ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling MATCHDAY THREAD: No. 13 Rutgers Wrestling vs. No. 11 Michigan

That's about it for Soldano, he's getting crushed by guys in the 15 to 20 range. He's now a .500 or lower wrestler, I have no idea WTF happened.

Unfortunately this is going to be a wasted season for Soldano. He is just too undersized to be competitive in the B1G. He is getting crushed by midrange guys. Not even just losing by a few points, completely uncompetitive

Reactions: biker7766
this re-exposes some serious issues. way too many weak weight classes. we could have won this or been close until 285. i know transfers are part of the game now, but without them we are in serious trouble. Our 90 mile radius recruiting range to new brunswick is #2/3 in nation.

I miss the old Soldano.. at least he was fun and dangerous last season… sigh
Soldano I believe is not undersized. He has one move that’s extremely dangerous when he goes to his back. He is a tremendous talent. The coaches need to develop him. His move was great in HS…not going to work in college. Especially when other coaches see him and prepare their wrestlers. JMO.

Huh? That's disingenuous. Davison is a 2x AA (5th in 23 and 6th in 22) already, whereas Yara hasn't been an AA.
Try digging into their history before being confused. Yara lost to him 3-2 in SV at NCAA's in the blood round and by 1 pt. their previous match before that. Today, at no point was Yara close to scoring.

Last edited:
Soldano I believe is not undersized. He has one move that’s extremely dangerous when he goes to his back. He is a tremendous talent. The coaches need to develop him. His move was great in HS…not going to work in college. Especially when other coaches see him and prepare their wrestlers. JMO.
He is undersized and it's catching up to him. This weekend put an exclamation point on it.

If not undersized than why does he look tiny next to any top 20 184 pounder? He also seems to be weaker than most of them.

Try digging into their history before being confused. Yara lost to him 3-2 in SV at NCAA's in the blood round and by 1 pt. their previous match before that. Today, at no point was Yara close to scoring.
You're reaching. Just because they wrestle close matches doesn't mean anything. 2xAA.

Reactions: TRU2RU
No just has a hs move that does not work in college. Especially when he has been scouted.
He got dominated again today by a 15th ranked wrestler. Friday it was by the 19th ranked wrestler and was easily handled again. His takedown defense has nothing to do with his high school move. Neither does his abilities when on bottom. You are correct, his offensive skillset at this time is not effective at this level, but it is magnified by the size mismatch.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Poz looked sluggish a couple years ago after a good freshman year as well. Soldano probably needs a redshirt year to either cut to 174 or be a stronger 184

I'm just a long time fan, and a lot of you guys know a hell of a lot more about the ins and outs of wrestling than I do, but I knew enough to realize that today was going to be our first real test. We now have a pretty good idea where we really stand going into the three toughest duals of the season. I'm afraid it isn't going to be pretty, I hope I'm wrong. Go RU!

Team started 3-0 in B1G for the first time … can’t win them all. A few chances to get an upset win this year vs an upper tier B1G.

We should beat Minnesota. It is a down year for them. No Gable Steveson. We are home. They are only favored in three bouts. We win one of the toss-up and we win the match.

Reactions: Skull83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT