ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go METS 2016 thread ......Just get in and anything can happen!

Over half achieved when either blacks weren't allowed to play or your squad tried to emulate Schwartzenegger's training program.

Jealousy is such an ugly thing.
Like you wouldn't count and treasure your team's championships won during those eras.
Like we shouldn't count any of Babe Ruth's homers 'cause blacks were prohibited from playing in MLB back then. Like we shouldn't count any of Gaylord Perry's wins 'cause he threw an illegal spitball. Like we shouldn't count the mets 1969 championship 'cause they were all meth heads.
So silly.
Your jealousy is so obvious.

Last edited:
Over half achieved when either blacks weren't allowed to play or your squad tried to emulate Schwartzenegger's training program.

3033031-inline-i-3-nike-jordan-re2pect.jpg
I said this about 4 times in this thread but no response...
-How many before Jackie Robinson?
-How many before the 62 expansion?
-How many before divisional playoffs?
-How many before Free Agency?
-How many in this Century?

A matter of fact, I would like to submit the "FACTS" that the San Francisco Giants and the Boston Red Sox are so far TEAMS OF THE CENTURY. *See this give Mets fan gives props to those who deserve them... even to the Yankees' "Baby Bombers" last couple of months (unlike others).

Funny how Mets fans think anyone is impressed with them finishing 2nd place in the NL East and qualifying for a play-in game. This is a HUGELY disappointing outcome for them.

Don't worry Mets fans, it will all be over soon. MadBum is waiting!
And then it will be the Cubs are waiting, and then it will be the AL champ is waiting, I get it.

Funny how Mets fans think anyone is impressed with them finishing 2nd place in the NL East and qualifying for a play-in game. This is a HUGELY disappointing outcome for them.

Hopefully the Mets wont be as disappointed with this years "second place finnish" as the Yankees did last year when Houston's Dallas Kuechel shut them down and out.

BTW, two years ago, TWO "second place finnishers" played in the best World Series in years. Guess San Francisco and Kansas City were disappointed with their second place finnish as well, eh?

I said this about 4 times in this thread but no response...
-How many before Jackie Robinson?
-How many before the 62 expansion?
-How many before divisional playoffs?
-How many before Free Agency?
-How many in this Century?

A matter of fact, I would like to submit the "FACTS" that the San Francisco Giants and the Boston Red Sox are so far TEAMS OF THE CENTURY. *See this give Mets fan gives props to those who deserve them... even to the Yankees' "Baby Bombers" last couple of months (unlike others).
tico, I also mentioned this several times, it's all about the ride, not a line in the history books. As a NY Giants fan, I heard about Y.A,Tittle, and Rosie Greer, and Frank Gifford from my uncles and all those great Giant players. Can't really relate to them, and find no excitement talking about them. Also, they played at a time when those linemen aren't even as big as many running backs are today. Totally different type game, not even close,that is all.

Hopefully the Mets wont be as disappointed with this years "second place finnish" as the Yankees did last year when Houston's Dallas Kuechel shut them down and out.

BTW, two years ago, TWO "second place finnishers" played in the best World Series in years. Guess San Francisco and Kansas City were disappointed with their second place finnish as well, eh?
tico, stop with the facts, they like to twist the facts to suit their needs.Wild card teams are only a success when it's the Yankees,lol.

Making the wildcard with a massive amount of injuries is much more impressive than a $200 million team that misses the playoffs.

See? Mets fans are already using the injury excuse.
No different than Yankee fans using the "sellers" excuse for not making the playoffs. I really see no difference, except, you guys could have prevented it, injuries happen, and the Mets overcame them and still got in. Says something about the difference between both organizations,fool.

I give the Mets organization a lot of credit for making the playoffs. It may not go beyond Wednesday (Baumgarner is always tough) but what they overcame this year with injuries was amazing. I had heard of the likes of Gsellman and Lugo before but really those guys plus the two Rivieras (sp different I know) really is testament to Alderson and his organization. It will be interesting to see what the roster is for the post season. Do the carry more than 11 pitchers? I assume two catchers and Duda, Lagares, Johnson Conforto as extras.

Just read a article that suggests the Mets would likely carry only 9 or 10 pitchers on the post season roster particularly for the one game series. I assume they can reset the roster after each round? I forgot about DeAza who would have to be on the roster. Flores would be a welcome RH bat but I assume is wrist is still not right. That could mean they carry Plawecki as a 3rd catcher so that D'Arnaud can be used as a RH PH. I would guess the pitchers would be Noah, Bart, Gsellman, Lugo. Then Familia, Reed, Robles, Blevins and Salas? If they wanted a second lefty out of the pen it would probably be Edgin over Gilmartin.

Like you wouldn't count and treasure your team's championships won during those eras.
Like we shouldn't count any of Babe Ruth's homers 'cause blacks were prohibited from playing in MLB back then. Like we shouldn't count any of Gaylord Perry's wins 'cause he threw an illegal spitball. Like we shouldn't count the mets 1969 championship 'cause they were all meth heads.
So silly.
69 team were meth heads? What have you been smoking?

I give the Mets organization a lot of credit for making the playoffs. It may not go beyond Wednesday (Baumgarner is always tough)
We still don't know if the Mets will play the Cards or Giants. As a Mets fan, it would be great if they ended in a tie and had to play Monday. Does anyone know who would be the pitchers Monday if they had to a have a play-in game?

Just read a article that suggests the Mets would likely carry only 9 or 10 pitchers on the post season roster particularly for the one game series. I assume they can reset the roster after each round? I forgot about DeAza who would have to be on the roster. Flores would be a welcome RH bat but I assume is wrist is still not right. That could mean they carry Plawecki as a 3rd catcher so that D'Arnaud can be used as a RH PH. I would guess the pitchers would be Noah, Bart, Gsellman, Lugo. Then Familia, Reed, Robles, Blevins and Salas? If they wanted a second lefty out of the pen it would probably be Edgin over Gilmartin.

Yes they can reset. Flores done for season. De aza most definitely will be on roster, including against the Cubs(for some reason I have a lot confidence in the Mets winning the WC game). Question is if conforto will be on the roster, which would IMO suck if he's not.

Let's Go Mets
Ya Gotta Believe

Yes they can reset. Flores done for season. De aza most definitely will be on roster, including against the Cubs(for some reason I have a lot confidence in the Mets winning the WC game). Question is if conforto will be on the roster, which would IMO suck if he's not.

Let's Go Mets
Ya Gotta Believe
Conforto has to be on the roster. I think Duda is probably more of a question mark than Conforto. Problem is that our bench is going to be loaded with left handed hitters.

I was at the game today and it was so pleasurable seeing Met fans take over Citizens Park but more importantly to treasure this moment - which approx 6 weeks ago - no one could have seen this occurring. What this team did - overcoming the ton of injuries and being 2 games under .500 and 5 1/2 games out of the WC in mid August is indeed a special moment nad I for one am so glad that I trekked down to Philly to be there.

Funny moment from last night with former Met Angel Pagan and fans rushing the field to give Giant fans flowers. Hilarious comment by Vin Scully.

"A couple of kids, trying to steal a moment, slow down the game, running on the field and just taking a big moment on the big stage. They’ve got one of them in right field, and the other one is nailed down by Pagan in left field. And the crowd loved that! They went up to do something with Angel Pagan, but [Pagan] grabbed him and slammed him to the ground, and they’re taking him off the field. […] Doesn’t that bring you back to the ’60s, and the flower children? Oh what, you don’t remember the ’60s? Okay."

I was at the game today and it was so pleasurable seeing Met fans take over Citizens Park but more importantly to treasure this moment - which approx 6 weeks ago - no one could have seen this occurring. What this team did - overcoming the ton of injuries and being 2 games under .500 and 5 1/2 games out of the WC in mid August is indeed a special moment nad I for one am so glad that I trekked down to Philly to be there.
Absolutely no giving up by the manager,players, GM and owners and fans. A 180 compared to that other organization,lol.

Moderator must be a Yankees fan. Why edit my post? Cause I called some whiny little B a "little girl" and a "dumbass"?? Ridiculous. Why don't you guys ban the troll for being a troll instead????

If you guys did this, ya know- what should be done (or at least edit THEIR post) I wouldn't be sitting here using profane language bc the trolls wouldn't be here in the first place to aggravate ppl and stir up BS

-from a reader/former subscription owner of this site for 10+ Years

Last edited:
So silly.

Good point. It's just like these young whipper snappers today who will tell you Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett are the greatest. Idiots. Give me Louis Armstrong or Al Jolson all day, every day.

People just don't realize how good the Philadelphia Athletics, St Louis Browns and Washington Senators were.

Gotta love the 20's.

Last edited:
I went to yesterday's game-ignoring ours- to see Ryan Howard off.Because of the starting time,my friend and I were able to get seats 20 rows behind the Phillies' dugout for a reasonable price.You can really appreciate the speed of the game with that propinquity

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT