ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rentschler Field

jaydogsmooth1

Senior
Jul 28, 2021
Went up for the USA-Germany game on Saturday
Not impressed. Other than no bad seats in the house, and an impressive looking press box, nothing stood out to me.

Close parking on grass looked good, parking in distant lot was a mess
Area around stadium isn't nice - add in airport buildings and business park, and it felt like we were at the mall

Stadium itself is a dump - got a creepy vibe as well, can't explain it but definitely weird

Concessions and line for ponchos were ridiculous
Bathrooms one way in, same way out - surprised that's still allowed in 2023

With no in state recruiting, playing 45 minutes from campus in barely a P5 conference and little historical success, that program is done
I'd seriously consider going FCS, unless they need the FB body bag game money to help fund hoops

Reactions: Wagram97
Least favorite of all (50+) stadiums pro and collegiate I have attended. I do not know how you have a blank slate and state funding and thatis what you come up with.

When I saw the title of your post I figured it was going to talk about them shutting it down and blowing it up once and for all. Guess they aren't ready for that just yet. I went up for a Rutgers game back in the Big East days. Piece of junk and nowhere near campus. I do remember the concessions being decent back then. I will never forget they had some jackass right next to the visitors section with a bull horn yelling shit at us all game. Eventually the RU fans got after him and finally security yanked him out of there. That place sucked.

When I saw the title of your post I figured it was going to talk about them shutting it down and blowing it up once and for all. Guess they aren't ready for that just yet. I went up for a Rutgers game back in the Big East days. Piece of junk and nowhere near campus. I do remember the concessions being decent back then. I will never forget they had some jackass right next to the visitors section with a bull horn yelling shit at us all game. Eventually the RU fans got after him and finally security yanked him out of there. That place sucked.
Sounds like a wonderful trip! 😂

With no in state recruiting, playing 45 minutes from campus in barely a P5 conference and little historical success, that program is done
I'd seriously consider going FCS, unless they need the FB body bag game money to help fund hoops
Actually, now they're no conference. And they're definitely not 'P'.

That said, many of our 'fans' are thirsting after their 1-5 coach. Yep, grass is always greener in CT apparently.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Been there years ago and agree. Had to park way down an old runway and walk past mostly students who threw F bombs and trash as visiting fans passed by. That fan base deserves the rotting program.
That’s why HC Mora says P5 Teams are ducking UCONN to play them. LMAO

Reactions: cicero grimes
Why is that stadium a host to so many US mens and womens FIFA games? Of all places. Embarrassing for our country

Went up for the USA-Germany game on Saturday
Not impressed. Other than no bad seats in the house, and an impressive looking press box, nothing stood out to me.

Close parking on grass looked good, parking in distant lot was a mess
Area around stadium isn't nice - add in airport buildings and business park, and it felt like we were at the mall

Stadium itself is a dump - got a creepy vibe as well, can't explain it but definitely weird

Concessions and line for ponchos were ridiculous
Bathrooms one way in, same way out - surprised that's still allowed in 2023

UConn was lucky that we had such an incompetent AD for so long (Gruninger). The upgrades with Mulcahey, Pernetti, and now Hobbs, despite small setback with Julie H, has us on a track to potentially make them the next UMass of New England overall.

I live in Connecticut and am friends with many UCONN alums. There was a lot of excitement when the stadium was built. UCONN was playing well and there were a lot of plans for that area. Both have stagnated. Their biggest mistake was building that stadium so far from campus. It seems they’ve learned from their mistake as UCONN recently built top-notch baseball and soccer stadiums on campus. However, football will be UCONN’s Achilles heel in their attempt to join a P5 (P4?) conference.

Reactions: biker7766
I live in Connecticut and am friends with many UCONN alums. There was a lot of excitement when the stadium was built. UCONN was playing well and there were a lot of plans for that area. Both have stagnated. Their biggest mistake was building that stadium so far from campus. It seems they’ve learned from their mistake as UCONN recently built top-notch baseball and soccer stadiums on campus. However, football will be UCONN’s Achilles heel in their attempt to join a P5 (P4?) conference.
Hockey too. Or soon.

Went to the Ray Rice breakout game in the pouring rain many years ago. Someone put glass bottles under the tires of all the cars that had block R magnets in the parking lot.

Reactions: biker7766
That’s the only stadium that I’ve ever been to where I was physically accosted by students. I wasn’t even doing anything, but the drunk idiots needed to start pushing me just because I was wearing my Rutgers colors. That place is a cold, windy, and now empty dump. I don’t ever want to play them again.

That’s the only stadium that I’ve ever been to where I was physically accosted by students. I wasn’t even doing anything, but the drunk idiots needed to start pushing me just because I was wearing my Rutgers colors. That place is a cold, windy, and now empty dump. I don’t ever want to play them again.
I would only entertain that if:
- it was a bought game
or
- their home game was played at MetLife if they demanded (🤣) a series.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Reading these Rentschler reviews, I am glad that I never had the pleasure of visiting there. But I'm guessing the atmosphere is more subdued these days.

WVU says "hold my cousin wife's beer" - maybe not the students as much but their redneck ass fans. Most vile people I ever met.
At least, at UConn- you knew you could just grab them by their turned up polo collars or sweaters tied around their necks and throw them across their BMW's.

WVU says "hold my cousin wife's beer" - maybe not the students as much but their redneck ass fans. Most vile people I ever met.
At least, at UConn- you knew you could just grab them by their turned up polo collars or sweaters tied around their necks and throw them across their BMW's.
Never got that vibe from the rank and file UCan’t fan group.

Had a much lower opinion of their station in life.

Never got that vibe from the rank and file UCan’t fan group.

Had a much lower opinion of their station in life.
Yeah the preppy CT residents wouldn't be caught dead attending UConn. They're all Ivy bound if they're WASPs or BC/ND/Georgetown bound if they're Catholic. UConn alums and fans only go there as a safety school.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I would only entertain that if:
- it was a bought game
or
- their home game was played at MetLife if they demanded (🤣) a series.
There's zero chance Greg ever agrees to play UConn at the Rent. If Hobbs/Greg sign off on a UConn series, it'd be 2 games at RU Stadium and 1 game at either MetLife or Gilette Stadium.

There's zero chance Greg ever agrees to play UConn at the Rent. If Hobbs/Greg sign off on a UConn series, it'd be 2 games at RU Stadium and 1 game at either MetLife or Gilette Stadium.
No deal. 👎

Why would any Stadium even ren it out for this game or Rutgers pay the fee to do so.

Well there's always Wagner

NUA3V2M.jpg

Many of us have been there - it's a shithole dropped in an industrial yard on the wrong side of Hartford.

Only thing worse was the UConn fanbase.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT