ADVERTISEMENT

My exhaustive list of intriguing transfer candidates (and ongoing transfer watch)

Not sure I would take the chance on Figueroa. Yes, he's technically 3 years to play 2, but he could sit out one year, play one year, and then grad transfer or go pro. I would not want to tie up a schollie under these circumstances.

We need (1) a current grad transfer; and (2) either a true freshman or a sit-out transfer who has THREE years of eligibility remaining.

Not sure I would take the chance on Figueroa. Yes, he's technically 3 years to play 2, but he could sit out one year, play one year, and then grad transfer or go pro. I would not want to tie up a schollie under these circumstances.

We need (1) a current grad transfer; and (2) either a true freshman or a sit-out transfer who has THREE years of eligibility remaining.

I expect Figueroa to be immediately eligible if he transfers. The St. John's AD met with the players and said he would help them get immediate waivers, and in this day and age that's more than enough for the NCAA to grant it.

Didn't even make my big original list because of lack of shooting (sub-30% from three this past year). St. Joe's has also not been very good with him as the focal point.

Missed all but 1 game of junior season with injury & missed 10 games this season. 3 year captain tho, Kid is a leader.

You're kidding right ?

TJ Holyfield final 5: Oregon, Kansas, Illinois, Texas Tech, Miami

Underwood at Illinois originally recruited him to Stephen F. Austin

Another sharpshooter but all these guys seem to be out west. He is Danny Ainge's nephew:

He's a Mormon (started at BYU) and has a wife and child so there's negative chance he's moving across the country, just putting his name here because he'll be a big-impact guy for Utah or Arizona or some other mid-to-high-major out west.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Another sharpshooter but all these guys seem to be out west. He is Danny Ainge's nephew:

He's a Mormon (started at BYU) and has a wife and child so there's negative chance he's moving across the country, just putting his name here because he'll be a big-impact guy for Utah or Arizona or some other mid-to-high-major out west.
Could Boston College use him? Competing in the ACC is a step up. Uncle Danny might be able to find the Toolson family a place to stay.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Freshman PG who can really shoot. Originally from Ohio. Would love to have him

Reactions: dpwhite
This thread has interesting information but very little mention on players that are interested in Rutgers and are front court shooters which is the need right now.

This thread has interesting information but very little mention on players that are interested in Rutgers and are front court shooters which is the need right now.

Yep. Lots of guards out there. And Rutgers doesn't seem nearly as active as they have been the past few seasons. But until the two scholarships are filled I'll continue to monitor.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Darn, so Laurent won't play versus Ru this year.
I would not underestimate him. In just over 20 minutes a game he averaged about nine points and five rebounds, most interestingly shooting about 47% from three.

I really doubt Laurent comes to RU. He played a year for Pikiell and didn't play much and only averaged 3 ppg. He left because he didn't want to stay at RU, We have Harper for both forwards plus Kiss and often we will probably play three guards.

Very annoying to me that Rutgers isn't involved in any of this.

Anyone that RU expresses interest in I figure can get their own thread. Unfortunately the Rutgers name has just not popped up. No visits as far as I know. So... yeah.
Great job on your part establishing the transfer list.It 's disappointing with two available scholarships to read the lack of names mentioning Rutgers .The need for front court help is obvious ,

Is it fair to assume that the kids we’re sold on aren’t sold on us and that we’re not sold on the kids who are sold on us—the assumption being that we’re being at least fairly selective?

Is it fair to assume that the kids we’re sold on aren’t sold on us and that we’re not sold on the kids who are sold on us—the assumption being that we’re being at least fairly selective?

Not sure. In previous years you'd see tweets from national guys saying so-and-so has been hearing from Rutgers (Martin twins, Brandone Francis, Vance Jackson, Peter Kiss, etc). This year has been all but silent outside of some passing mentions for Andree and Ntambwe.

This surprises me...especially after Howard said he was staying. I know Wisky thought they had the younger one until he decided to join his older brother. However, if it's Virginia, that's a helluva pickup for them.

They both have to sit a year.

We ( ND ) finished second on the younger guy out of HS. Didn't offer the older one and it cost us. Joey is the much better player.

I think they would look at a serviceable Big if one becomes available.

Possibly take a 3 who can shoot .

But Grad Transfers IMO want guaranteed minutes and frankly there aren't many here that I'm seeing.

I think they would look at a serviceable Big if one becomes available.

Possibly take a 3 who can shoot .

But Grad Transfers IMO want guaranteed minutes and frankly there aren't many here that I'm seeing.

If there's a 40% three-point shooter willing to come here, we can find minutes for them. Well, from my POV anyway. Pikiell may see it differently. But the fact is there are two scholarships that we have and that's two opportunities to improve the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT