ADVERTISEMENT

More players transferring?

KBEE, considering there are now over 1,000 players in the transfer portal I think it should be mandatory to get vaccinated before entering. I mean it’s getting pretty crowded in there.. somebody could get sick and die. These damn kids don’t care about anybody but themselves.

KBEE, considering there are now over 1,000 players in the transfer portal I think it should be mandatory to get vaccinated before entering. I mean it’s getting pretty crowded in there.. somebody could get sick and die. These damn kids don’t care about anybody but themselves.
Just what we need as the death toll from this pandemic keeps increasing....more comedians.

Reactions: runner3283
Did you hear the rumor from Blockr?
If one person posts it, it will get reposted by someone else hear that remembered seeing a post about it. The big circle jerking of reposting the rumor eventually makes fiction become fact in some peoples minds down the road.
Welcome to TKR! “It’s one big circle jerk” LOL!

idiotic comment

Reactions: Scangg and Kbee3
I don't even remember what story was supposedly overheard at Subway. That Savage was transferring? Tre Timbers head shot was photoshopped?

Chas Dodd talking with his parents about his dissatisfaction with Schiano and the FB program, not about Tom Savage.

Nate Reuvers from Wisconsin in the portal now top. This is insane
A free for all. Amazing what the NCAA created this year. Well, there will certainly be lots to talk about in the off season at least. Team chemistry across the board will be a point of interest and factor in play early I suppose.

Reactions: biazza38
Which (of the 12 or so) Rutgers-centric Podcasts had Chas Dodd on recently?

I so wanted them to ask if he ever really ate at Subway near campus....

Last edited:
Looks like Greg Gard has lost control of the program. 3 players in portal. (This is sarcasm.)
I know you’re joking, but the trajectory of Wisconsin basketball is not a good one right now IMO.

Their team looks very weak, serious issues with S&C. The players on their team who look developed are transfers (Potter)

So if Jones, Harper, Cliff and Mulcahy leave you're okay with it?
Did you even read what I said? I am FINE WITH Myles leaving, Geo, Jacob. I don't blame Pike or the kids. I am only bringing up a hypothetical.
Don't even get into worst poster. I used to follow the current events board and you were the absolute worst, on issues of way more importance than Rutgers basketball.
Pretty silly to be debating hypotheticals.

Reactions: hiwater
Seeing Quinerly playing really well for Bama and remembering many didn't want him here because he would fit well with the team. Ironic how most of the team won't be at RU next year.
There were people who said Marcus Carr wouldn’t fit when they found out he was in the portal. Banana land

Reactions: Scangg
Everyone who is leaving is expected to leave or at least 50/50. There has been no talk of the underclassmen studs leaving except on these boards bc Rutgers fans tend to be doomsday predictors.

We had an amazing season and have a lot of young talent to build around. Who knows... we may even use the portal to bring in upgrades to some who leave. Let's wait to see what the roster looks like before freaking out.

For example, Harrar and Geronimo come in along with a solid PG.... how does the team look then?
we can do better than that

Reactions: Scangg and hiwater
There were people who said Marcus Carr wouldn’t fit when they found out he was in the portal. Banana land
Minnesota had much more talent than RU. Talent alone doesnt win games. I don't want Marcus Carr here. Wnners are guys like Mike Smith who give up individual statistics to help a team win. That's a type a guy I want. I'll take a UCLA Tyger over Carr any day

Minnesota had much more talent than RU. Talent alone doesnt win games. I don't want Marcus Carr here. Wnners are guys like Mike Smith who give up individual statistics to help a team win. That's a type a guy I want. I'll take a UCLA Tyger over Carr any day

Minnesota did not have more talent. Their bench was particularly weak and I can't even remember their fifth starter besides Carr, Kalscheur, Johnson, and Robbins

(I looked it up) It was Both Gach, he of the 74 offensive rating in conference games.

Reactions: Gudenham
Minnesota did not have more talent. Their bench was particularly weak and I can't even remember their fifth starter besides Carr, Kalscheur, Johnson, and Robbins

(I looked it up) It was Both Gach, he of the 74 offensive rating in conference games.
mashburn

Apparently the purpose is so shut-ins like you can make the most noise by getting air time.
And for people like you looking (but failing) to make witty retorts to those who don’t subscribe to the collective view of “correct thinking.”

The mental gymnastics some of our fans go through is mind boggling. I bet if we saw Jacob Young in a different uniform this year and heard he was in the portal, half this board would say he would be a bad fit because he averages 3 TO a game. Minnesota did not have more talent than us

You sure don’t think correctly, I’ll give you that.
If by that you mean I don’t subscribe to sunshine and lollipops thinking about Rutgers basketball 24/7 and make ridiculous claims about an epic turnaround, yeah, you got me there.

4 maybe 5 out of our first 6/7 players that play

Well then why did you make the claim that most of the team would not be back for RU when only 2 so far have put themselves in the portal?

Seeing Quinerly playing really well for Bama and remembering many didn't want him here because he would fit well with the team. Ironic how most of the team won't be at RU next year.

And for people like you looking (but failing) to make witty retorts to those who don’t subscribe to the collective view of “correct thinking.”

The flaw in your view is that you believe people are being sarcastic/frustrated responding to your posts due to some form of "corrective thinking" debate regarding RU - when in fact the real issue is that you are a high volume poster of overall nonsense, clogging almost every thread with idiocy. That being said, no, I won't put you on ignore - because keeping up with the overall train wreck of your book of work on this board entertains me.

The flaw in your view is that you believe people are being sarcastic/frustrated responding to your posts due to some form of "corrective thinking" debate regarding RU - when in fact the real issue is that you are a high volume poster of overall nonsense, clogging almost every thread with idiocy. That being said, no, I won't put you on ignore - because keeping up with the overall train wreck of your book of work on this board entertains me.
Put volume aside for a moment. What is “idiocy” and “nonsense” in your view? Because the complaint that I’ve heard tends to focus on me not being positive enough. Like I’m not going to entertain the idea of an epic turnaround....empirical evidence suggests otherwise. Now if are looking at a macro view since Eddie Jordan was fired? Then we could make that argument. But based on this season? Heck no.

Put volume aside for a moment. What is “idiocy” and “nonsense” in your view? Because the complaint that I’ve heard tends to focus on me not being positive enough. Like I’m not going to entertain the idea of an epic turnaround....empirical evidence suggests otherwise. Now if are looking at a macro view since Eddie Jordan was fired? Then we could make that argument. But based on this season? Heck no.

There are too many to count, such as the propensity to shout at the clouds regarding things that have not even happened. But how about as a specific example we start with wtf you are getting all hot about or referring to in regards to "Epic Turnaround".

The mental gymnastics some of our fans go through is mind boggling. I bet if we saw Jacob Young in a different uniform this year and heard he was in the portal, half this board would say he would be a bad fit because he averages 3 TO a game. Minnesota did not have more talent than us
I could see the arguement where we wouldn’t want a Jacob Young on offense on our team.

jacob’s value is what he brings to the team defensively.

There are too many to count, such as the propensity to shout at the clouds regarding things that have not even happened. But how about as a specific example we start with wtf you are getting all hot about or referring to in regards to "Epic Turnaround".
Because it is Rutgers Al like. An exaggeration of exponential proportions.

Minnesota, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State all have more individual talent than RU put on the floor this season. It is not to say it was a large margin or difference but coaching/system and matchups are what usually are small separate items per team....

Indiana lost 3 times to Rutgers.

Indiana beat Iowa twice....

Iowa beat Michigan State twice....

RU beat Minnesota twice....

RU and MSU split 2 meetings.

Maryland beat Minnesota twice....

Maryland beat Michigan State twice.

Minnesota defeated Michigan Iowa and Ohio State (RU, Maryland, Indiana and Michigan State did not do much against those 3 teams).

All of these criss cross matchups are either drastically different matchups or huge coaching discrepancies. It is not a much coaching as it is how your best players style of play, impacts your team over an extended period of time. If your best player is a guard and is dominating the ball and taking the most shots, you have very little chance of winning against similar competition or better teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT