ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go METS 2016 thread ......Just get in and anything can happen!

Good point. It's just like these young whipper snappers today who will tell you Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett are the greatest. Idiots. Give me Louis Armstrong or Al Jolson all day, every day.

People just don't realize how good the Philadelphia Athletics, St Louis Browns and Washington Senators were.

Gotta love the 20's.
How dare all of you!!!!! Everyone know that the ORIGINAL DYNASTY was the Boston Red Stockings. They were the REAL TEAM OF THE CENTURY as they won 11 titles in the 1800s. NOT THE YANKEES and they Live Ball Era baseballs and them using gloves!!!!!

1) Due props to this year's squad for getting in.

2) I fear either SF or STL, but forced to root for a tie, where I can think about the best option some more. Want no part of Bumgarner, but don't think they pitch him in a play-in (just pitched Friday) - would have to lose to avoid. Molina, etc. no picnic either - at least no Wainwright.

How dare all of you!!!!! Everyone know that the ORIGINAL DYNASTY was the Boston Red Stockings. They were the REAL TEAM OF THE CENTURY as they won 11 titles in the 1800s. NOT THE YANKEES and they Live Ball Era baseballs and them using gloves!!!!!

That whole "two in 53 years...none in the last 30" is wearing you out, huh ?

Speaking of "living in the past."
Can you imagine the now, 4 "amigo's" watching the Mets celebrate after clinching the home field WC game? Getting their voodoo dolls ready and sacrificing whatever rodent they can find in their apartments to their chosen High Princess of Met Haters Club.Lol.
Princess-500x500.jpg

Only a mets fan would place such emphasis on how long their.....thread... is.
We get it. You're lonely and apparently are not welcome on mets boards. So you feel the need to keep a mets thread going here for you and a few others to feel a little better during the ups and downs of a typical baseball season. Unfortunately for you, you've bumped into a few Yankees fans who enjoy so easily annoying said mets fans....mostly with the truth.
I've posted several times about the Jimmy Buffet, Tom Brady, A-Rod, Knicks, Rangers, any many, many other subjects' threads that get contributed to by people who don't particularly like them and post some negative stuff. Why is it so egregious for people to do that in a mets thread on this board ? Why are mets fans so damn sensitive ?
You can read plenty of my posts on these 2 sites, wrong again Ace.http://metsmerizedonline.com/2016/10/noah-syndergaard-to-start-wild-card-game.html/

It's really amazing how you just think of this as YOUR thread. It's about the mets ....but it's on a Rutgers board. So, some Rutgers fans who are not mets fans feel free to offer their perspective.
Perhaps you should seek out a mets board.....you know....one only for those sensitive, sensitive mets fans.
Post on both of these, read them, you might learn something.http://www.amazinavenue.com/

Bruce Beck twitter post.Joe Girardi on season" we didn't get it done, in all phases"#yankees.Well, now that sounds like a great season to me,something to build on, and right from the horses mouth!!!

The mets won 87 of 162 games this season.
The Yankees won 84 of 162 games this season.
Calm yourself mets fans. It'll soon be all over for you too.

Hoping for the best but the Giants are so freaking clutch in the postseason, esp in the even years and twice as a Wild Card (or as others here calls it, "the disappointing second place finnish."). If Bruce Bochy is not in the HOF for winning three rings, he should be if they win again.

Speaking of "living in the past."

Believe me...I fully understand why mets fans don't wanna talk about the past.
O for the last thirty years....2 out of 53 years.
Trust me, if mets history included Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, Reggie Jackson, Don Mattingly, Mariano Rivera, and Derek Jeter, plus 27 World Series championships....including one big one in 2000 vs. your little brothers from Queens...you'd be more than willing to talk and talk and talk about history.
The mets have no past. Why would their fans wanna talk about it ?

Hoping for the best but the Giants are so freaking clutch in the postseason, esp in the even years and twice as a Wild Card (or as others here calls it, "the disappointing second place finnish."). If Bruce Bochy is not in the HOF for winning three rings, he should be if they win again.

Wait.....Bochy has won more rings than the mets have in their 53 years ?

2009 the Yankees beat the Phillies in the World Series. In 2000 the Yankees beat their little brothers from Queens in my favorite World Series.
Ok... you got me. Forgot about 2009. And 2000 dont count.

Anyway, Giants and Red Sox have won more rings than both NY teams. You gonna dog them as well? At least I can respect other teams and give them props.

Ok... you got me. Forgot about 2009. And 2000 dont count.

Anyway, Giants and Red Sox have won more rings than both NY teams. You gonna dog them as well? At least I can respect other teams and give them props.

I actually once upon a time dished it out to Bosux fans far worse. But then they won some rings...so I had little in the way of material to work with. It was particularly tough after they came back from being down 3-zip to the Yanks. Ouch...still hurts.
Listen, when the mets won a World Series they didn't belong in back in 1969 I congratulated their fans. I didn't enjoy it...but facts are facts.
And when Billy Buckner gave them the 1986 World Series I again congratulated them. I was actually sitting in a bar in North Bergen that was full of mets fans...and me. And I saw it coming. I was sitting right by the back door and could have easily ducked out before it was over. I didn't. I took it and congratulated the mets fans for winning another World Series. Looking back, I wish I had known that 1986 would be the last one for the mets. They had all of these young pitchers and what looked like a bright future. Sound familiar ?
When and if the mets ever win some World Series championships I'll have to back off on bringing up all of these facts that make them so uncomfortable.
I've been a Yankees fan since before there were mets. They have provided me with countless wonderful moments...and some not so wonderful. Adding up the pluses and minuses I still can't figure out how any one could think they were better for being a mets fan.
We'll be back. And as I said in an earlier post.. 87 wins for the mets...84 for the Yankees....we don't have THAT far to go.
Now you can go back to worrying about Madison Bumgarner.

Without quoting you soliloquy, tell me why the Mets didnt belong in the 69 World Series? I wasnt born yet so enlighten me if you will.

And as your little history, i have no problems with any team, fans, whatever. Even whem I lived in South Jersey and worked in North Jersey, I had to take it from both Philly and Yankee fans. Not a problem, dont try to make anything personal or try to come off as a know it all **** just because. Even this year at the deadline, I said Yankees may be going back to their roots when their best players in the mid 90s were their own, not the big time older free agents. They have a good future with what they have but of course Yankee fans want to trade away their youth for or sign older players who may not be the players they think they were.

Anyway, I know you dont give two s***s so whatever man.

Buckner didn't give the Mets the 86 series. The game was already tied when Mookie hit that roller, so it wasn't a sure thing the Sox would've won if he had made the play. Second, that was only game six so Boston could've come back and won game seven.

Bumgarner is good but so is Thor, and the Mets' bullpen has been better than the Giants' this season. Should be a good game!

Reactions: tico brown
The mets won 87 of 162 games this season.
The Yankees won 84 of 162 games this season.
Calm yourself mets fans. It'll soon be all over for you too.
3 games in baseball's world, is a world apart. It could be over soon enough for the Mets, but a season that 40 games ago looked like it wasn't meant to be, turned around. No reason to think that happened for just one more game. Time will tell. I see you think the Yankees will go back after Chapman, should make your Reyes trashing buddy happy, and also you want Cespedes and Harvey. I guess the Mets players have impressed Yankee fans more than they like to lead on,lol.

3 games in baseball's world, is a world apart.

Uh....unless my math is wrong 3 games out of 162 is 1.8%. How could you possibly believe that is anything but a minimal difference ? Besides, a steady diet of Boston, Baltimore, and Toronto and the mets record would be worse than the Yankees. 19 straight games down the stretch vs. some of the weakest teams in MLB is the only reason their season continues. Seven of their last ten vs. the Phillies ? Please.
Did you ever send that Thank You note to the schedule-maker ?

Sometimes three games is all you need. Maybe the Yankees should thank the schedule maker not having them play the Padres and Diamondbacks more. It wouldve veen more than three games.

Uh....unless my math is wrong 3 games out of 162 is 1.8%. How could you possibly believe that is anything but a minimal difference ? Besides, a steady diet of Boston, Baltimore, and Toronto and the mets record would be worse than the Yankees. 19 straight games down the stretch vs. some of the weakest teams in MLB is the only reason their season continues. Seven of their last ten vs. the Phillies ? Please.
Your season is over, those 3 games might have made a difference.https://31.media.tumblr.com/62406a3a259c52db6e171b369da9f63c/tumblr_inline_myu76focuL1qf07y3.gif

The difference is that the Yankees have zero chance of getting to the World Series this year. Frankly, the Yankees have underperformed their payroll for the last 7 years when it comes to the playoffs. The closest they got to the playoffs in the last 4 seasons is a wild card 1 game loss- to the Astros last year. Think about that. They were #1 or #2 in MLB payroll in those 4 years and failed to make it to a playoff series. They're the Donald Trump of baseball.

Alright, resigning myself to dealing with Bumgarner for 9 innings of pain. #YaGottaBelieve

The difference is that the Yankees have zero chance of getting to the World Series this year. Frankly, the Yankees have underperformed their payroll for the last 7 years when it comes to the playoffs. The closest they got to the playoffs in the last 4 seasons is a wild card 1 game loss- to the Astros last year. Think about that. They were #1 or #2 in MLB payroll in those 4 years and failed to make it to a playoff series. They're the Donald Trump of baseball.
Oh no, not the facts? They hate the facts.

Bumgarner is 5-0 with a 1.86 ERA against the Mets lifetime

Really missing Wilmer Flores right now

I'm hoping for a 2-0 game in our favor, but we already know the Giants are going to be running wild against Thor and most likely score a few times

I feel way less confident today then yesterday after seeing those MadBum career #s against Mets :/

NY likes a winner.

Mets games on SNY averaged 263,850 viewers, compared with roughly 218,000 for the Yankees on YES, according to a statement from SNY.

The team also drew 2,789,602 fans to Citi Field, the most since 2009.

Reactions: SAE96
NY likes a winner.

Mets games on SNY averaged 263,850 viewers, compared with roughly 218,000 for the Yankees on YES, according to a statement from SNY.

The team also drew 2,789,602 fans to Citi Field, the most since 2009.

Wait....you left out the Yankees home attendance....which was over 3,000,000..
I know some of you struggle with math, since you apparently think 87 wins is so much larger a number than 84.
But 3,000,000 is a bigger number than 2,789,602.

Wait....you left out the Yankees home attendance....which was over 3,000,000..
I know some of you struggle with math, since you apparently think 87 wins is so much larger a number than 84.
But 3,000,000 is a bigger number than 2,789,602.
But we still have games to play so our attendance will go up. It's too early to compare total attendance numbers because only the Yankees season is over.

Reactions: RUinPAC10land
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT