ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Mulcahy / McConnell both OUT, Simpson expected to start

f***. I really hope that we are not being OVER cautious with Caleb. Look at what the early season losses did to us last year! I hope we aren't "saving" him .

We have enough pieces to play in the next few games with both players healing up. Mag, Hyatt, Simpson and Spencer are more than capable, mix in some Jalen Miller and that's more than fine.

Injuries create chaos but also opportunities to learn and develop fast....Simpson getting trial by fire like Geo Baker in 2017 is perfect.

f***. I really hope that we are not being OVER cautious with Caleb. Look at what the early season losses did to us last year! I hope we aren't "saving" him .
Trust pike (well, the training staff more likely). Injuries happen, next man up.

Man, if Caleb isn't ready for this game, when will he be ready? Amazing how this team is always good for putting us on an emotional rollercoaster.

🥱🥱🥱
Wake me when we play Miami still have enough scoring and defense to win the next three. We just get more of a glimpse of what next year's team will look like.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Really think so?
Temple couldn't beat Wagner or Vandy and now they have internal issues with Battle

This is while Dunn is shooting 60% from 3 when he shot 30% last year and 18% the year before. Dunn comes back to earth eventually and playing Rutgers who had a week to prepare seems like the logical game for that to happen

Reactions: Corycord1
I hope the usual suspects don't get the opportunity to jump off the bandwagon. Unfortunately a frosh playing in only his 4th game will be expected to more than planned for.

Temple couldn't beat Wagner or Vandy and now they have internal issues with Battle

This is while Dunn is shooting 60% from 3 when he shot 30% last year and 18% the year before. Dunn comes back to earth eventually and playing Rutgers who had a week to prepare seems like the logical game for that to happen
Playing in an empty and unfamiliar arena may lower his 3 percentage as well.

Yikes. Much more worried about Paul than Caleb at this point.
I am opposite - both because Caleb is now in month two of recovery with no sign of return, and because I think he is more critical to the team reaching its true ceiling - Mag is a very good defender, but Caleb produces wing/perimeter defense, some chaos, and some swagger. I actually think Paul missing time has some benefits as it speeds up the DS process.

Any chance Caleb is milking it since he already got his NIL?

I don't actually think this but plenty of people said NIL would disincentive guys from playing.
Note - those people are dumb.

I expect to find out if Mag got game with Caleb out.
If Derek is as good as advertised and can handle the college game so early in his career
and making him and Paul a strength that when one is out the other covers the position so there's no drop-off with each using their strengths to make the PG position a strength no matter which one of them are playing
If Aundre can use the year he has in the system to show he got the right stuff
If Cam can be like Geo and help RU overcome obstacles
If when truly needed Omo will rise to the occasion
If Jalen makes RU fans feel Miller time is a good one when he comes into the game.
and the rest of the team does their part to back them in showing that the RU MBB team is a
balanced one that when one or two are down, others will step up to do the job and bring home the win.

Any chance Caleb is milking it since he already got his NIL?

I don't actually think this but plenty of people said NIL would disincentive guys from playing.
Note - those people are dumb.
Caleb didn't come back to sit the bench if he's healthy and "milk it". That's absurd. He's trying to showcase his talents for his pro career.

Could he err on the side of caution and not want to return too soon? Possibly, but that isn't milking it nor do we know that is the case

Reactions: NickRU714
I cannot stand “Next man up”. It’s as though the next guy is expected to play at the level of the guy he sat on the bench behind. These injuries are concerning.
Of course I'd rather have Paul and Caleb starting. But they aren't. The next guys in the rotation need to step up and perform. You play the hand with the cards you're dealt. Re: Caleb, his minutes to this point have gone to Mag, Hyatt, Wolf... now it's time for Simpson to start and Miller to likely play more minutes, like it or not. They are B1G scholarship players and should be good enough to compete tonight. Go do it!

I am opposite - both because Caleb is now in month two of recovery with no sign of return, and because I think he is more critical to the team reaching its true ceiling - Mag is a very good defender, but Caleb produces wing/perimeter defense, some chaos, and some swagger. I actually think Paul missing time has some benefits as it speeds up the DS process.
Mulcahy is the best playmaker on the team .Passes to Cliff for dunks and Spencer in the corners for 3 pointers could be impacted with his not playing .

The announcer said Paul's injury was a "stinger" which is better than some other injuries, like a partial rotator cuff tear or an AC joint injury. Should get better with time/treatment.

👌

The lack of information is what is troubling many “ Coach Pikiell ‘s quote said it all. “ Caleb is getting closer.” We want him to be fully healthy so when he returns he can play at his normal frenetic pace. Most here knew this was going to happen tonite. No Paul …No Caleb. This is actually a very good thing .It will test the youngsters in what will be a difficult season of B1G MBB. Paul and Caleb will be back . Let’s see if we can keep it close?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT