ADVERTISEMENT

My exhaustive list of intriguing transfer candidates (and ongoing transfer watch)

Welcome to the New Era in college sports, where kids can transfer at will. Not just those transferring down because they were not able to make it at their current level, or for the kids way deep on the bench. Position regulars, guys and gals that blow up and think they should be at a bigger program. Imagine a team losing three starters to graduation and two transferring. And playing immediately because virtually any pretext will serve to get a hardship? Remember when Louisville came courting Quincy Douby two seasons in a row? Now it would be easier. We know what Pitino was selling--sex and money. That will feature in some of these transfers.
TL

And your thoughts on a HC signing a 5 year extension and leaving for another school 2 weeks later ?

Didn't make my list but possibly should have since he shot very very well in 2017-18 but fell off this year. He's originally from California.

He would've been a Stallings recruit. Capel probably thinks (not mistakenly) he can upgrade on all of those.

I looked and he was part of a 7 player recruiting class in 2017 with 4 guards and was not highly recruited.

He's going to end up at a top-25 team, maybe Gonzaga:

#2 on my wish list which I will update soon. Would be HUGE to get him on campus for a visit.

Reactions: RUby RED
Quinerly is officially on the market:

Working on a new "wish list" that I should have for later today.

Updated wishlist. This is a rough order, not exact. And it's leaving off guys who I think are out of our range (Sestina, Lewis, Proctor, Jenkins, Pierce, etc).

Joel Ntambwe (FR)
Pat Andree (Grad)
Shakur Juiston (Grad)
Cameron Tyson (FR)
Haanif Cheatham (Grad)
Anthony Duruji (SO)
Donnell Gresham (Grad)
Jaire Grayer (Grad)
Akwasi Yeboah (Grad)
Chase Audige (FR)
Noah Baumann (SO)
Dominik Olejniczak (Grad)
Lavar Harewood (Grad)
Jared Bynum (FR)
LJ Owens (FR)
Jeff Pollard (Grad)
Anthony Massinton-Bonner (Grad)
Jahvon Quinerly (FR)

Last edited:
Went to Blair Academy, then redshirted at Wyoming, then transferred to Miami where he got an immediately-eligible waiver. Didn't really look ready for high-major ball and now he's on the move again:

Top-150 recruit last year, already run out of Bloomington. 6-8 forward from Harrisburg PA. High school teammate of Cam Reddish.

Originally from Turkey. Not really a shooter but he's a good scorer inside. Had 14/8 against us this season.

Big South Freshman of the Year. His #1 similarity score on KenPom? That would be Seth Curry's 2009 freshman year at Liberty.

82 points in four games against UCLA, Dayton, Butler, and Marquette. Can really shoot it.

Not a transfer but a Nebraska de-commit:

Originally from Syracuse, he played high school ball in New Hampshire. Not sure we ever recruited him originally but Geo is from NH so maybe there are some connections worth tapping into.

Adams-Woods has attended New Hampton School for two years and has played in the prestigious NEPSAC basketball league. He had a terrific year at New Hampton, where he finished the 2018-19 season as a first-team All-NEPSAC Class AAA all-star. Adams-Woods has an innate feel for the point guard spot and has always been a capable scorer. He averaged 19 points, shot 56.8 percent from inside the arc and 42.5 percent from the 3-point line this season. Adams-Woods also averaged 6.2 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 1.9 steals per game.

To the surprise of no one:

He's going to be the least athletic Kentucky player since... I don't even know when. But he can definitely play.

Not a transfer but a Nebraska de-commit:

Originally from Syracuse, he played high school ball in New Hampshire. Not sure we ever recruited him originally but Geo is from NH so maybe there are some connections worth tapping into.

Sounds like Hoiberg is pushing all but 1 2019 player and 1 of the 2020 kids to look elsewhere. Don’t fit what he wants to do. If they say they want to explore their options he is telling them you don’t have NU as an option now. He isn’t flat out cutting them but don’t care if they leave.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Reading your list when does it become easier to list who isn’t transferring? Ha

I keep waiting for a changeover from "guys announcing a transfer" to "guys committing." Obviously there was the Sestina news today but new transfers are still heavily outpacing commitments.

I keep waiting for a changeover from "guys announcing a transfer" to "guys committing." Obviously there was the Sestina news today but new transfers are still heavily outpacing commitments.

Some may be waiting to see what new coaches might contact them. Others may be finding out they aren’t that hot a commodity.

Reactions: kcg88
Kids who are transferring will start taking visits next week(end).

Reactions: kcg88
From my list, pass-first PG who would sit out a year. Doesn't seem like we're in.

Updates on my guys. Spoilers: It's a whole lot of nothing as far as Rutgers is concerned. No idea what the staff is planning on doing with the last two scholarships.

Joel Ntambwe (FR) - Looks like a UConn lean but he didn't commit on his visit there and Rutgers has expressed interest.
Pat Andree (Grad) - Visiting NC State this weekend, then Kansas State, then TCU. Doesn't seem like Rutgers is in the mix.
Shakur Juiston (Grad) - There was some smoke about him going to San Diego State... Haven't seen anything else.
Cameron Tyson (FR) - No updates that I can find on him.
Haanif Cheatham (Grad) - Visiting Nebraska, Nevada, and Alabama.
Anthony Duruji (SO) - Visiting Florida... VCU also in the mix.
Donnell Gresham (Grad) - Nothing on him
Jaire Grayer (Grad) - Nothing.
Akwasi Yeboah (Grad) - All is silent here.
Chase Audige (FR) - Nothing.
Noah Baumann (SO) - Final three of Grand Canyon, USC, and UCSB.
Dominik Olejniczak (Grad) - Nothing on him.
Lavar Harewood (Grad) - Nothing on him. It's not even clear he's actually transferring.
Jared Bynum (FR) - Visiting Seton Hall, Butler, and Providence.
LJ Owens (FR) - Can't find anything on him.
Jeff Pollard (Grad) - Decided to return to Washington State.
Anthony Massinton-Bonner (Grad) - Nothing on him.
Jahvon Quinerly (FR) - Nothing on him just yet.

This is the guy who lit us up:

Of course, that was his best game of the entire year. Only a 34% three-point shooter for the season and sub-40% inside the arc.

Reactions: shields
This is the guy who lit us up:

Of course, that was his best game of the entire year. Only a 34% three-point shooter for the season and sub-40% inside the arc.

Stats withstanding, Honor is a high major guard.....anyone who saw him live, would walk away knowing he can play anywhere in the B1G without question. My guess is a UCF with Johnny Dawkins may be a preferred destination, he is from Florida, near @RussWood I believe.

Stats withstanding, Honor is a high major guard.....anyone who saw him live, would walk away knowing he can play anywhere in the B1G without question. My guess is a UCF with Johnny Dawkins may be a preferred destination, he is from Florida, near @RussWood I believe.
Nick went to Lake Highland Prep in Orlando. UCF has four available scholarships and its starting PG entered the transfer portal today.

Two new shooters in the portal: Oakland's Jaevin Cumberland and Nevada's Jazz Johnson.

Cumberland originally from Ohio, Johnson from Oregon (so probably likely). But I'd love to have either.

Didn't even make my big original list because of lack of shooting (sub-30% from three this past year). St. Joe's has also not been very good with him as the focal point.

Figueroa had some huge games and is very good. I would think he would have to sit out? I know he played JUCO and this past season at St. John's.

Actually the St. John's transfers should all be able to get waivers to play right away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT