressed. If their injured guys take the night off, we have a chance. If they wrestle and we win, Goodale should be considered for coach of the year. Our staff really develops the above average guys. We just don't have the horses to compete with the best. Parker is really impressive and much better than he was in his redshirt year. Kutler is ranked # 4 in the country. Minotti is a 2 time All American. Preisch is having a great year and is strong as an ox. Theo has a good chance but it is not a given. If Correnti is healthy, he should win. Vollaro is ranked 15th and probably too skilled for Gross. Little Cruz is a top 4 kid and will probably get a major Ash should win. But, it may not be easy as big Cruz is also an All American. Gravina should coast to victory. Hope I am wrong and we win. Happy to eat crow. Just trying to be objective.

I am not sure how healthy Lehigh is. I don't think Kutler will wrestle

125-Cruz
133-Parker
141-AA
149-Theo-Gardner is tuff, but think Theo wins
157-Van Brill over Longo(if Kutler wrestles, Kutler wins)
165-Minnoti
174-Preisch
184-Gravina
197-Correnti-Lehigh will be wrestling their 3rd stringer here
Hwt-Vollaro-just too big for Gross

Final-15-15---If one team can get bonus at any weight, I think they win it.

Can anyone answer me why Indiana and Purdue are in the NWCA event representing the B1G when Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are all better and higher in the conference standings?

Also, why is Iowa wrestling Edinboro?

Can anyone answer me why Indiana and Purdue are in the NWCA event representing the B1G when Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin are all better and higher in the conference standings?

Also, why is Iowa wrestling Edinboro?

Those teams probably elected not to participate. As did the entire PAC-12.
Iowa coach has vowed never to wrestle against Va Tech because when he coached at Va Tech he recruited some elite wrestlers who then when Brands took the Iowa job, Va Tech wouldn't let them out of their LOIs. So they had to sit out a year thus pissing off Brands, who holds a grudge to this day.
The NWCA is Not an NCAA event , its format seems to change every couple of years.

I am not sure how healthy Lehigh is. I don't think Kutler will wrestle

125-Cruz
133-Parker
141-AA
149-Theo-Gardner is tuff, but think Theo wins
157-Van Brill over Longo(if Kutler wrestles, Kutler wins)
165-Minnoti
174-Preisch
184-Gravina
197-Correnti-Lehigh will be wrestling their 3rd stringer here
Hwt-Vollaro-just too big for Gross

Final-15-15---If one team can get bonus at any weight, I think they win it.
What wrestlers have changed from last years RU win to swing the match to Lehigh?

What wrestlers have changed from last years RU win to swing the match to Lehigh?

On the RU Roster we lost All American 165 Anthony Perotti and 285 very near All American Billy Smith and steady 197 Hayden Hrymack.

On the RU Roster we lost All American 165 Anthony Perotti and 285 very near All American Billy Smith and steady 197 Hayden Hrymack.
Which if I recall...Perotti and Smith won and Hrymack lost. So we are looking at a net swing of 6 points towards Lehigh. If that's the case then Lehigh would be predicted to win 18-15. If they did betting on wrestling I would be pretty sure Lehigh would be favored by 3 points or so.

Which if I recall...Perotti and Smith won and Hrymack lost. So we are looking at a net swing of 6 points towards Lehigh. If that's the case then Lehigh would be predicted to win 18-15. If they did betting on wrestling I would be pretty sure Lehigh would be favored by 3 points or so.
U forgot to factor in Lehigh's lineup change also from last year to this

I think Richie Lewis won a big match at 157 last year as well.

We seem to forget about the loss of Lewis recently since JVB has stepped up to become such a force. However, Lewis would be a potential upset pick here where JVB most likely is a loss Friday.
God I can't wait until next year...Senior Ash at 141, MVB at 149, Senior Lewis at 157, JVB at 165, Pagano at 174, Senior Gravina at 184. That is a punishing set of middleweights next year.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
God I can't wait until next year...Senior Ash at 141, MVB at 149, Senior Lewis at 157, JVB at 165, Pagano at 174, Senior Gravina at 184. That is a punishing set of middleweights next year.
MVB just went 2-2 in an open tourney(not sure who he lost to) but I'd think Giraldo would be the fav to start at 149 rn

Reactions: JBott and elvis7
MVB just went 2-2 in an open tourney(not sure who he lost to) but I'd think Giraldo would be the fav to start at 149 rn
They're the two odds on favorites to start at 149 with Deluca out of commission recovering from an ACL tear at Midlands. Giraldo frustrates me at times though...he wrestles down to guys at times, but at other times he looks like a guy who can threaten at NCAAs. A little too inconsistent for my liking.

If they are at full speed we are in trouble. A heathy Lehigh is going to do damage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT