ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Brackets

Does anyone know around what time ash and gravina wrestle?

my guess is that the semi-final round will be begin around 2:30, as they are using four mats and there are four bouts per weight class to be wrestled in the consolations prior to the semi-final. That would put Ash around 2:45 and Gravina around 3:30, but it all depends on how many pins.

Slightly off topic but Glasgow just beat Griffith in the powerade semis 3-2
I made my family stop shopping in the mall to sit so I could watch the match. Really like Glasgow think he will be a good one. Crazy that, that wasn't a final. Glasgow now has Coy in the finals.

Does anyone know around what time ash and gravina wrestle?

Just wanted to point out if by chance you did not notice, that the individual BTN mat feeds allow you to rewind. So, for example, if you are unable to view the Ashnault match when it airs live later, as long as you know what Mat # that he wrestled on, you can rewind to his match. There is a live clock on the bottom right of screen set to Eastern Standard Time. Personally, yesterday I was using the @RUWrestling twitter messages to alert me about an upcoming match, so when I missed one I had an idea when the match occurred and I would rewind. I saw every match but still was able to do things at home.

I made my family stop shopping in the mall to sit so I could watch the match. Really like Glasgow think he will be a good one. Crazy that, that wasn't a final. Glasgow now has Coy in the finals.
For anyone that was listening, I kept saying how we NEEDED to get Glasgow. He's going to make a HUGE impact once he arrives on campus. This win is even more sweeter since i was secretly rooting for Griff to go to RU too.

Reactions: PSUPOWER

One very cool feature on Flowrestling is that you can view every match at Powerade by scrolling through the following options (using the Glasgow/Griffith match as an example)

flow arena / Powerade/ Brackets / Varsity / 152 pounds / then move cursor above the match you want to view and an arrow pops up allowing you to view the match in its entirety.

Del Vecchio beats Karam 4-2. Looked like there was some jawing going back and forth between the two.

Stick to mats 2 and 4 for Ken Theobold vs. Davion Jeffries (Oklahoma) and Anthony Giraldo vs. Joshua Maruca (ASU), respectively. On deck

Three backups place at the midlands..very impressive
133: SD
149: AG
157: JVB

and we arent done with backups...go Pagano

Reactions: KidDagger
my guess is that the semi-final round will be begin around 2:30, as they are using four mats and there are four bouts per weight class to be wrestled in the consolations prior to the semi-final. That would put Ash around 2:45 and Gravina around 3:30, but it all depends on how many pins.

Update (edited). Semi should start close to my original projection.... unless they have a break

Last edited:
Several MFF's of note;
-- Medbery forfeits to Wood (Wood moves on to finals, facing the Stoll/Tanner winner)
-- Ugalde forfeits to Marinelli
-- Bleise forfeits to Bannister

"Bleise forfeits to Bannister"

Coincidentally, Bannister had the same amount of shots the above match then he did against Giraldo and Theo.

Reactions: jerzey devil
Jeffries.......wow. Just tech'd Theo.
This is shocking to me. Did not see the match while Jeffries is talented I would expect Theo to have a better chance of the tech. I hope he's not injured but Giraldo would fill the slot nicely.

Are we kinda assured a top 5 finish if we get a win in the semifinals?

We seem to be tied for 2nd... but Nebraska has many players left to wrestle in the semis. Likewise Arizona State and NC State and Illinois each have 3 while we have 2

Not sure how the point system goes....

This is shocking to me. Did not see the match while Jeffries is talented I would expect Theo to have a better chance of the tech. I hope he's not injured but Giraldo would fill the slot nicely.
Zain Retherford didn't even tech Theo last year. Jeffries dominated every facet, props to him. Part of me chalks it up to Jeffries being at his best and Theo being at his worst.....or close to it.

Ending of the Gilman- Terao match was great. Terao almost pulls off the upset and then a fight including coaches almost breaks out. Gman is a punk sometimes.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT