ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Brackets

What the heck are they waiting for? What call is NCSt arguing? This happened yesterday and the wrestler was tired as hell and the gave him over 5 minutes to recoup.

Goodale needs to start calling these coaches out publicly for this shit. Even if it wasnt a penalty, Jack would've been rested for OT.

Can someone explain what happened? Many of us could not see it. Why was Anthony disqualified and what was the situation, were they going into overtime?

He wasn;t DQ'd, Jack was awarded a penalty point...At least that is what score says

Yes that is what twitter says.

Rutgers Wrestling ‏@RUWrestling
Official. Jack dec. over Ashnault, 3-2, on a penalty point called as time expired. From a swipe before the period ends. Ash drops to conso.

Man y did Ash have to take that swipe at the end... Hated the way this match ended but AA needs to be more composed... Sigh gotta learn from this

Reactions: PSUPOWER
Can someone explain what happened? Many of us could not see it. Why was Anthony disqualified and what was the situation, were they going into overtime?

Ash took an open handed swipe at Jack's head as time expired. They reviewed it and called Ash for unnecessary roughness, giving Jack a penalty point and the match.

Ash swiped at Jack as time expired, definitely unnecessary but didn't need to be called to decide a match. You can go back and watch yourself if you want.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
Did not see it but.... NCST coach ran in front of the camera right at that whistle. I guuss Ash slapped him with an open hand . After the match you hear the ref explaining that it was an open hand slap. But.... why didn't they see it during the match ?

Ash swiped at Jack as time expired, definitely unnecessary but didn't need to be called to decide a match. You can go back and watch yourself if you want.
I tried to get in to watch and I could not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT