ADVERTISEMENT

Mind blowing

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
Since I am a perpetual rooter for underdogs, I found myself almost rooting for Stonehenge or whatever they call themselves.
The upcoming schedule looks like climbing Mt. Everest for Christ's sake!
Is there any way this team can work somebody into the paint to score? We clearly are not a 3's team with the results we are seeing (sans Seton Hall) but it looks like that is what they keep on trying. Talk about the definition of insanity.
We had a 2 win, quad 4 squad minus 3 starters and only 6 scholarship players push us all over the RAC. The BIG is going to eat this team for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Since I am a perpetual rooter for underdogs, I found myself almost rooting for Stonehenge or whatever they call themselves.
The upcoming schedule looks like climbing Mt. Everest for Christ's sake!
Is there any way this team can work somebody into the paint to score? We clearly are not a 3's team with the results we are seeing (sans Seton Hall) but it looks like that is what they keep on trying. Talk about the definition of insanity.
We had a 2 win, quad 4 squad minus 3 starters and only 6 scholarship players push us all over the RAC. The BIG is going to eat this team for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
We had a guy who could work his way into the paint and shoot or pass out, but many of the ignorant basketball posters among us would constantly tear him apart.

They ran a better half court offense which is embarrassing.

You might be right. But I didn’t notice an extremely well executed offense by Stonehenge U but I did notice their mugsy bogues PG penetrating our defense at all will which occasionally opened opportunities for other stonehenge players

They ran a better half court offense which is embarrassing.
It’s not embarrassing. It’s expected. Lower level players get where they are by knowing the game, playing fundamental ball.

Most High major recruits get where they are by being taller, faster and more athletic, not by being fundamentally sound.

Pike’s model is to out-athlete other teams, including most Big10 teams. Iowa and Wisconsin always have a different approach. They prioritize skilled players over elite athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT