ADVERTISEMENT

Let's (loudly) show Hobbs our opinion at the game Tuesday night

Relax. Schiano wanted too much. Get over it.
Agreed and from a basketball perspective, he did hire a good coach and we have a spanking new APC. Who knows? Maybe Hobbs was pushing for Schiano but the BOG turned it down. I think it's still a wait and see scenario until a new coach is hired.

I would think he would be a hero to the basketball fan. He didn’t allow all sports at Rutgers to be hostage to football.

2 assumptions people are making
1. There is an infinite amount of $
2. The revenue boost of a Schiano hire would be more that the cost
I don’t think we have any way of knowing if the revenue boost would’ve been more than the cost, but I do think it’s safe to assume that the revenue loss from not hiring schiano will be catastrophic

I don’t think we have any way of knowing if the revenue boost would’ve been more than the cost, but I do think it’s safe to assume that the revenue loss from not hiring schiano will be catastrophic

probably right

it is a bad situation right now

i threw in the towel last year and didnt renew after 15+ years

Reactions: soundcrib
Hobbs needs to hear it at the basketball games. I encourage everyone to say something to him if they see him. Be polite, it will still hurt his ego.

The epic mess of a football program has gotten even worse and he’s killing off even more fans, donors and $ with what just transpired.

I am not telling people what to do. People have the right to be upset.....

Keep in mind I think the players like Hobbs and his wife. I have seen quite a few, what i thought were, genuine positive interactions.

Whether continued negative chants to the AD could have a negative impact on the game could be a stretch, but you never know.

Reactions: kcg88
I don't blame Hobbs, I blame Schiano. His ego is too big. He was offered an awful lot and he took his toys and went home. He is not an absolute dictator. Somewhere there is a decent coach which I hope we will find. I have lost my twin brother and my wife to cancer and have been fighting cancer myself for 5 years. None of us ever smoked. Family is everything to me. To me the coaching search is not nearly as important but many fans are obsessed with it and Schiano the man who left us high and dry and took every assistant coach with him except for Flood. RU treated him as if he was a god and gave him everything he wanted and he left us

I agree this time with you GRF. I don't want the chants at the game. It could possibly affect the outcome. That isn't right for our players. If people are upset there are other venues they can use.

Keep in mind I think the players like Hobbs and his wife. I have seen quite a few, what i thought were, genuine positive interactions.

Whether continued negative chants to the AD could have a negative impact on the game could be a stretch, but you never know.
The fans didnt do this -- Hobbs reaps what he sews

I don't blame Hobbs, I blame Schiano. His ego is too big. He was offered an awful lot and he took his toys and went home. He is not an absolute dictator. Somewhere there is a decent coach which I hope we will find. I have lost my twin brother and my wife to cancer and have been fighting cancer myself for 5 years. None of us ever smoked. Family is everything to me. To me the coaching search is not nearly as important but many fans are obsessed with it and Schiano the man who left us high and dry and took every assistant coach with him except for Flood. RU treated him as if he was a god and gave him everything he wanted and he left us

Hobbs needs to hear it at the basketball games. I encourage everyone to say something to him if they see him. Be polite, it will still hurt his ego.

The epic mess of a football program has gotten even worse and he’s killing off even more fans, donors and $ with what just transpired.

These two chants:

Hobbs must go!

We want Schiano!

I agree with those that opine that chants and boos at the game are inappropriate. If you don't like the status of the football coach search, e-mail, call or write Hobbs. Do it privately and respectfully. Don't do it at the game to make a spectacle out of it.

Hobbs must go. Its perfectly acceptable for fans to voice their displeasure with his incompetence.

That said he will not show his face there

I just want to win the game. Booing the guy the players and coaches think might have their back could hurt our chances.

I won't lose sleep either way and I won't boo. Might join a pro Schiano chant though

Leave the football mess aside. Focus on the basketball team tomorrow and helping them win. These forums are enough in bashing Hobbs and what has to be done. Yelling at the basketball game is like arguing with the Little League Umpire.

I still believe this will be rectified or else the football program is dust. And when I say rectified; I mean Schiano is hired as the next coach. This is far from over.

Hobbs messed up big time in firing Ash and his offensive coordinator in the middle of the Season. However, you can't blame Hobbs on not locking up Schiano. Schiano wanted too much and the B.O.G. wouldn't go along with it.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Hobbs messed up big time in firing Ash and his offensive coordinator in the middle of the Season. However, you can't blame Hobbs on not locking up Schiano. Schiano wanted too much and the B.O.G. wouldn't go along with it.
Not true. Hobbs didn’t want to give up control of the football program. One man’s ego just destroyed Rutgers athletics.

Reactions: shields
Both are to blame. Schiano overplayed his hand. Hobbs never wanted him anyhows. Get me Hafley and I ll settle for Butch Jones and I ll be happy.

Reactions: RUskoolie
I didn't even want Schiano, they guy flat left us. He was unsuccessful everywhere else he went and we are in a much MUCH larger conference. We can find someone who wants to be here and doesn't have 100K demands.

The Rutgers fans are a disgrace, Hobbs is helping out every single program within RU, yeah football is the money maker but look what he has done elsewhere. The guy knows his shit, yall some clowns

Hobbs is nothing if not a political animal. He calculated that hiring GS with those demands would likely get his head cut off in Trenton where he already has issues. He doesn’t get GS yeah some alums are mad but he believes he’ll find a reasonable alternative to GS and buy himself more time. And that folks is the absolute skinny.

Reactions: littlenis5
I didn't even want Schiano, they guy flat left us. He was unsuccessful everywhere else he went and we are in a much MUCH larger conference. We can find someone who wants to be here and doesn't have 100K demands.

The Rutgers fans are a disgrace, Hobbs is helping out every single program within RU, yeah football is the money maker but look what he has done elsewhere. The guy knows his shit, yall some clowns

Hobbs is a disgrace

Hobbs is nothing if not a political animal. He calculated that hiring GS with those demands would likely get his head cut off in Trenton where he already has issues. He doesn’t get GS yeah some alums are mad but he believes he’ll find a reasonable alternative to GS and buy himself more time. And that folks is the absolute skinny.
Fat chance he finds someone reasonable. He has no idea what it takes to field a winning dootball program. His incompetence will cost the university even more money than he’s already burned

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT