ADVERTISEMENT

Linden 70 The Patrick School 57

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
Linden ran all over the Patrick School tonight in the 4th quarter and defeated The Patrick School 70-57. Tavon Jones scored 35 as The Patrick School could not stop him. I was at the RU-NW game so I did not see the Linden win but I read that Tavon scored 18 in the 4th quarter and just took over the game.

Reactions: RUonBrain
I hope we're recruiting TJ. I don't see anything, but wonder if "Knights" or anyone else knows anything. He will be 1st team All-State!

He was first team All State last year and was second team when he was a soph. Phil Colicchio keeps saying that no player in NJ does as much for his team as Tavon does and I believe that is true of him. He is the only D-1 player that LHS has and he carries his team on his back game in and game out. I don't know if we are still recruiting him or not since we landed Mathis but I know he could play the point or the two and would be a great spark off the bench. He can score, dribble, pass defend and also can rebound. Last night he scored 18 points in the 4th period and finished with 35 vs The Patrick School. He also had 14 rebounds and he is only I think 6'2 1/2" tall. I would love to see him at RU. He would bring instant offense & defense for us off the bench next season and he has an outstanding attitude. He just plays the game. I hope someone can ask Coach tomorrow how recruiting is going at The Court Club meeting.

I wouldn't expect Pikiell to say anything about 2018 recruiting because on paper the class is full and he's not going to say anything about guys possibly leaving the program.

He was first team All State last year and was second team when he was a soph. Phil Colicchio keeps saying that no player in NJ does as much for his team as Tavon does and I believe that is true of him. He is the only D-1 player that LHS has and he carries his team on his back game in and game out. I don't know if we are still recruiting him or not since we landed Mathis but I know he could play the point or the two and would be a great spark off the bench. He can score, dribble, pass defend and also can rebound. Last night he scored 18 points in the 4th period and finished with 35 vs The Patrick School. He also had 14 rebounds and he is only I think 6'2 1/2" tall. I would love to see him at RU. He would bring instant offense & defense for us off the bench next season and he has an outstanding attitude. He just plays the game. I hope someone can ask Coach tomorrow how recruiting is going at The Court Club meeting.

Knights, imagine RU landed Jones. The Linden HS story grows..

How cool that would be. Definitely a good court club question.

I heard that Maryland offered him last week. Was voted Top Ten player in the State as a Sophomore, Top 5 as a Jr., and now could be NJ Player of The Year. As an LHS grad, myself, have seen many good/great Tiger players, but he may be in a class by himself.

Supposedly Phil Colicchio told Tavon before the 4th quarter last night to be ready as he was going to call his number on almost every possession in that quarter. I read that his number was called on 8 of Linden's first 11 possessions in the last quarter. The Patrick School had to take out Manuel and their other big guys as they could not keep up with the small & quick Linden players. They only have one guy 6'3"

I heard that Maryland offered him last week. Was voted Top Ten player in the State as a Sophomore, Top 5 as a Jr., and now could be NJ Player of The Year. As an LHS grad, myself, have seen many good/great Tiger players, but he may be in a class by himself.

That would be quite step up in the caliber of his offers thus far. Up to this point it appears P-5 conference coaches seem to have reservations about whether his game translates well at the highest level of college basketball. He is certainly doing a tremendous job for Linden. I wonder what ever happened to Manuel's supposed imminent commitment? Seems like a kid that unless in love with a particular school might benefit by waiting until March/April.

No, I think Linden plays the winner of Union-Elizabeth on Saturday in the UCT quarter finals. If they win they should play # 1 Roselle Catholic on Feb 20. The UCT has 3 teams in the Top 10 of the state and four in the Top 11. The Tigers have a much better chance in the state tournament but if they should win 3 games they will probably play # 8 in the state, Newark Eastside on the road. That would be the sectional final. LHS was rated the top public school in the state all season until Newark Eastside passed them on Monday after they gave Seton Hall Prep their first loss. Newark Eastside and Linden are now rated the top 2 public schools in the state and they are both in the same Group IV section (north Jersey 2).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT