ADVERTISEMENT

More to this JP Parking all most sounds....

runuts

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
HOWELL
like someone pissed in someones Cheerio's. I was speaking with my ticket rep about the whole Johnson Park parking situation and I was told that they where totally caught of guard. I can believe it because looking at my ticket package and the parking JP is listed as available parking. For the county to spring this on Rutgers something is wrong here that we do not know. In addition to the removal of the fan parking lot the county or the parks department got rid of the free lot for police and emergency care workers. The thing that really got me however is the fact that they were told anyone seen dropping off on River Road, Landing Lane or any of the Johnson Park roads will be immediately ticketed, for what I don't know. Ticket office said they are now scrambling for additional parking so stay tuned.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
If this really is due to the county being sued for use of the park that was paid for with limited use "Green Acres" funds, that's so typical of NJ. Ruin a lot of other people's fun by taking the time & effort to sue the fricken county because you see other people having fun 7 Saturdays a year in a park that otherwise sees little usage. Go take your Saturday morning jog elsewhere for a few weeks, doo-gooder.

Then again, if the county is in a snit with Rutgers, the county bureaucrat who pulled this can get stuffed.

The parking thing is bad. But not being able to drop off folks on River Road is also pretty bad. I take River Road in to every game and while the traffic can be frustrating, a do see a lot of people with mobility issues getting dropped off there. Where does the county expect them to go?

Reactions: gigantor1024
They really stinks. Rutgers has a lot of nearby school parking lots so hopefully that can open those up, but some are not easy to get to, yet they are close enough to the stadium to walk there.

You can't ticket people for dropping off passengers, that would not be enforceable as there would be no underlying statute to point to.
I could see where they go after people getting out of cars on River Road without the driver pulling to the side first. Even those stopped dead in traffic.

Is that what 39:4-67 says?

Reactions: LadyRU09
I could see where they go after people getting out of cars on River Road without the driver pulling to the side first. Even those stopped dead in traffic.
Well that is a different story as that may be illegal. Can't stop people from pulling into the shoulder though. And if there is no shoulder, I doubt you could realistically ticket someone for letting a passenger exit a car, even in the middle of the road.

I wonder if Buccleuch will still be open? Thats a city park so hopefully not involved. Its very convenient and a short walk. The best part is you don't have to deal with traffic getting out of there

I've been to the city of NB's website earlier in the week and they still have the old info that it's $20 and no parking for night games. I also didn't see Buccleuch on RU's gameday parkign map, yet St. George is. http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/2017/6/11/facilities-parking-html.aspx

The LEO issue with JP brings up another issue. Will buses still arrive/depart there and will there be pedestrian traffic control between JP and HPSS. If you are walking from Buccleuch, that is where you cross, plus all the students coming in on the buses.

For me, plan B is park behind the Barn and take the bus over. Plan C is the RAC.

If this really is due to the county being sued for use of the park that was paid for with limited use "Green Acres" funds, that's so typical of NJ. Ruin a lot of other people's fun by taking the time & effort to sue the fricken county because you see other people having fun 7 Saturdays a year in a park that otherwise sees little usage. Go take your Saturday morning jog elsewhere for a few weeks, doo-gooder.

Then again, if the county is in a snit with Rutgers, the county bureaucrat who pulled this can get stuffed.
The park wasn't purchased with Green Acres funds. It was donated by the Johnson family.

Reactions: czxqa
There's cards now. Do you have one?
No. I'm pretty much done in the 43rd. Resigned my position a few weeks ago.
Move is tomorrow, temporarily to the 87th, then the 52-3rd, my hometown.
There really are cards? That's funny. Wonder what the reaction would be from a State Trooper.

No. I'm pretty much done in the 43rd. Resigned my position a few weeks ago.
Move is tomorrow, temporarily to the 87th, then the 52-3rd, my hometown.
There really are cards? That's funny. Wonder what the reaction would be from a State Trooper.

I think he only hands them out to 4-3 bar floozies, but I'm not sure. Pretty funny, though.

The park wasn't purchased with Green Acres funds. It was donated by the Johnson family.

The Johnson Family donated the original 100 acres. The park is now 473 acres in size, with some funding from Green Acres.

This isn't Rutgers fault or the county's fault. It's the way Green Acres funds work.

The parking thing is bad. But not being able to drop off folks on River Road is also pretty bad. I take River Road in to every game and while the traffic can be frustrating, a do see a lot of people with mobility issues getting dropped off there. Where does the county expect them to go?

Rutgers just announced a partnership with Lyft (http://www.scarletknights.com/news/2017/8/21/football-gameday-gets-new-look.aspx). They have to be able to drop off passengers somewhere.

MIddlesex County has an ad running on CNBC featuring New Brunswick, Rutgers and RWJUH.. so they are okay selling themselves on what Rutgers has brought to New Brunswick and the County.. but they do not want to support Rutgers.

Who do these people think they are? Out with the lot of them. I'm a Middlesex County voter.. out they go on my ballot.

Here is the current Board of Chosen Freeholders

Middlesex County should just grant/sell that land in front of the stadium to Rutgers... or maybe Rutgers trades/buys them some land somewhere else.

Reactions: Scarlet16E
Can Sen. Lesniak step in here? At worst, he can screw with Middlesex County if they are screwing with RU.

That or g-d forbid our competent Governor would step in do something.
Need to get this on the 101.5 FM radio station.

MIddlesex County has an ad running on CNBC featuring New Brunswick, Rutgers and RWJUH.. so they are okay selling themselves on what Rutgers has brought to New Brunswick and the County.. but they do not want to support Rutgers.

Who do these people think they are? Out with the lot of them. I'm a Middlesex County voter.. out they go on my ballot.

Here is the current Board of Chosen Freeholders

Middlesex County should just grant/sell that land in front of the stadium to Rutgers... or maybe Rutgers trades/buys them some land somewhere else.

Try to use the Middlesex County Website to give Feedback. It absolutely sucks... the screen kept coming green ... unable to Submit. What an Ffffffffff joke Middlesex County is. And I am a Resident in this county.

It is interesting that Hobbs or the Athletic Dept has not yet released an official statement on the exact reason Middlesex County is not cooperating with Rutgers.

Maybe if they (Hobbs /RU) did this , it would put enough pressure on Middlesex County Parks & Rec Commissioner Rick Lear to come to some kind of agreement with RU to open the parking lot.

resized%20-%20Rick%20Lear.jpg

Rick Lear Director of Parks and Recreation Contact me

Office of Parks and Recreation
1030 River Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854

Phone - (732) 745-3900

It's interesting that this address is very close to RU Stadium, almost across street from the Greek Church.

That or g-d forbid our competent Governor would step in do something.
Need to get this on the 101.5 FM radio station.
Please stop. This isnt a political issue at all. Don't be stupid... if you can avoid it.

I swear, Rutgers is the only state university where the state that it resides does not play nice with. All the major school down here the state and the local media both roll out the red carpet for. It is true, Jersey eats their young.

I swear, Rutgers is the only state university where the state that it resides does not play nice with. All the major school down here the state and the local media both roll out the red carpet for. It is true, Jersey eats their young.
Another uniformed post. I guess people love being stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT