ADVERTISEMENT

Much has been made . . .

miker183

All Conference
Sep 14, 2014
about the kids that decommit. I can understand the frustration, but they're kids looking for something better (which they MAY or MAY NOT find.)

But, I am extremely ticked off at Henry. This guy was given an opportunity, all the while talking about how much Ash meant to him, and he leaves the program this late in the game?? What kind of loyalty is that? This ain't a 17 year old kid, this is a grown man earning a salary.

The article by Sargent suggests that Henry was thrilled with the opportunity to learn "half of what Ash knew", I guess he thought after one season he had learned all he could. Don't wish him well at all, hope his career fizzles before it starts, and he ends up looking for any job at all just to stay around the game. I don't want people like this around a program when we are trying to develop young kids into upstanding men, and hard working football players while they are playing.

The guy is a joke!!!

Reactions: RUinSC
about the kids that decommit. I can understand the frustration, but they're kids looking for something better (which they MAY or MAY NOT find.)

But, I am extremely ticked off at Henry. This guy was given an opportunity, all the while talking about how much Ash meant to him, and he leaves the program this late in the game?? What kind of loyalty is that? This ain't a 17 year old kid, this is a grown man earning a salary.

The article by Sargent suggests that Henry was thrilled with the opportunity to learn "half of what Ash knew", I guess he thought after one season he had learned all he could. Don't wish him well at all, hope his career fizzles before it starts, and he ends up looking for any job at all just to stay around the game. I don't want people like this around a program when we are trying to develop young kids into upstanding men, and hard working football players while they are playing.

The guy is a joke!!!
Be careful...all the apologists for mediocrity will attack you.

Be careful...all the apologists for mediocrity will attack you.

It's okay, I've got a tin ear, broad shoulders and a thick skin. I'd be shocked if people don't view Henry's leaving as a betrayal.

Leaving, if a better job exists, I get. Screwing the HC that gave you a shot two weeks before signing day is as simple as stabbing him in the back. He can defend it all he wants, but this stinks of something fowl.

Reactions: RC71
Welcome for the world of big time football. When is was announced that we hired Kill a lot of people where asking is there were any recruits he could flip.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
It's okay, I've got a tin ear, broad shoulders and a thick skin. I'd be shocked if people don't view Henry's leaving as a betrayal.

Leaving, if a better job exists, I get. Screwing the HC that gave you a shot two weeks before signing day is as simple as stabbing him in the back. He can defend it all he wants, but this stinks of something fowl.
It smells like chicken?

I don't have any problem with him leaving. He got a much better job. If he was this influential with the kids the boss, i.e., head coach, should've recognized that and made sure that Henry was taken care of.

Reactions: rockyrutgers
shady move by Henry..Ash gives him this level of job from a GA,,makes him lead recruiter for several big recruits that Ru needs to rebuild the program..and guy bolts two weeks before signing day?? Funny hes also going to a staff where the HC may be on less stable ground then Ash..
something does smell with this move.by Henry .

Last edited:
I find this idea that a coach that leaves RU must be somehow disloyal very strange. It's. A. Job. Nothing more. There's very little loyalty in either direction in coaching. If Henry didn't produce, people here would be calling for his head, not saying we should retain him out of a grand sense of fanbase loyalty. You all know it. He knows it. Everybody knows it.

He had a better opportunity; he took it. Get over it.

Same goes for commits. They do what works for them. Sometimes, they change their minds or use RU as a backup. Big deal. It happens to teams a hell of lot better than us right now.

In many cases, RU is the right place for players; they honor their commitments, play for RU and then go on to do great things (Leonard, The McCourty twins, Ryan, Sanu, Carroo, and on and on).

All the bipolar gnashing of teeth and sky-is-falling posts are ridiculous.

shady move by Henry..Ash gives him this level of job from a GA,,makes him lead recruiter for several big recruits that Ru needs to rebuild the program..and guy bolts two weeks before signing day?? Funny hes also going to a staff where the HC may be on less stable ground then Ash..
something does smell with this move.by Henry .
Maybe it was a decision Ash and Kill made based on the scheme they want to run. Maybe they encouraged Henry to take the job just as Urban encouraged Ash to take this job. Maybe there's another coach lined up as part of a bigger plan for the future. I'm not panicking over the things that have transpired over the past few days. We are rebuilding, and it's still a miracle that we've recruited as well as we have given the dumpster fire we've been for a few years now. We hired a first-time HC and he has a learning curve, as does Hobbs. Most people on here like the Kill hire, and there are people out there who would not only like to work for Ash, but with Kill. Give the rebuild a chance and stop being overly emotional about things that happen in big-boy football.

As for it being a "shady move by Henry," maybe he knew a month ago that he was going to NC State but arranged to stay an additional two weeks here to help us recruit before he left. The players don't have as many options when it's late in the game because other rosters/schollies fill up, so let's not panic as we rebuild (with limited funds).

Reactions: mildone
Really? If someone offered you a raise with twice the salary you wouldn't jump at it?

The guy is a joke!!!
I guess you are another one who is going to tell us that they would turn down a $100K raise and a promotion.

Reactions: Rokodesh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT