ADVERTISEMENT

Masterful coaching, well executed

Loyal_2RU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2001
1. Needed to shake things up and he did.

2. Figured out that by starting Simpson he could relax Hyatt by returning him to the sixth man role where he was starting to excel.

3. Got the team relaxed. Flow and fun resulted

4. Great substitution patterns.

5. Great in game adjustments, defensive calls, etc.

6. Couple of key OOB plays.

7. Great game plan. Which included us fouling UM when we were beat. Clearly intentional as it was consistent. Meant they couldn't score and then jump on us defensively. Gave us control of the pace and flow of the game.

Awesome defense.

A lot of hi BBIQ plays out there today.

Great job to the team and the staff. A+ all around, a full game effort. Early on I could feel we had it even when we were behind.

Loyal

Last edited:

2. Figured out that by staying Simpson he could relax Hyatt by returning him to the sixth man shot where he was starting to excel.

7. Great game plan. Which included us fouling UM when we were beat. Clearly intentional as it was consistent. Meant they couldn't score and then jump on us defensively. Gave us control of the pace and flow of the game.

Awesome defense.

Great job to the team and the staff. A+ all around, a full game effort. Early on I could feel we have it even when we were behind.

Loyal
Well said
I Would add second half defense.
Big10 announcer mentioned post game how it’s some of the best d he has ever seen.
It was special.
Great win, sending Michigan home huge!!!

Last edited:
Coach made all the right moves and the guys made plays.

The play where they got it into Dickinson who was posting up Caleb and with no help Caleb was able to make him uncomfortable and get him to force up a bad shot showed me how locked in the guys were on defense. A+ effort.

2. Figured out that by staying Simpson he could relax Hyatt by returning him to the sixth man shot where he was starting to excel.

Awesome defense.

Great job to the team and the staff. A+ all around, a full game effort. Early on I could feel we have it even when we were behind.

Loyal
Great post!

Can’t wait to hear him cry about how the committee does them dirty instead of taking accountability.
Did you see his reaction to Pike tapping him on the chest in the post game handshake line. He's a dirtbag and so the outlier in an otherwise
conference of decent coaches as sportsmen.
Fran may be an in game dick but he overall comports himself well.

Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
Did you see his reaction to Pike tapping him on the chest in the post game handshake line. He's a dirtbag and so the outlier in an otherwise
Didn't see it, what did he do?

I didn't think Howard reacted poorly to that. Usually don't see coaches tap each other on the chest.

Let’s not forget what Derek said in the post game conference. Pike smashed his phone with a hammer in front of the team. Basically said stop worrying about what social media says about you. To me we have begged him to go ape sh*t on a ref ( yes maybe even getting T’d up to light a fire). Well this certainly was the way to do it with no penalty. Love the reaction when the announcers asked Derek if it was a burner phone😎

Didn't see it, what did he do?
Oh it wasn't terrible it was just a sour face walk by without any sportsmanlike behavior. He didn't seemed pleased by the touch but not trying to make it more than what it was from that anger management needing individual.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT