ADVERTISEMENT

My exhaustive list of intriguing transfer candidates (and ongoing transfer watch)

The team needs a forward that can drain 3s

If they don't get one via grad transfer they won't compete in the conference next season

I think placing your hopes on a "grad transfer" for next season when Pikiell has only landed one in his tenure here and hasn't really shown much interest in too many others is probably putting too much pressure on one thing. I think Pikiell knows what kind of player he's looking for and whether it's a JUCO, a freshman or a grad transfer there are chances to improve the roster. Who thought Caleb McConnell would be a key this season when everyone had their eggs in Tai Strickland's basket on this board.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Last edited:
Here's a Top 100 Transfer list: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-basketball-transfer-rankings-2019-20-2020-21

Yeboah 20th/50th for grad transfers.

Chase Audige 36th, Cameron Tyson 41st (of 50) for sit-out transfers... I would love to get either of those.

This list is missing some guys (the Oakland PG Braden Norris should be on here) but it's some more names to peruse.
Thanks for all the updates. It’s Been very quiet across the board for all transfers. I assume over the next 4 weeks activity should really take off.

It seems like Rutgers recruits are not always publicized. You see a lot of activity about players on twitter, but Rutgers seems like they keep their recruits close to the vest.

Reactions: AD888
USC coach previously at Dunk City (FGCU). A 3-point shooter should feel comfortable at USC.

Okay, I've updated the OP to include snippets on most of the guys who I've posted here that have added themselves to the portal since I posted.

Updated (realistic-ish) wishlist, in rough order:

LJ Figueroa (SO)
Joel Ntambwe (FR)
Shakur Juiston (Grad)
Cameron Tyson (FR)
Haanif Cheatham (Grad)
Braden Norris (FR)
Kevin Easley Jr. (FR)
Chase Audige (FR)
Adam Flagler (FR)
RJ Cole (SO)
Carter Skaggs (Grad)
Cam Lard (SO)
Akwasi Yeboah (Grad)
Matt Milon (Grad)
Dominik Olejniczak (Grad)
Donnell Gresham (Grad)
Lavar Harewood (Grad)
Matt Weir (SO)
LJ Owens (FR)
Alihan Demir (Grad)
Keith Stone (Grad)

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I don't think Cole will come to Rutgers. Mulcahy and McConnell will most likely split a lot of games next season until one is proven over the other.

The SBU transfer has potential. Pikiell has the in, and knows the kid, and coming from SBU, you could almost guarantee they have talked quite a bit. Jay Young could try to recruit him as well, but his play is well over Fairfield potential.

Who is Rutgers swinging for at the moment besides the SBU kid? Is there anybody out there?

Saw R.J. Cole during his freshman year. He had 16 points and 6 assists and all game i kept wondering why the hell he only had MM offers.

Bama has their check book out and open for the NJ Kids.. Quinerly and RJ Cole package deal... Nate Oats welcome to the SEC

Cole was first team All State in New Jersey. I saw him a couple times and he was outstanding. I believe I read that Howard offered him first and he wanted to recognize that plus his major was supposedly very good at Howard. Many people here in NJ knew Cole could have gone to many schools.

Knights1212, I know Cole has major skill.

I just don't think the staff wants to add another guard to an already log jammed position.

Reactions: needmorecowbell
Higgins, I agree. I don't think we should go after him now as well. I think he would have been a nice addition when he graduated high school in 2017 but he seemed very set on Howard. I thing the Ledger picked him as the state player of the year but I might be wrong on that. I love our guards. Now if we can just get a forward who can make threes and one more big guy who can contribute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT