ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Brackets

The Princeton kid that Gravina mauled twice, Baker, pinned Dechow earlier this year.

133: WOW! Tyson Dippery (#RUWR) pins in 14 SECONDS and stays alive in the consolation bracket! BOOM!

And at 133 Scott Del Vechchio stays alive w a decision

So we have...8 wrestlers moving on to Day 2 if my math is right? Dipp, Delvecchio, Ash, Theo, Giraldo, JVB, Pagano and Gravina? That might be an all time high for us at Midlands.

Should have Ash and Grav in Semis...Giraldo, Theo, Pagano, Dip, DelV, JVB still alive in consolations.

1. Iowa, IA Iowa, IA (GET) IOWA 15 85.5
2. Nebraska, NE Nebraska, NE (GET) NEB 13 78.5
3. Rutgers, NJ Rutgers, NJ (GET) RUT 14 64.5
4. Arizona State, AZ Arizona State, AZ (GET) ASU 13 62.5
5. Illinois, IL Illinois, IL (GET) ILL 15 58.5
6. NC State, NC North Carolina State, NC (GET) NCSU 15 55.0
7. South Dakota State, SD South Dakota State, SD (GET) SDSU 15 50.0
8. Rider, NJ Rider, NJ (GET) RID 10 49.0
9. Wisconsin, WI Wisconsin, WI (GET) WIS 16 49.0
10. Central Michigan, MI Central Michigan, MI (GET) CMU 15 47.0

We are in 3rd for now and should finish top 6 in the team standings with 8 guys remaining. This is good since we are seen as not even a top 25 tournament team while a bunch of those 4-10 team are (are dual ranking is 12/13 right now)

Ash and Grav are guaranteed a top 6 finish. The consolation crew needs one more win to guarantee a top 8.

What is team score? Are we 3rd?

Iowa, IA Iowa, IA (GET) IOWA 15 85.5
2. Nebraska, NE Nebraska, NE (GET) NEB 13 78.5
3. Rutgers, NJ Rutgers, NJ (GET) RUT 14 64.5
4. Arizona State, AZ Arizona State, AZ (GET) ASU 13 62.5
5. Illinois, IL Illinois, IL (GET) ILL 15 58.5
6. NC State, NC North Carolina State, NC (GET) NCSU 15 55.0
7. South Dakota State, SD South Dakota State, SD (GET) SDSU 15 50.0
8. Wisconsin, WI Wisconsin, WI (GET) WIS 16 49.5
9. Rider, NJ Rider, NJ (GET) RID 10 49

Ashnault HAS to choose neutral if he wants to beat his nemesis Jack tomorrow afternoon. Gravina I think has a legit shot to win the tourney.

Ashnault HAS to choose neutral if he wants to beat his nemesis Jack tomorrow afternoon. Gravina I think has a legit shot to win the tourney.
Yeah, if there is one thing we've learned in the two matches Ash and Jack have wrestled, it's that Jack will get at least 1 min of riding time if given the opportunity.

Ash is wrestling well, I hope he comes out ready today. Gravina is a beast and a Midlands championship would be great for his confidence. If Theo and Giraldo both win they will see each other in wrestlebacks. Did anyone notice there is a kid from South Dakota named "Bye". I thought it was a mistake in the bracket and someone received two bye's in a row. Rutgers has some young guns in the room who are pushing for starting spots, that's the kind of depth we need to improve as a team.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
i still think the refs cheated giraldo more than once in a single match... glad to see him wrestling well at his new weight. just a little bit stronger, and he'll be very dangerous.

i still think the refs cheated giraldo more than once in a single match... glad to see him wrestling well at his new weight. just a little bit stronger, and he'll be very dangerous.
I think we can say that about several of our wrestlers...Giraldo, Paetzall, Mulligan. A year of S&C in the weight room and all 3 will be terrors on the mat next season.

After all preliminary rounds, Friday’s championship finals will air live on BTN TV at 8 p.m. ET. As always, our full TV schedule is here.

New to BTN2Go? It’s free. On the internet, go to www.BTN2Go.com, select your TV provider, sign-in with your TV provider credentials, and you will have full access to BTN2Go’s services. On iOS and Android devices, launch the BTN2Go app (which is free to download in both the App Store and Google Play Store), select your TV provider, sign-in with your TV provider credentials, and you will have full access to BTN2Go. BTN2Go is also on Roku.

- See more at: http://btn.com/2016/12/29/heres-how...ands-championships-live/#sthash.Pek4Obct.dpuf

Reactions: R U Crazy
All unfortunate calls aside, it really is great to see Giraldo wrestling at a high level. Best I've seen since he arrived at Rutgers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clearscreen25
We are in 3rd for now and should finish top 6 in the team standings with 8 guys remaining. This is good since we are seen as not even a top 25 tournament team while a bunch of those 4-10 team are (are dual ranking is 12/13 right now)

Ash and Grav are guaranteed a top 6 finish. The consolation crew needs one more win to guarantee a top 8.

I'm hoping for a top 5 team finish!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT